The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There shouldn't have even been a trial. The cops made the right decision not to arrest him in the first place.

I think Zimmerman will be haunted forever by this and I agree with coyote. I think he feels really really bad he had to shoot this guy.

zimmerman said he felt bad about it

he in open court tried to apologize to the parents of martin

They have not nor will they ever allow him to do so. He needs to move on.

AND that buffoon 0bama needs to apologize to Zimmerman.

no the stupid part was for the OP blaming racism...

I assure you GaDawg was probably the LAST person to bring race into this case.

You can thank Sharpton for that little nugget of wisdom
:eusa_shhh:

oh race played a part of it, Given the recent break-ins, but to claim Zimmerman was racist based off what happened would be false.
The racism came from the decision to charge Zimmerman after Sharpton and his minions made a stink and Obama declared if he had a son it would look like Trayvon. Were it not for that Zimmerman would have been a free man that very night.

Watch Zimmerman file a lawsuit for slander against the media now. Since them editing his 911 tape and portraying him as a racist obviously has affected his public image negatively. He'll probably sue NBC/ABC/CBS and win a few million, relocate to Brazil or Peru or something, change his name, and disappear from the world.

Slander burden of proof is very hard. The plaintiff has to prove that the statements were false. Doctoring the 911 tapes there were no statements.
That is not slander.
Which of those media outlets outright stated "George Zimmerman is a racist"?

I trust our justice system....but I think it's important to remember, Trayvon Martin did not deserve to die either.

Sad situation all around - Zimmerman is going to have to live with killing a person when it could have been avoided had he heeded the police. And Trayvon Martin is still a kid who is dead.

I don't know. I don't think there is any celebration to be had though I think the verdict is fair.

You say sad situation all around but the verdict is fair. Florida always gets it wrong from Casey Anthony to George Zimmerman.

For whatever reasons these archane and obscure laws down there seem to benefit and even protect the killer and not the victim. I can't say the verdict is fair, it's disappointing and more.

Pos Rep for Sarah G!!

Can't agree. The militants wanted a trial. The militants got their trial. The militants lost. The militants need to go home and shut up. Including Sarass.

Yes, I would be.

That doesn't constitute self defense, though.

If he shot the kid in anger, that's manslaughter.

Well then, we all know how you would react if someone killed you with one punch. You would be dead.

Fairly unlikely, I have a pretty hard head. I can take a punch pretty well.

But that isn't the point here.

The point here is, if Zimmerman shot Trayvon because he was angry, that's manslaughter.

And that kind of sounds like where the jury is leaning.
An angry man is shouting HELP ME HELP ME eh ? Ummm that don't make sense does it ? Sounds more like a scared and/or frieghtened man to me, now who was it that was screaming for help again or was on the bottom taking a whoopin ?

Nancy Grace and Jane Velez-Mitchell on HLN seem to be upset with the verdict. "Shock and Awe", was Jane's words
Shock and awe? Really? I call the verdict sensible and by the book. Perhaps they don't agree. That's why we are a republic and NOT a true Democracy...

All the spiteful, narcissistic and absolutely clueless bloodsucking liberals who wanted an innocent man to be put away for a crime he didn't commit:

EAT CROW AND EAT IT WELL.
And have FUN passing those feathers in the nearest commode. No prep H for them!

BEER for STAMINA!!!

Go take out the rest of liars and shysters and make America balanced and fair once again.

Sharpton and Jackson are a couple of old used up race baiters. That is all they have. They are truly disgusting. I have seen where they are not really revrunds. I shall have to document that but as far as I am concerned, they are completely irrelevant.

Despicable!

speaking of those who will soon be looking for work.

'Come Together, Right Now'--the Beatles.

I am amazed and grateful for this verdict. At least in Florida it is still legal to protect yourself.

that is a point that will not be overlooked and why this was an important case.

not the time tonight to get into that.

Simmer down--time to simmer down.

Reason--sure would be great if we became obsessed with that.

civilized discourse--I've heard about it. Would love to experience it more frequently.

Don't start with the threats, already.

Wow. Interesting case. The prosecution did a terrible job on this one. The judge was way out of line. The defense did what it had to do: Present the jury a reasonable doubt.

Regardless of anyone's beliefs on this, the CRIMINAL act did not begin until the fight began.

It is not illegal to be a racist.
It is not illegal to call cops if you find someone suspicious.
It is not illegal to confront someone and ask them what they are up to.

Then....a fight happened. We'll never know how or why or when it started, but it did. All that matters is "Did Zimmerman fear for his life"? Jury says yes.

But, from a legal standpoint, I wonder why the prosecution never asked "If you were walking home, and a stranger with a gun confronted you and tried to stop you from going home, would YOU 'stand your ground' and fight back intensely?"

Afterall, a stranger with a gun DID confront Trayvon. Did Trayvon "Stand his ground" by responding with violent force?

If YOU were walking home, and a stranger with a gun confronted you, how would YOU respond?

Crazy case.

Except Zimmerman did not confront anyone nor did he try to stop anyone.

The misnformation in this case continues.

I trust our justice system....but I think it's important to remember, Trayvon Martin did not deserve to die either.

Sad situation all around - Zimmerman is going to have to live with killing a person when it could have been avoided had he heeded the police. And Trayvon Martin is still a kid who is dead.

I don't know. I don't think there is any celebration to be had though I think the verdict is fair.

You say sad situation all around but the verdict is fair. Florida always gets it wrong from Casey Anthony to George Zimmerman.

For whatever reasons these archane and obscure laws down there seem to benefit and even protect the killer and not the victim. I can't say the verdict is fair, it's disappointing and more.

I think it's fair because I think it was self defense. I think Zimmerman acted wrongly - very wrongly - in disregarding the police dispatcher. I think his vigilantism spooked Martin - what young BLACK teen wouldn't be spooked by a white man following him and contronting him? The fact is - Zimmerman could have totally prevented it on many occassions leading up to the final confrontation. His crime is stupidity and arrogance and that is not illegal.

I think Zimmerman's life will be forever damaged and that is punishment enough. It would be nice if he did something with the gift of innocence he was given to try and change his part of the world for the better. And it is a gift - he DID kill a man. And he COULD have avoided it. Don't you have a moral obligation to avoid killing if you can?

What is most upsetting is the general tearing down of Martin's character when he can't defend himself. He was just 17 and most 17 year olds are full of bravado and testosterone. That doesn't mean they deserve to die or have their character shredded. Zimmerman is alive. He can defend himself. He can now try to repair his life. It won't be easy for him, I do think he was profoundly effected by what he did and I pity him.

And the trial by media continues. This headline is on the Huffington Post article tonight:

George Zimmerman Not Guilty: Jury Lets Trayvon Martin Killer Go

Sadly it looks like it won't be over for awhile yet.

its the reason why we are even here discussing it, you'd think they would have learned something......a pox on their house.

Well he did kill him. Nobody has to tiptoe around that.

Nobody tiptoed around that fact.

Well what did we learn from all this? That if you decide to jump on someone and start beating the crap out of them, you might get shot and killed, and your killer will walk because he was justified shooting your stupid, violent ass.

Score one for justice.

The verdict didn't resolve the question of who attacked first. It only stated reasonable doubt.

That's our justice system for you. You don't have to prove your innocence, they have to prove your guilt. I know I know....how outdated is that, huh?

That wasn't what my answer to the response meant obviously.

I assure you GaDawg was probably the LAST person to bring race into this case.

You can thank Sharpton for that little nugget of wisdom
:eusa_shhh:

oh race played a part of it, Given the recent break-ins, but to claim Zimmerman was racist based off what happened would be false.
The racism came from the decision to charge Zimmerman after Sharpton and his minions made a stink and Obama declared if he had a son it would look like Trayvon. Were it not for that Zimmerman would have been a free man that very night.

And there will be another George Zimmerman and the same chant of "He is a racist and we need to convict him as that will end racism".
Racism will end with a conviction of a white dude that killed a black dude is how they see it.
And that is how I titled the thread and they took it down.

I think Zimmerman will be haunted forever by this and I agree with coyote. I think he feels really really bad he had to shoot this guy.

zimmerman said he felt bad about it

he in open court tried to apologize to the parents of martin

I got the impression - from his behavior early on that this profoundly profoundly affected him.

I think we should have a moment of silence for Trayvon Martin.

Wow. Did he have any idea he would cause so much ruckus? I wish you had a better and more of a life and it hadn't have ended so tragically. I wish your life hadn't been cut so short. Your life is a sad story since, wasn't, until it was in the formative years.

As a parent, my heart bleeds for the coulda and shoulda's

Parents - hold it together for your kids.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back