The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It wasn't. It was typical plodding trite tripe bullshit.

Cut him some slack...he was just joking.

What are your thoughts about GZ reaching for a "phone" just before he got hit...think someone following and then reaching for something when approached might have had something to do with him being punched?

Im down the middle on this one...but the reaching for a phone when the gun was in the same spot he was reaching says that he will have some explaining to do if the prosecutor presses it.

I can see the good and bad of each side...and that part of Mr Zs story disturbs me. Why would he be reaching for a phone if the cops were on their way...what was a phone call gonna do at that point...yet his gun was right there...isnt it reasonable to assume that he may have been reaching for that yet felt he had to tell the cops he was reaching for a phone? he says he reached for the phone but it must have been the wrong pocket...yeah but he was reaching in the right place for where his gun was holstered.

A neighborhood watch person following a teen packing heat is not a good thing, IMO and if it were my family member Id be pissed.

However, I dont like the race card being pulled by anyone...it has no place in this case...the only people associating "hoodie" with "black" are those defending martin and desperately wanting to make it a race issue to intimidate a potential jury. If we want to get past color, then the same have to get past that type of behavior also...just my take.

I agree with a lot of your posts and I appreciate your research and in depth analysis...its what the forum is all about.

Its hard to get past race when In my opinoin, Zimmerman only looked twice at Martin BECASUE he was black. In my opinion. Everything else happened because of Zimmerman profiling Martin. IN MY OPINION.

I have a question. Did Zimmerman ever call the police on a suspicious white guy there? How many times did he call the police on black people there...?

BTW...you are entitled to your opinion and I do appreciate you stating it as your opinion. But look at some of the facts in Trayvons favor...I personally think that GZ has some obstacles to overcome...some big ones. Lets spend the energy getting to the bottom of those. You can help. Just want to get to the truth...I honestly dont see color and think its quite childish and unhuman to be honest with you....color of skin? who freaking cares. Its a person.

[MENTION=27360]Jackson[/MENTION] I can't find the original post, but I've been listening, [MENTION=43884]SantaFeWay[/MENTION] has and [MENTION=43893]25Caliber[/MENTION] have been listening, don't know who else.

The majority are answering with politically correct answers or what they think they should be saying, some are getting caught with agenda or bias the longer they are questioned, very few have come out and said they believe X. Most of them say they don't have an opinion, one said he didn't and then SNAP! With his Facebook opinion and agenda. I think it's going to be extremely difficult to get any kind of jury that doesn't have any bias and even when they do impossible to tell if someone with an agenda is in the mix. Other than very few exceptions most are lying thru their teeth. I have little faith. I'd have thrown my hands up and done eenie meenie minee moe by now if I had to question them. "I don't really have an opinion" is a gigantic red flag we've heard countless times so far. Maybe the other watchers could chime in here. But that's my take.

I know lots of people who wouldn't give an opinion at this time because they don't know enough about the case. Not everyone are "trial watchers," you know. Nothing wrong with that if it's your hobby, but some people have other hobbies or other things they prefer to spend their time on.

Sometimes we get all embroiled in something and assume everyone else has the same level of interest. They don't.

I'm not actually just a watcher, my phone has been ringing and my life disrupted for a year about this. Believe you me... I wish this trial was a "hobby".

Can we AT LEAST agree to this.....

1. Zimmerman is not the worst person in the world, and often he tried (in his own way) to help guard his neighborhood from crime.

2. Because TM was a young black male and dressed in attaire that leaned toward the "saggy jeans, dark hoody, street" variety..GZ gave him extra attention. I.E, racially profiled him... at least to SOME degree.

3. GZ did not intend to KILL TM, but GZ's stalking nature may have led to fright on behalf of TM... resulting in GZ using excessive force that resulted in an unarmed minor's death.

^^^ Can we agree on these things?

If not, can we agree to pray for wisdom, honesty, and common sense?

LOL

Excellent...now we are getting some where. We can get to the bottom of this. Great points and i will agree with you on all of them even on the partial profile. Good post, king...very fair and reasonable.

hubby wants to know how fast it sets in, if we can make appointment for say... Next Wednesday and when I'll stop talking.

Well you will never stop talking...lol. Hes a good hub. I would hit the emergency room, but if youre going to the doctor...do it monday and tell them what happened they will get you right in...no you arent waiting till Wednesday...Monday at the latest.

1. Zimmerman is not the worst person in the world, and often he tried (in his own way) to help guard his neighborhood from crime.

2. Because TM was a young black male and dressed in attaire that leaned toward the "saggy jeans, dark hoody, street" variety..GZ gave him extra attention. I.E, racially profiled him... at least to SOME degree.

3. GZ did not intend to KILL TM, but GZ's stalking nature may have led to fright on behalf of TM... resulting in GZ using excessive force that resulted in an unarmed minor's death.

LOL

No. The "hoodie" shit was a comment made by a former reporter and current day political commentator (Geraldo Rivera). His comments do not control whatever Zimmerman was actually thinking that day.

And whatever Zimmerman's motivation may have been, that's quite irrelevant.

What IS relevant is what he did and did not do.

And what Trayvon did and did not do.

Neither can we "agree" that "following" Trayvon is the same thing as "stalking" which is YOUR loaded and inaccurate word choice.

We also cannot "agree" that the force used was excessive. Maybe it was. Then again, maybe it wasn't.

But I'm ok praying that you receive your first dose of wisdom, honesty, and common sense queen.sullied.

Last edited:

LOL

I've said from the get go that you couldn't find a bigger FUBAR'D moment ever than these two poor souls running into each other that night.

Sheesh.

LOL

I've said from the get go that you couldn't find a bigger FUBAR'D moment ever than these two poor souls running into each other that night.

Sheesh.

What did Martin do wrong?

SOME folks imagine that Trayvon might be alive tonight if only Zimmerman had not profiled a black yute in a hoodie.

I wonder though if Trayvon might not be alive tonight if only he had not initiated a physical altercation with Zimmerman for the "offense" of being "followed?"

(By the way, I also don't claim to know that Trayvon DID actually initiate the physical altercation. But it sure looks like a probability to me.)

Cut him some slack...he was just joking.

What are your thoughts about GZ reaching for a "phone" just before he got hit...think someone following and then reaching for something when approached might have had something to do with him being punched?

Im down the middle on this one...but the reaching for a phone when the gun was in the same spot he was reaching says that he will have some explaining to do if the prosecutor presses it.

I can see the good and bad of each side...and that part of Mr Zs story disturbs me. Why would he be reaching for a phone if the cops were on their way...what was a phone call gonna do at that point...yet his gun was right there...isnt it reasonable to assume that he may have been reaching for that yet felt he had to tell the cops he was reaching for a phone? he says he reached for the phone but it must have been the wrong pocket...yeah but he was reaching in the right place for where his gun was holstered.

A neighborhood watch person following a teen packing heat is not a good thing, IMO and if it were my family member Id be pissed.

However, I dont like the race card being pulled by anyone...it has no place in this case...the only people associating "hoodie" with "black" are those defending martin and desperately wanting to make it a race issue to intimidate a potential jury. If we want to get past color, then the same have to get past that type of behavior also...just my take.

I agree with a lot of your posts and I appreciate your research and in depth analysis...its what the forum is all about.

Its hard to get past race when In my opinoin, Zimmerman only looked twice at Martin BECASUE he was black. In my opinion. Everything else happened because of Zimmerman profiling Martin. IN MY OPINION.

I have a question. Did Zimmerman ever call the police on a suspicious white guy there? How many times did he call the police on black people there...?

BTW...you are entitled to your opinion and I do appreciate you stating it as your opinion. But look at some of the facts in Trayvons favor...I personally think that GZ has some obstacles to overcome...some big ones. Lets spend the energy getting to the bottom of those. You can help. Just want to get to the truth...I honestly dont see color and think its quite childish and unhuman to be honest with you....color of skin? who freaking cares. Its a person.

Good, but you are not Zimmerman. He is the one who calls the police on blacks in his area. Whether they did something or not, he profiled. He does see in color.

but good on you though.

LOL

Sheesh.

IF he initiated a physical altercation with Zimmerman because he was offended at having been followed by Zimmerman, that would constitute doing something wrong, you dimwit.

If Trayvon did that, then the real question is "what did Zimmerman do wrong?"

SOME folks imagine that Trayvon might be alive tonight if only Zimmerman had not profiled a black yute in a hoodie.

I wonder though if Trayvon might not be alive tonight if only he had not initiated a physical altercation with Zimmerman for the "offense" of being "followed?"

(By the way, I also don't claim to know that Trayvon DID actually initiate the physical altercation. But it sure looks like a probability to me.)

Can you please please oint out where Martin intiated anything. Please. You say this like its fact yet you also say you have no fucking idea. Dishonest much?

The initiation was Zimmerman getting out of his truck. And the fact that he was armed. Perhaps that is why he thought he could win the fight. In the big picture, I guess he was right.

LOL

Sheesh.

This is a good question. I am curious as to GZs comment of "they always get away"...well Mr Z what was Martin getting away from? Its not like GZ witnessed him breaking into someones house. Get away from what Mr Z? A good prosecutor will make him answer that...and what is Mr Z going to say to that?

Can you please please oint out where Martin intiated anything. Please.

The initiation was Zimmerman getting out of his truck. And the fact that he was armed. Perhaps that is why he thought he could win the fight. In the big picture, I guess he was right.

No.

Again, I wasn't there and neither were you, you dimwit.

But some of the physical evidence suggests that Zimmerman was pounded by Trayvon. No injuries to Zimmerman's knuckles. But at least some scrape(s) to Trayvon's.

No physical injuries (not counting, of course, the gun shot wound that ended the altercation) to Trayvon. But several significant injuries to Zimmerman (nose, back of head).

Plus, there is the prospective testimony of Zimmerman about having been physically accosted by Zimmerman.

Getting out of a truck is NOT initiating anything. Not legally. It's nice convenient spin by idiots, but it is not the slightest bit valid in terms of the law.

The fact that Zimmerman was armed is ALSO entirely irrelevant if Zimmerman had not pulled the gun out prior to being physically accosted by Trayvon.

Yeah. Tryavon made a mistake -- assuming that he took it upon himself to physically accost Zimmerman. It seems like maybe Trayvon guessed, and in the end, he ended up having guessed wrong.

Sheesh.

IF he initiated a physical altercation with Zimmerman because he was offended at having been followed by Zimmerman, that would constitute doing something wrong, you dimwit.

I can answer the what did Zimmerman do wrong.

1) He followed someone suspicious and holstered a gun. You call the police if you witness someone doing something wrong...if the police had come...what would they have done based on the evidence GZ was giving them...Trayvon would have simply said he went to the store and was walking to his dads fiances house. No crime there.

2) When he was approached and asked what the problem was...GZ didnt man up and tell him...GZ was following him because he thought there was a problem, so when asked by that person, why not tell him what the problem is?

3) Instead, when asked, GZ reached for his "phone" and was hit while doing it. How did Trayvon know what he was grabbing for and as it turns out there was no phone there...it was a gun.

4) MR Z was following someone like they had already committed a crime...they always get away? What was trayvon getting away from...what had he done up to that point?

on the other hand...in hindsight...Trayvon could have asked in a less intimidating way and then explained where he was going...or he could have just continued to walk to the house instead of circling back around.

Last edited:

I can answer the what did Zimmerman do wrong.

1) He followed someone suspicious and holstered a gun. You call the police if you witness someone doing something wrong...if the police had come...what would they have done based on the evidence GZ was giving them...Trayvon would have simply said he went to the store and was walking to his dads fiances house. No crime there.

2) When he was approached and asked what the problem was...GZ didnt man up and tell him...GZ was following him because he thought there was a problem, so when asked by that person, why not tell him what the problem is?

3) Instead, when asked, GZ reached for his "phone" and was hit while doing it. How did Trayvon know what he was grabbing for and as it turns out there was no fun there...it was a gun.

4) MR Z was following someone like they had already committed a crime...they always get away? What was trayvon getting away from...what had he done up to that point?

on the other hand...in hindsight...Trayvon could have asked in a less intimidating way and then explained where he was going...or he could have just continued to walk to the house instead of circling back around.

You CAN answer, but your answer is bogus.

Following Trayvon is not "wrong."

You can SAY that Zimmerman "hoisted" a gun, but you have exactly ZERO evidence of that.

Show of hands...

How many people have you seen (or even heard of), that started an altercation with a stranger who was packing a pistol?

Ready, go!

Lots of them do it all the time, Queen.sullied.

Of course, for the most part, those who do so either don't know that the other guy HAS a gun OR the ones confronting an ARMED individual are fucking idiots.

Show me any evidence that Trayvon KNEW that Zimmerman had a gun.

Go.

Now keep those hands in the air... and add to that..

... "started an altercation with a stranger that was packing"...

AND THEY'RE UNARMED...

AND THEY ARE A HIGH SCHOOL, & THE ONE PACKING IS GROWN!

^^^ IN YOUR LIFE....... when have you EVER even HEARD of such a thing?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back