The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies if this has already been posted.

Protesters gather as police urge peace after Zimmerman verdict | www.wftv.com

SANFORD, Fla. — Protesters arrived outside the Seminole County courthouse Friday afternoon after jurors began deliberating George Zimmerman's fate in his second-degree murder trial.
Law enforcement officials are asking residents of Sanford and surrounding areas to remain peaceful after a verdict is announced

what low expectations the city holds

Well, there have been threats. Police can't really afford to ignore them.

I hope the jury takes a few days to deliberate. I'd like to feel like they took this very seriously and spent time going over all evidence, the instructions from the judge and all testimony from both sides.

This whole case is politically motivated, should've never been brought to trial. Atleast on the murder charge.

I am not familiar with FL law --I think I understand why they didn't charge him according to their law.

He would have been charged in GA--'deadly force to be used to protect yourself/property in your home'.

I think it is unrealistic to think that states will change Stand Your Ground laws.

shrug--My state won't.

Say you are walking home from buying a bag of Skittles and someone starts following you so you run off. Say you think you got away and suddenly, you hear "You punks always get away" so you turn around. Then they shoot you in the chest and you die. Guess you didn't get the chance to defend yourself.

Don't forget to add that the shooter then commences to beat his own head onto the curb, screams for help and then places the smoked up body upon himself to make it look like self defense. It happens criminals are cleaver.

Are you serious? This doesn't need a link to be understood: to understand this point you need common sense. Civilians should not be following each other around spying on each other or looking for trouble or stalking women they find attractive. It is only common sense. Look what happens when someone, a civilian, doesn't use common sense and goes out following someone he thinks is suspicious: tragedy.

Zim saw suspected criminal in neighborhood, called Police and tried to direct Police to said criminal.

Zimmerman only saw a 'suspect' because he racially profiled Trayvon. Zimmerman was stalking and harrassing Trayvon. Which is against the law. If people were to read this link honestly, and applied it to themselves, if they were able to put themselves in Trayvon's shoes, an innocent, unarmed individual minding his own business, they would see that he, Trayvon, was in the position of being stalked and harrassed, of being put in fear of his own safety, and that what Zimmerman did, especially as he did not identify himself and his role in the neighborhood watch, was to cause Trayvon to fear for his own safety, and, Zimmerman was breaking the law by stalking and harrassing an innocent civilian who was minding his own business in a place he had every right to be and doing what he had every right to do. If people could put themselves in Trayvon's place, they would see that. But so many can't either because they are racists or they are so pro-gun they need to support what Zimmerman did against all other reasoning. If they tables were turned and you gun-toters were being stalked at night by an unknown person, you'd be pulling out your gun and blowing Zimmerman away instead of the other way around. But you'll never admit that.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/stalking_and_harassment/#a03dc

Zimmerman only saw a 'suspect' because he racially profiled Trayvon. Zimmerman was stalking and harrassing Trayvon. Which is against the law. If people were to read this link honestly, and applied it to themselves, if they were able to put themselves in Trayvon's shoes, an innocent, unarmed individual minding his own business, they would see that he, Trayvon, was in the position of being stalked and harrassed, of being put in fear of his own safety, and that what Zimmerman did, especially as he did not identify himself and his role in the neighborhood watch, was to cause Trayvon to fear for his own safety, and, Zimmerman was breaking the law by stalking and harrassing an innocent civilian who was minding his own business in a place he had every right to be and doing what he had every right to do. If people could put themselves in Trayvon's place, they would see that. But so many can't either because they are racists or they are so pro-gun they need to support what Zimmerman did against all other reasoning. If they tables were turned and you gun-toters were being stalked at night by an unknown person, you'd be pulling out your gun and blowing Zimmerman away instead of the other way around. But you'll never admit that.

Stalking and Harassment: Legal Guidance: Crown Prosecution Service

Zimmerman first spotted Trayvon in a side yard next to a window, off the sidewalk, in the rain and he called police.

Are you serious? This doesn't need a link to be understood: to understand this point you need common sense. Civilians should not be following each other around spying on each other or looking for trouble or stalking women they find attractive. It is only common sense. Look what happens when someone, a civilian, doesn't use common sense and goes out following someone he thinks is suspicious: tragedy.

Zim saw suspected criminal in neighborhood, called Police and tried to direct Police to said criminal.

People won't admit that because it's not the truth. The court of law said it's not the truth. Are you claiming to be smarter than the law ?

I watched that moment live man.

Notice how no one apologizes for this? Ever? All they ever do is justify it. Bastards.

because the country has accepted low expectations of behavior

only from minorities

Not all minorities. Hispanics have a work ethic. And blacks are shitting squealing worms all over the country because they could not get the Hispanics to be 'honorary blacks.' Whites succeeded at making them honorary whites, and this case sealed the deal.

Last edited:

Zimmerman first spotted Trayvon in a side yard next to a window, off the sidewalk, in the rain and he called police.

And Zimmerman knew for quite some time that Trayvon knew he was being watched. I mean, seriously, if Trayvon were planning on breaking into a home, and he knew he had been spotted, would he, would anyone, continue to lurk in that area and plan a break-in all the while being watched? Of course not. It makes absolutely no sense for Zimmerman to continue to stalk this guy when he sees that Trayvon does not retreat and leave the area after he has been watched and followed by Zimmerman. Someone up to no good would have left the area as soon as he was spotted. Duh, duh, duh.....

I'm 68 years old, carried a weapon for 22 years in the US Army (with the DIA) 7 days a week, 365 days a year. I am extremely proficient with a pistol. I currently maintain a CCW and usually carry when my Wife and I are out - as do many here in Montana. Up here, weapons are a natural part of life, no one here sees them as a "big deal".

The funny thing about guns being carried by law abiding citizens is that they tend to make "good neighbors" out of everyone. I have never had to "pull" on anyone, but make no mistake, threaten me or mine and I will make certain that you don't do it again. And, nearly every person I know here, feels the same way, as does every member of the Sheriffs Department.

THAT is called self-defense.

WTF are you scared of in Montana that you feel the need to carry? Is having the gun just make you feel safer?

I have lived what I think is a long time and I know of no instance that I ever needed a gun nor do I know of anyone who has had need of a gun, other then hunting. I spent my youth growing up in a major city and lived on the road for 2 years without so much as a credit card.

My brother carries a gun everywhere and I keep asking him why. Who exactly is he afraid of? Any criminal that is good at their trade and wants what you have will take it regardless of your gun. I knew of a guy that had an extensive gun collection, and had it all stolen. Carrying guns didn't help him one bit. I think if I had a gun I might become even a bigger ahole in that I might not be thinking of the consequences of a confrontation quite so much.

BTW, none of the above is to imply I think you foolish to carry a gun. You do what is right for you. Me, I can't keep track of my cell phone I seriously doubt I need to, or should, carry a gun.

Last edited:

And Zimmerman knew for quite some time that Trayvon knew he was being watched. I mean, seriously, if Trayvon were planning on breaking into a home, and he knew he had been spotted, would he, would anyone, continue to lurk in that area and plan a break-in all the while being watched? Of course not. It makes absolutely no sense for Zimmerman to continue to stalk this guy when he sees that Trayvon does not retreat and leave the area after he has been watched and followed by Zimmerman. Someone up to no good would have left the area as soon as he was spotted. Duh, duh, duh.....

But at that point......Trayvon went right at Zimmerman and circled the truck with his hand is waistband to intimidate him. Then he ran and ended dead over 4 minutes later less than 100 yard or so from where he went at the truck. On the same sidewalk he lived 200 yard further down.

Last edited:
If you are referring to Zimmerman, I think the real question is....

If you go.looking for a confrontation.and.find.one, is that still a "stand your ground" situation?

But at that point......Trayvon went right at Zimmerman and circled the truck with his hand is waistband to intimidate him.

According to Zimmerman: a gun nut, wannabe cop, vigilantee, and just plain fool.....Barney Fife with lethal intentions.....a sad, tragic joke of a man who took another's life because he has no sense of reality. Do we really want people like this walking the streets of American carrying concealed weapons???????

I'm 68 years old, carried a weapon for 22 years in the US Army (with the DIA) 7 days a week, 365 days a year. I am extremely proficient with a pistol. I currently maintain a CCW and usually carry when my Wife and I are out - as do many here in Montana. Up here, weapons are a natural part of life, no one here sees them as a "big deal".

The funny thing about guns being carried by law abiding citizens is that they tend to make "good neighbors" out of everyone. I have never had to "pull" on anyone, but make no mistake, threaten me or mine and I will make certain that you don't do it again. And, nearly every person I know here, feels the same way, as does every member of the Sheriffs Department.

THAT is called self-defense.

WTF are you scared of in Montana that you feel the need to carry? Is having the gun just make you feel safer?

I have lived what I think is a long time and I know of no instance that I ever needed a gun nor do I know of anyone who has had need of a gun, other then hunting. I spent my youth growing up in a major city and lived on the road for 2 years without so much as a credit card.

My brother carries a gun everywhere and I keep asking him why. Who exactly is he afraid of? Any criminal that is good at their trade and wants what you have will take it regardless of your gun. I knew of a guy that had an extensive gun collection, and had it all stolen. Carrying guns didn't help him one bit. I think if I had a gun I might become even a bigger ahole in that I might not be thinking of the consequences of a confrontation quite so much.

SHARKNADOS! The scourge of America...and.to make.my.idiot.Conservatives smile? It's all Obamae fault.

Be back early for "Verdict Watch"........even though we won't actually be watching them. LOL

:night:

Well, I'm going to be busy catching up on some things I let slide while wasting my time on this debacle. I know I didn't have to, but I just wanted to know what really went down when blacks start rampaging like they did in the 60s, and not have to rely on the word of our lying race baiting press and president. I did get a good bit of stitching done, though. So it was not a total loss.

According to Zimmerman: a gun nut, wannabe cop, vigilantee, and just plain fool.....Barney Fife with lethal intentions.....a sad, tragic joke of a man who took another's life because he has no sense of reality. Do we really want people like this walking the streets of American carrying concealed weapons???????

No according to the 911 tapes, the timeline they support, location of Martins body and the location Zim's truck.

I hope manslaughter, but I think the jury will be dumb enough to let him go.

What evidence do you have to back the manslaughter charge that has you so thoroughly convinced that the jury would have to be ''dumb'' not to convict him on it?

Not speaking for Noomi here but the key fact hinges on GZ's account that TM was allegedly on top of him in such a way that it would be impossible for GZ to reach his gun. Which means that either GZ already had his gun out before the altercation or GZ grabbed his gun and shot TM after he was getting up off him. That makes it manslaughter in my opinion but I don't see that happening. At best I am expecting a hung jury otherwise it will be an acquittal given the incompetent prosecution.

But at that point......Trayvon went right at Zimmerman and circled the truck with his hand is waistband to intimidate him.

The most accurate and vetted version of events that happened that night are the trial transcripts. Even the prosecution did not dispute the fact that Martin approached Zimmerman's car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back