🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Occupy Wall Street Movement is WORKING!!!

"CAPITALISM depends on wealth and income inequity to work."

The point was on what drives a true free market economy- profit
The problem is not different levels of economic success but
the movement between those classes being limited by gov't
regulatory intrusion and collusion with business.

Side note
as for the "401k" financial capital is a factor of production
and one's labour, Individual capital, can be a factor of production

In a broad sense, in a free market system, all have some form of "capital" at work
We all have some "skin in the game"

Do we, really?

What percentage of all Americans live solely from the procedes of their investments?

THOSE people are CAPITALISTS.

People who must work for living?

They're merely investors.

they are still investors regardless if they can live off the proceeds
and they still have their "Individual capital" they are investing
---------------

Last edited:
Sorry, I've been watching and hearing Obama and the Democrats wage class warfare almost since he was inaugurated.

I've been watching them, too. The class warfare was all in your head. They didn't. Believe me, I was looking for it, and if it had been there I'd have seen it.

The top 4% took 80% of the after tax income increase in America in the last 30 years.

The bottom 50% of wage earners control 2.5% of the wealth in America.

Reagan and the two Bushes created 93% of the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich.

Wall Street ran a $516 trillion dollar Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy.

The class war is over. The rich won.

The household income it takes to join the evil 1% OWS and the left seeks to destroy:
answer: $384,354. (They pay about 37% of all the income taxes)

Top 1%: $380,354
Top 5%: $159,619
Top 10%: $113,799

The top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the tab.
The bottom 50 percent pay just 3 percent of the income taxes.

Wow the "rich" really won
:eusa_whistle:

Again it is a spending issue

spending-problem-11-4-11.jpg

Last edited:
Those that earn the wealth should always control it.
The majority of those without wealth have NO clue how to run their own affairs.

Take your blinders off.

You seemed to have missed most of the last three years.

See, this is what amazes me, that people on the right can actually believe that the Democrats are left-wing, or even that President Obama moved to the left in office after campaigning as a moderate. To me, it seems obvious that he moved to the right in office after campaigning as a progressive.

There was some (very mild) class warfare language used by Obama in 2008 on the campaign trail, but he has not lived up to it at all in office. He went through with Bush's bank bailout and failed to make the culprits pay any penalty. His bank-regulation and consumer-protection bill fell far short of what was needed to prevent a recurrence. His health-care reform bill was far too much a giveaway to the health-insurance industry. He has put Wall Street insiders in his cabinet in key economic positions. He is no economic progressive. Neither are most of the Democrats in Congress. If they were, the Occupy movement wouldn't even exist; that energy would be going to put Democrats back into control of Congress -- or rather, to increase their control, because if they were the Republicans wouldn't have won the election last year.

The change to the positions taken by Democrats is very clear, although what is less clear is whether they will follow through on this with action.

Sorry, I've been watching and hearing Obama and the Democrats wage class warfare almost since he was inaugurated.

I've been watching them, too. The class warfare was all in your head. They didn't. Believe me, I was looking for it, and if it had been there I'd have seen it.

The top 4% took 80% of the after tax income increase in America in the last 30 years.

The bottom 50% of wage earners control 2.5% of the wealth in America.

Reagan and the two Bushes created 93% of the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich.

Wall Street ran a $516 trillion dollar Ponzi scheme that destroyed the world economy.

The class war is over. The rich won.

Complete garbage.

According to http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo4.htm, the debt at the end of the 1980 fiscal year, on September 30th, 1980, was $907,701,000,000. On September 30th, 1981, it was $997,855,000,000. Averaging it out over the year gives a debt of $246,997,260.27 per day.

Reagan took office 112 days later on January 20th, 1981. The debt on that date could be estimated as $907,701,000,000 plus 112 x $246,997,260.27, or $935,364,693,151.

Bill Clinton was the first president to slow the rate of the accrual of debt after the current out-of-control spending began with the Borrow and Spend Republicans in 1981.

The final amount of the senior Bush debt was $4,174,218,594,232.91 (according to http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np), and Clinton became president on January 20th, 1993. Bill Clinton saw $1,553,558,144,071.73 added to the national debt during the eight years of his presidency.

However, from the start of fiscal year 1994 (7 months after Clinton became president), until the start of fiscal year 2002 (7 months after Bush took office), the amount of money paid toward interest on the existing Federal debt was $2,767,282,794,374.59 (http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/ir/ir_expense.htm).

Therefore, no amount of the national debt is attributable to Bill Clinton - his policies of higher taxes and reduced spending actually simultaneously reduced the debt and brought about the strongest economy since World War II, despite the fiscal disaster left in the wake of Reagan and the first Bush.

The debt was at $5,727,776,738,304.64 on January 19th, 2001, the last business day before George W. Bush took the office of president. The debt was at $10,628,881,485,510.23 on January 16th, 2009, the last business day before Barack H. Obama became president.

During his administration, George W. Bush
increased the national debt by $4,901,104,747,205.59
and personally approved of the creation of 46% of the entire national debt,
in only 8 years.

ReaganBushDebt.org Calculation Details

From the chart, it would seem that there is more of an equal distribution of wealth than the shitters claim. It is the bottom 2.5 percent, who are a very small percentage of the whole who have the least amount of wealth, which is probably exactly as it should be.

I always love reading about comparisons of OWS and Teabaggers.

It's quite a different thing when you're fighting against the establishment that's been set up for the longest time, compared to just bitching about the newest guy in the white house. Plus, when was the last time you saw the tea partiers out there for longer than a day or two? That's right, you don't. Let me assure you, if those tea party members were out there for any length of time compared to the occupy wall street individuals with the same circumstances, they'd be stinking up the joint just as much as anybody else. Maybe even moreso? Those are some unhealthy individuals we've seen at the tea party rallies.

The response back of course is always, "well we have jobs, so get a job you hippie." That's okay, they can afford to say that and go back home because they have boat loads of lobbyists doing their work for them. The OWS individuals fighting against the status quo don't have that luxury.

The rich/poor gap has NEVER been worse, nor upward mobility, Children my butt. You dittoheads need a course in comprehension and a 2x4 to the forehead LOL

The rich/poor gap has NEVER been worse, nor upward mobility, Children my butt. You dittoheads need a course in comprehension and a 2x4 to the forehead LOL

And you need some surgery to extract your head from your......

According to http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo4.htm, the debt at the end of the 1980 fiscal year, on September 30th, 1980, was $907,701,000,000. On September 30th, 1981, it was $997,855,000,000. Averaging it out over the year gives a debt of $246,997,260.27 per day.

Reagan took office 112 days later on January 20th, 1981. The debt on that date could be estimated as $907,701,000,000 plus 112 x $246,997,260.27, or $935,364,693,151.

Bill Clinton was the first president to slow the rate of the accrual of debt after the current out-of-control spending began with the Borrow and Spend Republicans in 1981.

The final amount of the senior Bush debt was $4,174,218,594,232.91 (according to http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np), and Clinton became president on January 20th, 1993. Bill Clinton saw $1,553,558,144,071.73 added to the national debt during the eight years of his presidency.

However, from the start of fiscal year 1994 (7 months after Clinton became president), until the start of fiscal year 2002 (7 months after Bush took office), the amount of money paid toward interest on the existing Federal debt was $2,767,282,794,374.59 (http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/ir/ir_expense.htm).

Therefore, no amount of the national debt is attributable to Bill Clinton - his policies of higher taxes and reduced spending actually simultaneously reduced the debt and brought about the strongest economy since World War II, despite the fiscal disaster left in the wake of Reagan and the first Bush.

The debt was at $5,727,776,738,304.64 on January 19th, 2001, the last business day before George W. Bush took the office of president. The debt was at $10,628,881,485,510.23 on January 16th, 2009, the last business day before Barack H. Obama became president.

During his administration, George W. Bush
increased the national debt by $4,901,104,747,205.59
and personally approved of the creation of 46% of the entire national debt,
in only 8 years.

ReaganBushDebt.org Calculation Details

Gotta love how the board fraud "historian" frames things.

Facts are facts.

Missing one fact....Clinton was on a course to spend us up the river (remember Hilarycare). In 1994, he had to change his tune and he didn't like it. But he played along with the GOP congress and the facts speak for themselves.

Forum List

Back