The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin’s Twitter feed reads as a parody of poor grammar and an even more impoverished vocabulary. There, he’s a “No Limit N-gga,” girls he knows are “bitches” and “hoes,” and the primary extracurricular activity he immerses himself in is marijuana. The gold-teeth smile, the tattoos, the ten-day suspension from school, and all the rest appear as pathetic attempts to assert his virility. Yet, as his supporters point out, Trayvon also liked Skittles and Chuck E. Cheese’s.

And the trial by media continues. This headline is on the Huffington Post article tonight:

George Zimmerman Not Guilty: Jury Lets Trayvon Martin Killer Go

Sadly it looks like it won't be over for awhile yet.

its the reason why we are even here discussing it, you'd think they would have learned something......a pox on their house.

I trust our justice system....but I think it's important to remember, Trayvon Martin did not deserve to die either.

Sad situation all around - Zimmerman is going to have to live with killing a person when it could have been avoided had he heeded the police. And Trayvon Martin is still a kid who is dead.

I don't know. I don't think there is any celebration to be had though I think the verdict is fair.

We totally hear you. And it's been said over an over an over again in this thread. This is a tragic event - we have talked about it at length, parent loss, everything, this has been hashed out for pages about the travesty of the event itself.

This was an event that was the catalyst for all of the political and other agendas. We didn't create it. I.... totally defended his mom many times.

Promise, it's not anything other than justice for a witch hunt and it's mainly about about the government.

It's not about the tragedy. We all recognize that.

This is a lose lose..

Other than the gubbamint lose - that's a win.

;-0

Well what did we learn from all this? That if you decide to jump on someone and start beating the crap out of them, you might get shot and killed, and your killer will walk because he was justified shooting your stupid, violent ass.

Score one for justice.

Nancy Grace and Jane Velez-Mitchell on HLN seem to be upset with the verdict. "Shock and Awe", was Jane's words
Shock and awe? Really? I call the verdict sensible and by the book. Perhaps they don't agree. That's why we are a republic and NOT a true Democracy...

All the spiteful, narcissistic and absolutely clueless bloodsucking liberals who wanted an innocent man to be put away for a crime he didn't commit:

EAT CROW AND EAT IT WELL.

Last edited:
Martin’s Twitter feed reads as a parody of poor grammar and an even more impoverished vocabulary. There, he’s a “No Limit N-gga,” girls he knows are “bitches” and “hoes,” and the primary extracurricular activity he immerses himself in is marijuana. The gold-teeth smile, the tattoos, the ten-day suspension from school, and all the rest appear as pathetic attempts to assert his virility. Yet, as his supporters point out, Trayvon also liked Skittles and Chuck E. Cheese’s.

He was a 17 year old kid and like most 17 year olds stuck in the adolescent cool.

What's pathetic is losing sight of the fact that he was just a teen and he's dead and he can't defend himself or grow up. He can't become an adult and people are celebrating that. I doubt Zimmerman is celebrating that. In fact, I suspect that the act has had a far deeper affect on HIM as a person than on any of his "supporters" who are cheering the death of a boy who has been suitably demonized into a form that makes his death somehow justified.

[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION]

I can't find your original post to respond. yeah - we get it. I get it.

Well what did we learn from all this? That if you decide to jump on someone and start beating the crap out of them, you might get shot and killed, and your killer will walk because he was justified shooting your stupid, violent ass.

Score one for justice.

The verdict didn't resolve the question of who attacked first. It only stated reasonable doubt.

Wow. Interesting case. The prosecution did a terrible job on this one. The judge was way out of line. The defense did what it had to do: Present the jury a reasonable doubt.

Regardless of anyone's beliefs on this, the CRIMINAL act did not begin until the fight began.

It is not illegal to be a racist.
It is not illegal to call cops if you find someone suspicious.
It is not illegal to confront someone and ask them what they are up to.

Then....a fight happened. We'll never know how or why or when it started, but it did. All that matters is "Did Zimmerman fear for his life"? Jury says yes.

But, from a legal standpoint, I wonder why the prosecution never asked "If you were walking home, and a stranger with a gun confronted you and tried to stop you from going home, would YOU 'stand your ground' and fight back intensely?"

Afterall, a stranger with a gun DID confront Trayvon. Did Trayvon "Stand his ground" by responding with violent force?

If YOU were walking home, and a stranger with a gun confronted you, how would YOU respond?

Crazy case.

Well can only assume that given the evidence they made the best decision possible. Now I just hope people stop talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back