The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust our justice system....but I think it's important to remember, Trayvon Martin did not deserve to die either.

Sad situation all around - Zimmerman is going to have to live with killing a person when it could have been avoided had he heeded the police. And Trayvon Martin is still a kid who is dead.

I don't know. I don't think there is any celebration to be had though I think the verdict is fair.

You say sad situation all around but the verdict is fair. Florida always gets it wrong from Casey Anthony to George Zimmerman.

For whatever reasons these archane and obscure laws down there seem to benefit and even protect the killer and not the victim. I can't say the verdict is fair, it's disappointing and more.

Martin’s Twitter feed reads as a parody of poor grammar and an even more impoverished vocabulary. There, he’s a “No Limit N-gga,” girls he knows are “bitches” and “hoes,” and the primary extracurricular activity he immerses himself in is marijuana. The gold-teeth smile, the tattoos, the ten-day suspension from school, and all the rest appear as pathetic attempts to assert his virility. Yet, as his supporters point out, Trayvon also liked Skittles and Chuck E. Cheese’s.

He was a 17 year old kid and like most 17 year olds stuck in the adolescent cool.

What's pathetic is losing sight of the fact that he was just a teen and he's dead and he can't defend himself or grow up. He can't become an adult and people are celebrating that.
I doubt Zimmerman is celebrating that. In fact, I suspect that the act has had a far deeper affect on HIM as a person than on any of his "supporters".

People are NOT celebrating that at all. They are celebrating the fact that an innocent man was vindicated

Last edited:
Several other threads of the same topic weren't sufficient, thank you for posting this one. It's always good to see who has no class. A mans life was just spared while another will soon be forgotten.
I believe justice was carried out and it's a shame that that justice isn't met with the respect it deserves.

If you do not like it then go to another thread.
Of course justice was carried out. If they would have found him guilty justice would have been carried out also. I backed the jury in this, NOT one side over another.
This is not a game as the media made it and I will speak my mind on that if I damn will please. Censors can go to hell as far as I am concerned.
I respect the jury decision. I DO NOT RESPECT what they did to Zimmerman in the media.
I am spoofing THE HYPOCRISY of bringing Zimmerman to trial in the first place.
George Zimmerman will never have a regular life as he will be looking over his shoulder for a bullet. That is the fault of the media and the lack of getting out the real hypocrisy in this case.
So I will use whatever legal means to draw attention to that and if humor is part of that so be it.
You not only have no class but are a know it all. If you do not understand what I am stating here and do not like it then go somewhere else.
Sudden like.

Within a few minutes after the verdict was announced, someone was out shooting a gun down from where I work.

I am only hoping that no one was hurt.

Zimmerman got off because the prosecution could not get around the fact that his story, though unlikely, was possible...therefore reasonable doubt exisited. It was all predictable. Now, everybody go home. There is nothing to see here....

How would anyone know if his story was "unlikely"?

Any story could be used.

What if Zimmerman, frustrated that "these guys always get away", pulled or flashed his gun at Trayvon to get him to stop walking so the police could arrive.

And Trayvon, seeing a stranger with a gun flashing it at him, decided to "Stand his ground" and take the fight to Zimmerman, believing this stranger with a gun was about to do him harm.

We'll never know if THAT story is true, because Trayvon is dead.

This case was impossible to be fair either way. Im 50/50. Can see both side's logic.

I trust our justice system....but I think it's important to remember, Trayvon Martin did not deserve to die either.

Sad situation all around - Zimmerman is going to have to live with killing a person when it could have been avoided had he heeded the police. And Trayvon Martin is still a kid who is dead.

I don't know. I don't think there is any celebration to be had though I think the verdict is fair.

You say sad situation all around but the verdict is fair. Florida always gets it wrong from Casey Anthony to George Zimmerman.

For whatever reasons these archane and obscure laws down there seem to benefit and even protect the killer and not the victim. I can't say the verdict is fair, it's disappointing and more.

It is not 'archane.' It is arcane. And you lost. Get over it. Self defense has NEVER been some obscure, archane (sic) law. Self defense has ALWAYS been considered justifiable homicide!

Well what did we learn from all this? That if you decide to jump on someone and start beating the crap out of them, you might get shot and killed, and your killer will walk because he was justified shooting your stupid, violent ass.

Score one for justice.

The verdict didn't resolve the question of who attacked first. It only stated reasonable doubt.

That's our justice system for you. You don't have to prove your innocence, they have to prove your guilt. I know I know....how outdated is that, huh?

Well what did we learn from all this? That if you decide to jump on someone and start beating the crap out of them, you might get shot and killed, and your killer will walk because he was justified shooting your stupid, violent ass.

Score one for justice.

The verdict didn't resolve the question of who attacked first. It only stated reasonable doubt.
Witnesses testimony established TM attacked GZ, and then the jurors agreed with the testimony. It's over, Martin was at fault for attacking Zimmerman, got himself shot and died. Lesson to be learned here is don't go fucking around thinking you can beat the shit out of whoever you want. You just might wind up dead.

We totally hear you. And it's been said over an over an over again in this thread. This is a tragic event - we have talked about it at length, parent loss, everything, this has been hashed out for pages about the travesty of the event itself.

This was an event that was the catalyst for all of the political and other agendas. We didn't create it. I.... totally defended his mom many times.

Promise, it's not anything other than justice for a witch hunt and it's mainly about about the government.

It's not about the tragedy. We all recognize that.

This is a lose lose..

Other than the gubbamint lose - that's a win.

;-0

Exactly. Everyone loses. Especially a dead kid who can't defend his reputation. I guess I would hope that people would quietly except the verdict - realizing that a young man is still just as dead and another young man will live with that on his conscience.

Ah, it's bad. Can't they leave Trayvon's character alone now? He can't defend himself. It's disgusting and such a waste of two lives.

Score one for justice.

Stupid Hurts !!!

Last edited:
I am amazed and grateful for this verdict. At least in Florida it is still legal to protect yourself.

that is a point that will not be overlooked and why this was an important case.

not the time tonight to get into that.

Simmer down--time to simmer down.

Reason--sure would be great if we became obsessed with that.

civilized discourse--I've heard about it. Would love to experience it more frequently.

This verdict is a no win, it's a lose lose for everyone.

I'm celebrating because it's a win against corrupt government. Not because Trayvon Martin lost his life.

That's it.

Martin’s Twitter feed reads as a parody of poor grammar and an even more impoverished vocabulary. There, he’s a “No Limit N-gga,” girls he knows are “bitches” and “hoes,” and the primary extracurricular activity he immerses himself in is marijuana. The gold-teeth smile, the tattoos, the ten-day suspension from school, and all the rest appear as pathetic attempts to assert his virility. Yet, as his supporters point out, Trayvon also liked Skittles and Chuck E. Cheese’s.

He was a 17 year old kid and like most 17 year olds stuck in the adolescent cool.

What's pathetic is losing sight of the fact that he was just a teen and he's dead and he can't defend himself or grow up. He can't become an adult and people are celebrating that. I doubt Zimmerman is celebrating that. In fact, I suspect that the act has had a far deeper affect on HIM as a person than on any of his "supporters" who are cheering the death of a boy who has been suitably demonized into a form that makes his death somehow justified.

Not cheering the death...cheering the verdict.

I think everyone, including Zimmerman, wish this never happened...

Want to find someone to blame?

Blame the CRIMINALS terrorizing Twin Lakes that set the stage for this shooting.

Last edited:

Score one for justice.

That's our justice system for you. You don't have to prove your innocence, they have to prove your guilt. I know I know....how outdated is that, huh?
^This...

Score one for justice.

Witnesses testimony established TM attacked GZ, and then the jurors agreed with the testimony. It's over, Martin was at fault for attacking Zimmerman, got himself shot and died. Lesson to be learned here is don't go fucking around thinking you can beat the shit out of whoever you want. You just might wind up dead.

And with that: This thread will never die.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back