The odds Syrian refugees will turn out to be terrorists

And ya I did disprove your assertion. You're just too whatever to admit it.

No, you actually didn't.

What "assertion" of mine do you think you've disproved?

Feigning memory loss or is a real problem?

" The migrants arriving in Europe by sea are not the same people that are applying for refugee status in the US. They pose no national security threat to the US, because they're not coming here.

Seemed true until...

Mexico Opening Door to Syrian Refugees, Joins Other Nations South of US Border

"Prominent Mexican officials are calling on their president to open the doors for 10,000 Syrian refugees, though thousands of Mexicans per year are fleeing their cartel-controlled nation and its violence and seeking asylum in the United States. The move comes on the heels of Mexico accepting 30 Syrian students. Other nations south of the porous U.S.-Mexico border have already opened their doors for people fleeing the Middle East."

If they head that way they can bypass our 'vetting' if they then cross into the US illegally, or even just hsow up and announce they're refugees and waved in."

The Syrians coming in to the US through non-Us countries like Mexico and countries south of Mexico are EXACTLY like the Mediterranean ones coming through sans background checks.

No, you actually didn't.

" The migrants arriving in Europe by sea are not the same people that are applying for refugee status in the US. They pose no national security threat to the US, because they're not coming here.

Seemed true until...

"Prominent Mexican officials are calling on their president to open the doors for 10,000 Syrian refugees, though thousands of Mexicans per year are fleeing their cartel-controlled nation and its violence and seeking asylum in the United States. The move comes on the heels of Mexico accepting 30 Syrian students. Other nations south of the porous U.S.-Mexico border have already opened their doors for people fleeing the Middle East."

If they head that way they can bypass our 'vetting' if they then cross into the US illegally, or even just hsow up and announce they're refugees and waved in."

First of all, any refugees that Mexico accepts would be from the registered refugees that I mentioned above, not the boat people landing in Italy.

Secondly, if a Syrian refugee were to sneak across the border from Mexico and get caught, they wouldn't be "waved in", they'd be sent back to Mexico.

No, you actually didn't.

Seemed true until...

First of all, any refugees that Mexico accepts would be from the registered refugees that I mentioned above, not the boat people landing in Italy.

Secondly, if a Syrian refugee were to sneak across the border from Mexico and get caught, they wouldn't be "waved in", they'd be sent back to Mexico.

Refugees, or those claiming to be refugees are 'waved in' at the border crossing legally. Don't have to cross illegally. And since they wont get any background checks (likely as not) in Mexico or Central American countries, they can bypass US security screening and just walk on in. Can get ya a link about it if you were unaware of this. I was unitl last night.

No, you actually didn't.

You seriously have precious little insight. Normally, you retreat to live to fight another day. I don't
know if it's courage, simply stupidity, or love of getting your ass kicked which makes you come back for more derision.

The idea that none of the Syrian refugees will be terrorists is 0.

The idea that some of the Syrian refugees will be terrorists is 100.

No, you actually didn't.

Seemed true until...

Refugees, or those claiming to be refugees are 'waved in' at the border crossing legally. Don't have to cross illegally. And since they wont get any background checks (likely as not) in Mexico or Central American countries, they can bypass US security screening and just walk on in. Can get ya a link about it if you were unaware of this. I was unitl last night.

People claiming to be refugees are not simply "waved in". That's just simply not true.

There's also no reason to believe that Mexico or any other South American country won't perform "background checks".

"A person who meets the definition of a refugee, but who applies for this status from within the United States—either when they are seeking admission at a port of entry or after they have already entered the country in a different status or without status—is an asylee. The United States processes asylees differently than those who enter the country in refugee status; that process is not addressed in this fact sheet. "
An Overview of U.S. Refugee Law and Policy | Immigration Policy Center

Green Card for an Asylee

All ya gotta do is get here, claim asylum, and you're in the system. Have to process you, do tons of paperwork, etc. May ultimately deny it but you're not in jail during this time.

The migrants arriving in Europe by sea are not the same people that are applying for refugee status in the US. They pose no national security threat to the US, because they're not coming here.
That is not what I am reading. We have been taking in Muslims from various places around the world, from Africa to SE Asia.

Obama's offer to take in 10k Syrian refugees though is a response to the EU's plight with their flood of refugees, and is separate from our previously existing program of taking in refugees from Jordan which already houses something like 180k refugees from Syria.

If you have some information that shows Obama's promised 10k Syrian refugees (that will expand to over 200k from Syria over the next few years) is not from the EU migration, then please share.

People claiming to be refugees are not simply "waved in". That's just simply not true.

There's also no reason to believe that Mexico or any other South American country won't perform "background checks".

They can and have presented fake ID from Syria, and how does one do a check on Ali Mohamed from Raqqa when Raqqa is under ISIS and has no available public records any more?

"A person who meets the definition of a refugee, but who applies for this status from within the United States—either when they are seeking admission at a port of entry or after they have already entered the country in a different status or without status—is an asylee. The United States processes asylees differently than those who enter the country in refugee status; that process is not addressed in this fact sheet. "
An Overview of U.S. Refugee Law and Policy | Immigration Policy Center

Green Card for an Asylee

All ya gotta do is get here, claim asylum, and you're in the system. Have to process you, do tons of paperwork, etc. May ultimately deny it but you're not in jail during this time.

"Aslyees" are held in INS custody or other approved custody until they are approved. They're not just let free to roam the country.

See the recent story about the Christians who snuck across the border and were just deported back to Germany.

Forum List

Back