The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what did we learn from all this? That if you decide to jump on someone and start beating the crap out of them, you might get shot and killed, and your killer will walk because he was justified shooting your stupid, violent ass.

Score one for justice.

The verdict didn't resolve the question of who attacked first. It only stated reasonable doubt.
Witnesses testimony established TM attacked GZ, and then the jurors agreed with the testimony. It's over, Martin was at fault for attacking Zimmerman, got himself shot and died. Lesson to be learned here is don't go fucking around thinking you can beat the shit out of whoever you want. You just might wind up dead.

We don't know exactly WHAT the jury agreed with and never will for sure.

There's only one last question in my mind...

Will Fancy Grapes have the balls to have Frank Taffe on her show on Monday?? :dunno:

I think we should have a moment of silence for TM who tragically lost his life in all this catalyst, government shit.

Wow. Did he have any idea he would cause so much ruckus?

Good for you Trayvon Benjamin Martin.

I wish you had a better and more of a life.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I think we should have a moment of silence for TM who tragically lost his life in all this catalyst, government shit.

Wow. Did he have any idea he would cause so much ruckus?

Good for you Trayvon Benjamin Martin.

I wish you had a better and more of a life.

his life started falling apart in 2010

We totally hear you. And it's been said over an over an over again in this thread. This is a tragic event - we have talked about it at length, parent loss, everything, this has been hashed out for pages about the travesty of the event itself.

This was an event that was the catalyst for all of the political and other agendas. We didn't create it. I.... totally defended his mom many times.

Promise, it's not anything other than justice for a witch hunt and it's mainly about about the government.

It's not about the tragedy. We all recognize that.

This is a lose lose..

Other than the gubbamint lose - that's a win.

;-0

Exactly. Everyone loses. Especially a dead kid who can't defend his reputation. I guess I would hope that people would quietly except the verdict - realizing that a young man is still just as dead and another young man will live with that on his conscience.

Ah, it's bad. Can't they leave Trayvon's character alone now? He can't defend himself. It's disgusting and such a waste of two lives.

He didn't have to mug somebody.

He didn't.

Background music playing behind O'Mara and West's News Conference

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIGQArdu7Qc]Mickey Avalon - My Dick W/ Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

I trust our justice system....but I think it's important to remember, Trayvon Martin did not deserve to die either.

Sad situation all around - Zimmerman is going to have to live with killing a person when it could have been avoided had he heeded the police. And Trayvon Martin is still a kid who is dead.

I don't know. I don't think there is any celebration to be had though I think the verdict is fair.

You say sad situation all around but the verdict is fair. Florida always gets it wrong from Casey Anthony to George Zimmerman.

For whatever reasons these archane and obscure laws down there seem to benefit and even protect the killer and not the victim. I can't say the verdict is fair, it's disappointing and more.

I think it's fair because I think it was self defense. I think Zimmerman acted wrongly - very wrongly - in disregarding the police dispatcher. I think his vigilantism spooked Martin - what young BLACK teen wouldn't be spooked by a white man following him and contronting him? The fact is - Zimmerman could have totally prevented it on many occassions leading up to the final confrontation. His crime is stupidity and arrogance and that is not illegal.

I think Zimmerman's life will be forever damaged and that is punishment enough. It would be nice if he did something with the gift of innocence he was given to try and change his part of the world for the better. And it is a gift - he DID kill a man. And he COULD have avoided it. Don't you have a moral obligation to avoid killing if you can?

What is most upsetting is the general tearing down of Martin's character when he can't defend himself. He was just 17 and most 17 year olds are full of bravado and testosterone. That doesn't mean they deserve to die or have their character shredded. Zimmerman is alive. He can defend himself. He can now try to repair his life. It won't be easy for him, I do think he was profoundly effected by what he did and I pity him.

The shredding of character of either party was disgusting.

With my feeble mind I understood that much. An adversarial system of justice--better than a firing squad but the effects are devastating.

I know if I were George Zimmerman I would live differently. Priorities. Take care of your family first--that can mean many things to different people. Some powerful lessons in life --for me at least.

I'm just glad this is over... Well for us. Zimmerman will never be able to lead a normal life after this. I've invested too much time in this case, damn slow work week!
I will say though if I ever get caught up in a case, I hope O'mara is available! That man is a smooth defense attorney!

I trust our justice system....but I think it's important to remember, Trayvon Martin did not deserve to die either.

Sad situation all around - Zimmerman is going to have to live with killing a person when it could have been avoided had he heeded the police. And Trayvon Martin is still a kid who is dead.

I don't know. I don't think there is any celebration to be had though I think the verdict is fair.

You say sad situation all around but the verdict is fair. Florida always gets it wrong from Casey Anthony to George Zimmerman.

For whatever reasons these archane and obscure laws down there seem to benefit and even protect the killer and not the victim. I can't say the verdict is fair, it's disappointing and more.

Pos Rep for Sarah G!!

We pos rep each other all the time, others in here have as well. I said earlier that I would be disappointed if this verdict came down and I am but nothing to be done now. I just wanted to stop by and see how others are taking it.

Exactly. Everyone loses. Especially a dead kid who can't defend his reputation. I guess I would hope that people would quietly except the verdict - realizing that a young man is still just as dead and another young man will live with that on his conscience.

Ah, it's bad. Can't they leave Trayvon's character alone now? He can't defend himself. It's disgusting and such a waste of two lives.

He didn't have to mug somebody.

He didn't.

That is exactly what he did. That is why this was not guilty. Justifiable homicide = self defense.

There's only one last question in my mind...

Will Fancy Grapes have the balls to have Frank Taffe on her show on Monday?? :dunno:

will he be allowed to finish a sentence?

~~~
I'm lost in the maze.

and to all a goodnight. enjoyed the satirical wit more than you can know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back