The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes if placed into this context I agree, but coming off of the back of her comment about Martin being murdered after the verdict was given of not guilty, I am thinking she was being insightful in her speak, but she couldn't help it, as she is surrounded by an entire group of people who have bitten of this apple in which they are all now chewing on.

Trayvon was not murdered

zimmerman defended himself from a wannabe thug

as callus as that sounds it is the truth

if one wants to understand what events led up to that

fateful night

one should look at the sad life of Trayvon Martin over the past few years

Is it the truth?

Zimmerman instigated the situation.

In the end... Martin feared for his life too and was acting in self defense. Zimmerman acted in self defense.

It was so preventable. Nice to see folks smearing Martin as a "thug". He's dead. Can't defend his reputation.

Was Zimmerman wrong to assume a 17 year old was actually a criminal? Yes.

Did that justify Martin jumping him and beating the crap out of him? No.

You are right, it was preventable. Zimmerman could have stayed in his car, and Martin could have gone to his father's house. Both of them were wrong, and Martin will never learn from his mistake.

When they notice and/or observe some creepy man following them?

Explain the context.

Is this person walking down Wall Street in New york, or walking alone on a lake in Indiana. Or are the in South Chicago?

And can you explain what you mean by creepy? Is he ugly? Does he walk funny? What defines creepy in this instance?

There was one big winner in tonight's verdict, and that was our system of justice. It actually worked the way it is supposed to. The prosecution never proved Zimmerman's guilt, therefore the jury had no choice but to acquit, which they did. Was Zimmerman guilty? Is he guilty? We will never know, and at this point, it doesn't matter. The system worked. Now if it would just work this well in all cases.

Where is Sarah? I expected her to be here gloating over Zimmerman's conviction.

Wait!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wznjAhZ0eWc]Gilda Radner Nevermind - YouTube.flv - YouTube[/ame]

The right believes they should have the right to kill anyone, why? Even innocent people walking through a neighborhood.

I'm proud to live in a place where neighbors watch out for one another.

We CHALLENGE suspicious activity and would never let a gang mentality prevail where we live. Blacks who want their kids SAFE --- want to leave the hood where everyone turns a blind eye and clams up to the police.

If in challenging a suspicious activity like cutting thru backyards and taking detours, or a guy in a pickup truck cruising the neighborhood for hours with no tools or sign on his truck, ----- I get attacked.. I WILL defend myself.. If the perp says "you're gonna die tonight motherfucker" and starts to beat me --- that's all I need to end his life..

You try with a cop --- same result...

That's the story and I'm sticking to it.. So that MY neighborhood doesn't turn into Southside Chicago... That's why folks WANT to live in my neighborhood..

<<Edited because Toddster pointed out SE Chicago is actually in the lake >> Whoops.

Last edited:
The fact that he wasnt originally arrested is because it was clear to police on the scene that this was classic self defense and there was nothing to charge.
Even if zimmerman had been black he would not have been convicted. The facts just werent there.
Nice of you to wish ruin on another man who is innocent.

Was OJ guilty? Serious question. I think he was but he walked. There was a lot of hate towards him after. Remember? Why the double standard, AGAIN.

I think Zimmerman is guilty and yes, I hope his life as he knew it is over for killing an unarmed child. Oj...zimmerman....both found not guilty, both guilty in my eyes.

I only hope they both end up the same, side by side.

There was hate toward OJ after he walked? Really? How many death threats did he get after he walked? Did his family and lawyers get threatened?

OJ was a pariah after his acquittal.

I don't think his life will be too bad after this.
He will be rich after he settles the lawsuit with NBC and whoever else he is able to sue.
He can just leave this country and live peacefully.

With his guns? I would love to see him leave this country. Good luck with your guns Zimmerman. Ccw in Russia perhaps? Lololololol

Yes if placed into this context I agree, but coming off of the back of her comment about Martin being murdered after the verdict was given of not guilty, I am thinking she was being insightful in her speak, but she couldn't help it, as she is surrounded by an entire group of people who have bitten of this apple in which they are all now chewing on.

Trayvon was not murdered

fateful night

Is it the truth?

In the end... Martin feared for his life too and was acting in self defense. Zimmerman acted in self defense.

It was so preventable. Nice to see folks smearing Martin as a "thug". He's dead. Can't defend his reputation.
Well Zimmerman has been smeared as a white racist, so what's the difference really ?

Trayvon was not murdered

fateful night

Is it the truth?

You are right, it was preventable. Zimmerman could have stayed in his car, and Martin could have gone to his father's house. Both of them were wrong, and Martin will never learn from his mistake.

You left out what occurred between statement one and statement two.

Zimmerman essentially stalked Martin. A 17 yr old black youth being stalked by an unknown adult white man in a racially uneasy area.

Should he have jumped Zimmerman? No.

Was he afraid for his life? Quite possibly.

He made a bad decision in how to defend himself. Apparently.

Should he be blamed for that? No.

But he is. He is labeled a "thug".

Trayvon was not murdered

fateful night

Is it the truth?

Well Zimmerman has been smeared as a white racist, so what's the difference really ?

No difference. The attempt at smearing Zimmerman as a racist was absolutely wrong.

Does that justify smearing a kid who is dead and can't defend his reputation like Zimmerman can? At least Zimmerman has that option.

Trayvon was not murdered

fateful night

Is it the truth?

And hopefully Zimmerman will..

Do you believe that if you're attacked you have the right to defend yourself? Let's say someone is bashing your head into the ground does that give you a right to use "deadly" force(gun, knife, etc) in order to save your own life.

It depends. Let's say you're a punk stalking someone else and he or she gets pissed and kicks your ass. Do you have the right to kill them?

Nope, I think not. Cry, scream, whine, apologize, but don't kill them. If you do you're going to hell no matter what a jury decides.

In civilized parts of town -- neighbors don't stalk... THey follow til they understand what they are seeing is normal.. Trayvon could have asked why he was being followed. No scuffle would have occurred. He was using rules from a different world.

IF by the odd chance I DO get genuinely stalked in a civilized part of town --- I got a phone, I got a reason to be where I am, --- last thing I'm gonna do --- by civilized rules is to go kung fu on anyone's ass til there is a threat..

Who threw the first THREAT?? We don't know.

It's time we all started using the same rules that prevent disasters like this from happening.

Is it the truth?

And hopefully Zimmerman will..

I think he will...I think he was seriously upset by what he did. His life will never be the same. But at least he will have a life and be able to change it.

Is it the truth?

You left out what occurred between statement one and statement two.

Zimmerman essentially stalked Martin. A 17 yr old black youth being stalked by an unknown adult white man in a racially uneasy area.

Should he have jumped Zimmerman? No.

Was he afraid for his life? Quite possibly.

He made a bad decision in how to defend himself. Apparently.

Should he be blamed for that? No.

But he is. He is labeled a "thug".
Is there evidence to suggest that he was a thug or wannabe thug ? If so then do people have it right when labeling like they do, be it by both sides like they were both doing on these two people caught in a whirlwind together ? I mean Zimmerman was labeled a white racist, when there is evidence that he tutored black children, and even defended blacks in a situation or something like that.

Is it the truth?

No difference. The attempt at smearing Zimmerman as a racist was absolutely wrong.

Does that justify smearing a kid who is dead and can't defend his reputation like Zimmerman can? At least Zimmerman has that option.
Well someone can also speak up for Trayvon, if lies are being wielded against him also. Does he not have his family to speak up for him ?

They should talk to them or run from them.
Attacking them is not legal.
Interesting...

They should EXPECT to see private security, neighborhood watch, and just GOOD NEIGHBORS tracking activity in civilized neighborhoods.. So with a RIGHT to be there, a cell phone in your hand, and MINUTES from your destination --- I'd feel OK to just carry on with my happy plan.

OR call 911 which already is AWARE OF THE "creepy person".. And could have ended this thing in seconds by TELLING YOU who was following you..

OR ask why you are being followed..

Remember Marc -- He had every right to be there. Maybe stupid to be cutting thru backyards at nights, but I don't live there so I don't know.. So he should have felt comfortable enough to ATTEMPT to end this peacefully.

What I DO KNOW is neighborhoods like that run under different rules and assumptions than S.E. Chicago. And goin all physical on someone's ass is not a good way to communicate...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back