The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a laugh, so I turned on Fancy Grapes.

I just watched the replay, and I'm still laughing. 9 guests, and the only 2 who agreed with her were her producer and the Martin family lawyer.

By the end of the show, she all but conceded a not guilty verdict. And is blaming it on Dr Shipping. :lol:

the HLN online polls said 63% not guilty. 'After Hours'--assembled 6 women mock jury in Sanford and one in Atlanta -they both found 'Guilty'--or --Zimmerman Will Walk, as they put it.

they interviewed people who had been in the courtroom and several jurors were crying during rebuttal--and one sobbing.

true/not true--there was high praise for John Guy's rebuttal. ' a child's worst fear is being followed by a strange man', etc.

I stopped watching 'After hours'. It became clear to me that the "jurors" were only responding to the HLN commentators, not what was going on in the trial.

As for Fancy Grapes, if she played the tape of John Guy saying "George Zimmerman will forever have the blood of Trayvon Martin on his hands, FOREVER." one more time, I would have thrown a brick through my TV.

Cue the riots folks. Should be fun watching frightened Whitey run for the hills. Gonna be some great TV. CNN and NBC are salivating. Stay tuned.

Aggressively following? Menacing? The "truth" is, Zimmerman was non confrontational that night. He was following someone [but he was following them at a distance. The only way the two of them come together is if Trayvon Martin makes that happen by retracing his steps to confront Zimmerman. The only way that fight starts is if Trayvon Martin walks BACK from the condo where he was staying and suddenly comes out of the dark at Zimmerman as he is walking BACK to his SUV.

Last edited:
Cue the riots folks. Should be fun watching frightened Whitey run for the hills. Gonna be some great TV. CNN and NBC are salivating. Stay tuned.

Yeah, been a long time since the media had a good race riot to cover. So, they have to incite one.

I believe that many African Americans now see that the case against Zimmerman was not what they were led to believe it was.
Does not change the fact that many still want him punished for something.
Sure, there will be some protests and possibly riots also but most of the folks like Martin's ghetto girl friend have no transportation so most of it will be them burning down their own neighborhoods like after the Rodney King verdict.
Instead of going up into Burbank and other predominantly white neighborhoods they burned their own.
Lock and load, free fire zone and rock and roll.
Shoot low boys, they are riding shetland ponies.

You do realize, I am sure, that many a seventeen year old has been tried as an adult or crimes they have committed, right?

As to Zimmerman, he made bad choices that led to tragedy. I do not believe he went out that night to kill anyone. I do not fear that he will kill again.

Then he can move in next door to you.

Unless he is convicted, he can move wherever he wishes.

SO? you can throw somebody 3-5 feet away from yourself and then somebody can crawl the remaining 5 feet. 10 feet is not a long distance - T height was more than half of that distance :rolleyes:

Again, direct evidence. It has to be taken on face value like I explained yesterday of how a shot through the heart would surely silence anyone and drop them on the spot. You can conjecture all day long, but direct evidence is what murder trials are all about.

And if you'd been paying attention to the direct evidence in this case, you'd know that the defense's expert witness on pathology testified that a shot to the heart might very well NOT drop someone on the spot. That there were instances where a person was shot through the heart and ran a short distance before collapsing.

Are we at a point where nutters here won't even concede that Zimmerman acted foolishly? That he should have done things differently?

Are you so ideologically dug in that you do not assign any blame at all for this killing to the guy?

If so......how fucking stupid.

Zimmerman was an idiot.

As a CCW holder leaving the car had no upside.

The reasonable fear of dying or great bodily harm while his head and face were being bashed as the evidence and eyewitness account states justifies his self-defense.

We can disagree on that reasonable fear matter.....but I am pleased to know that at least one "supporter" of acquittal recognizes that what Zimmerman did was fucking stupid. There ought to be unanimous agreement that Zimmerman's actions led to this kid's death.

I just watched the replay, and I'm still laughing. 9 guests, and the only 2 who agreed with her were her producer and the Martin family lawyer.

By the end of the show, she all but conceded a not guilty verdict. And is blaming it on Dr Shipping. :lol:

the HLN online polls said 63% not guilty. 'After Hours'--assembled 6 women mock jury in Sanford and one in Atlanta -they both found 'Guilty'--or --Zimmerman Will Walk, as they put it.

they interviewed people who had been in the courtroom and several jurors were crying during rebuttal--and one sobbing.

true/not true--there was high praise for John Guy's rebuttal. ' a child's worst fear is being followed by a strange man', etc.

I stopped watching 'After hours'. It became clear to me that the "jurors" were only responding to the HLN commentators, not what was going on in the trial.

As for Fancy Grapes, if she played the tape of John Guy saying "George Zimmerman will forever have the blood of Trayvon Martin on his hands, FOREVER." one more time, I would have thrown a brick through my TV.

Since I established a moratorium on HLN--I didn't know 'After Hours' existed. Stunned by what I saw.

Fox had a more interesting panel. LE from Brooklyn, a number of attorneys and media related persons--lively. Talked over each other--so I'm not sure of what was said.

I'm not sure of much after overindulging in this. Now they are analyzing jurors--'Southern women', mothers--'Emotion will play a role but women can analyze facts'. I ask myself--why are you listening to this. I am a woman--I have emotions, can analyze facts --yeah me. How exciting--all female jury. Weeks worth of discussion that will be forthcoming.

State Attorney Angela Corey fired her office’s information technology director Friday after he testified last month about being concerned prosecutors did not turn over information to George Zimmerman’s defense team in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

On the same day attorneys finished their closing arguments in that nationally watched trial, a state attorney investigator went to Ben Kruidbos’ home about 7:30 a.m. to hand-deliver a letter stating Kruidbos “can never again be trusted to step foot in this office.”

State Attorney Angela Corey fires information techonology director who raised concerns in Trayvon Martin case | jacksonville.com

I hope the jury takes a few days to deliberate. I'd like to feel like they took this very seriously and spent time going over all evidence, the instructions from the judge and all testimony from both sides.

This whole case is politically motivated, should've never been brought to trial. Atleast on the murder charge.

There should have been a hearing.

Starting out the mother just wanted an arrest. Once Al Sharpton got ahold of her she wanted an arrest, a trial, a conviction, and a life sentence.

Alot of people have misled Trayvan's mother. It's clear the father is more realistic, but the mother is defiant and angry and feels she has justification for it. However, she, more than anyone else, knows what her kid was capable of. She was just hoping he would straighten out. He was going down a crooked road and this was pretty much inevitable.

My nephew lived in that area. He was born in Daytona Beach FL. I was lucky enough to get him out of there before he got killed or thrown in prison, but the fact is you can get the kid out of the hood but you can't get the hood out of the kid.

Since I established a moratorium on HLN--I didn't know 'After Hours' existed. Stunned by what I saw.

Fox had a more interesting panel. LE from Brooklyn, a number of attorneys and media related persons--lively. Talked over each other--so I'm not sure of what was said.

I'm not sure of much after overindulging in this. Now they are analyzing jurors--'Southern women', mothers--'Emotion will play a role but women can analyze facts'. I ask myself--why are you listening to this. I am a woman--I have emotions, can analyze facts --yeah me. How exciting--all female jury. Weeks worth of discussion that will be forthcoming.

i watched a little anderson cooper and his panel on cnn

pretty much going over what everyone already knows

I hope the jury takes a few days to deliberate. I'd like to feel like they took this very seriously and spent time going over all evidence, the instructions from the judge and all testimony from both sides.

This case isn't that complicated.

They already know how they're going to vote.

Someone who was in the courtroom said the front row of jurors was sitting back with arms crossed over their chests when the defense began the closing and I suppose during the rebuttal--not certain.

This was said to mean they had decided and were ready to get on with deliberations. I would think so-- a long week. fwiw.

We can disagree on that reasonable fear matter.....but I am pleased to know that at least one "supporter" of acquittal recognizes that what Zimmerman did was fucking stupid. There ought to be unanimous agreement that Zimmerman's actions led to this kid's death.

Zimmerman's actions did lead to his death.

The action of being mounted and his head being struck against a hard object, for which there is eyewitness and physical evidence is ample reason to stop the attack and great bodily injury.

The Prosecution's case is almost solely based on "conjecture". They want you to believe that George Zimmerman wanted to shoot someone that night but they base that on a statement made about punks always getting away...a statement made by someone whose demeanor at the time isn't agitated or angry. There is ZERO proof that George Zimmerman wanted to shoot Trayvon Martin when he got out of his SUV. He was following a suspicious person AT A DISTANCE. Trying to keep them in sight until the Police arrived...the Police that George Zimmerman had called.

*sigh* Now on HLN, Jane Valdez Bitchall and Vinnie Polly Parrot are referring to the jurors as 1 "Hispanic" and 5 "non Hispanic Whites".

Gotta keep that meme running at all costs. :cuckoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back