The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zimmerman was stalking Trayvon.

Pretty scary.

You do understand that the definition of stalking requires that the following and harassing continue over a period of time that is a lot longer than one night, don't you?

Did Zimmerman follow Martin? Yes.

Did Zimmerman harass Martin? Possibly, though the evidence I have seen doesn't really support that contention I am willing to admit that Martin could have viewed it that way under the circumstances.

Did Zimmerman stalk Martin. No, he did not. If the prosecution had any evidence that Zimmerman had seen Martin before that night they could have used it to make the case that Zimmerman was deliberately targeting Martin, and used it to bolster their case for murder.
I assume they mean stalking as a cat stalks its prey.... They are still full of shit but that what I understand they mean.

Even cats don't stalk each other and Trayvon was not prey. I don't go outside expecting to be regarded as prey. Mind your business and don't call the police for every little detail you see out of place.

There's soooo many whining Z threads popping up I can't keep up.

Speaking of whining... where'd Sarah disappear to?

Last edited:
Nope.

They should legally arm themselves in ALL the states, both northern and southern.

But the threshold in most states is 21 for CCW.

It is usually illegal for any minor to own a firearm, generally.

Not here.

We are happy with our gun laws.

You guys have different laws.

I think black folks should take advantage of them.

While the courts may not provide the same sort of protection for them if the off a white guy that they think means them harm.

Prison is better then dead.

And if it's legal? You still have a shot.:eek:

If a Hispanic guy is beating the crap out of a black guy they should get to shoot them all day long. Same if its a white, asian, whatever. I don't see the problem.

Ah, but if the black guy, in the course of defending himself, gets the upper hand, it's okay for the Hispanic guy, who stated the whole thing...to shoot the black guy dead?

Last edited:
Wow, I guess if a woman is walking in a neighborhood and some guy decides to rape her, she'd better just let him. Because if she fights him, he can shoot her dead and get away with it, because he's said to be "defending himself."

What a crock of bullshit.

Do you believe that George Zimmerman committed a crime and should have been convicted of a crime?

He angrily and aggressively followed a young man because he falsely believed he was a criminal.

He then questioned the young man about why he was there, as if he was law enforcement.

Finally, he shot the young man dead after they got into a scuffle.

His final action may have been to defend himself, but should he have still been found guilty of a crime by aggressively and angrily following this innocent young man in the first place, thereby starting the whole incident?

I believe that he unneededly started the whole incident, that led to the death of someone who was simply walking home. When your aggressive and angry attitude starts an event that leads to a death, you should be convicted of a crime.

He angrily and aggressively followed a young man

It's not a crime to follow someone, even if they're black.

When your aggressive and angry attitude starts an event that leads to a death, you should be convicted of a crime.

They can't convict Trayvon for this, he's dead.

Funny how everyone is so upset about a Hispanic shooting a black man but nobody cares about Aaron Hernandez shooting and killing a brother in cold-blood.

I made this clear when it happened, but it seems nobody cared then either.

BECAUSE HE WAS ARRESTED AND CHARGED AS SOON AS IT WAS KNOWN THAT HE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
Fucking duh!

If Martin had a gun he could have defended himself against Zimmerman, and be alive today.

He'd be in prison is where he'd be. They would have had the trial long ago, tried him as an adult and convicted him of murder. But, yes, he'd be alive. Although...they probably would have gone for the death penalty to teach these "fucking coons" a lesson about obedience.

Do you believe that George Zimmerman committed a crime and should have been convicted of a crime?

He angrily and aggressively followed a young man because he falsely believed he was a criminal.

He then questioned the young man about why he was there, as if he was law enforcement.

Finally, he shot the young man dead after they got into a scuffle.

His final action may have been to defend himself, but should he have still been found guilty of a crime by aggressively and angrily following this innocent young man in the first place, thereby starting the whole incident?

I believe that he unneededly started the whole incident, that led to the death of someone who was simply walking home. When your aggressive and angry attitude starts an event that leads to a death, you should be convicted of a crime.

He angrily and aggressively followed a young man

It's not a crime to follow someone, even if they're black.

When your aggressive and angry attitude starts an event that leads to a death, you should be convicted of a crime.

They can't convict Trayvon for this, he's dead.

he should have been found guilty of negligent homicide.

You do understand that the definition of stalking requires that the following and harassing continue over a period of time that is a lot longer than one night, don't you?

Did Zimmerman follow Martin? Yes.

Did Zimmerman harass Martin? Possibly, though the evidence I have seen doesn't really support that contention I am willing to admit that Martin could have viewed it that way under the circumstances.

Did Zimmerman stalk Martin. No, he did not. If the prosecution had any evidence that Zimmerman had seen Martin before that night they could have used it to make the case that Zimmerman was deliberately targeting Martin, and used it to bolster their case for murder.
I assume they mean stalking as a cat stalks its prey.... They are still full of shit but that what I understand they mean.

Even cats don't stalk each other and Trayvon was not prey. I don't go outside expecting to be regarded as prey. Mind your business and don't call the police for every little detail you see out of place.

You want to blame someone for his death????? Blame his parents for not teaching him to attack strangers.

Is Zimmerman's brother an attorney?

I think not. I think he has proved himself quite capable of putting the arrogant Piers in his place.

Piers Morgan is part of the concerted effort by the media to keep racism and divisiveness concerning this case in the limelight. It makes for provocative news and more eager advertisers. It is akin to tabloid journalism.

Piers Morgan got himself fired from his tabloid journalist position in the UK for fabricating stories and calling them news. Now he has brought his snooty Brit-tish accent to American television and continues to broadcast speculations and his own biased opinion...and he actually thinks he is brilliant.

Robert Zimmerman put him down quite well....but it doesn't take a lawyer to do that.

Tha's right. Not even a US citizen, but thinks he is qualified to tell US citizens what to think. Screw the little ignorant limey.

What does Piers Morgan "tell you" to think?

Do you have any examples or are you just talking out of yer ass?

Does he ever leave it? I've never seen anything else from him.

Another in the Greek Chorus chimes in.

You folks should read the Allegory of the Cave.

Because it really is appropriate to modern conservatism.

so, you're down to repeating something you overheard from educated folks on the subway?

try the thread you started; 72 shootings, 1 Red city, 1 long weekend...whats the matter? to tough for you Playdoe?

So ya got nuttin' eh?

Just as I suspected, Nero.

see above Playdoe, second time its been posted.......

Funny how everyone is so upset about a Hispanic shooting a black man but nobody cares about Aaron Hernandez shooting and killing a brother in cold-blood.

I made this clear when it happened, but it seems nobody cared then either.

BECAUSE HE WAS ARRESTED AND CHARGED AS SOON AS IT WAS KNOWN THAT HE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
Fucking duh!

Wrong as usual, you dim bulb.

The police declined to press charges. It was only after the MSM, Sharpton, and Obama lodged the White Man charge, that the real lynching began.

February 26, 2012 - George Zimmerman Shoots and Kills Trayvon Martin

Zimmerman claims self-defense. After an investigation, the police agree and decide not to press charges.

March 8, 2012 - The AP Falsely Describes Zimmerman as "White"

The story of the grieving parents of Trayvon Martin demanding Zimmerman be arrested first achieves national attention on March 8 when CBS This Morning runs a report.

Later that same day, the Associated Press throws the first log on the racial fire by inaccurately describing Zimmerman as white.

March 13, 2012 - NBC's Al Sharpton Uses MSNBC Platform to Stoke Phony Racial Narrative

Breitbart editor-in-chief Joel Pollak:

Sharpton devoted a portion of his program on MSNBC, PoliticsNation, to the Trayvon Martin case. He interviewed Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump, who reiterated the accusation that Zimmerman was “white”: “We think Trayvon Martin didn’t know who the heck this white man was who approached him before he got killed.”

Earlier that same day, Sharpton's National Action Network released a statement calling for...

...a “complete and thorough investigation” into Martin’s death. He added: “[W]e are told that racial language was used when the young man reported his suspicions to police[.]”

The story about Zimmerman's use of racial language was false.

March 13, 2012 - ABC News Reporter Claims Trayvon Shot Because "He Was Black"

About ten days before Al Sharpton and President Obama would launch the Zimmerman story into the stratosphere, Matt Gutman, an ABC News correspondent based in Miami, Florida, was already (and without a shred of evidence) laying the track for a racial narrative.

Gutman covered the case for the network, and his Twitter feed at the time was full of falsehoods, innuendo, and irresponsible speculation. In one tweet, Gutman came right out and claimed Trayvon was shot "bc [because] he was black."

Gutman would also recklessly accuse Zimmerman of "stalking" and shooting down Trayvon. ...

Guilty Until Proven Innocent: How the Press Prosecuted Zimmerman While Stoking Racial Tensions

And then there's the aspect of how Trayvon's dad mobilized resources to attack Zimmerman:

It begins with Tracy Martin reaching out on February 28th to his sister-in-law attorney Patricia Jones, she in turn contacted Benjamin Crump from Parks and Crump law firm in Tallahassee. Crump contacted Tracy Martin February 29th and took the case March 1st.

Chasing that initial “contact angle” takes you into another insane web of interwoven associations. So I’m skipping it, but you can READ IT HERE.

Crump then contacted Orlando Attorney Natalie Jackson to begin the process of formulating the offensive strategy. Natalie Jackson is a Seminole County NAACP board member and serves as a member of the Legal Redress Committee. In addition Natalie Jackson’s mom, Francis Oliver, is a major activist and historian within the NAACP.

Natalie Jackson and Benjamin Crump hire Media Communications expert Ryan Julison, who Jackson had previously worked with on the Sanford Sherman Ware case where they were able to extort leverage financial restitution from the son of a former Sanford Police Lieutenant; the son’s name is Justin Collison, and he was charged with beating Sherman Ware. In addition to money paid to Sherman Ware, Collison, the grandson of a very wealthy former federal judge, also paid off the NAACP. Ryan Julison ran the media campaign to support Ware.

While Julison went about pitching the racist white George Zimmerman murdering the innocent Trayvon Martin to the media, which he did very effectively, Benjamin Crump got in touch with his former cohorts from the Martin Lee Anderson case; namely Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and National NAACP President Ben Jealous....

The Last Refuge | Rag Tag Bunch of Conservative Misfits ? Contact Info: [email protected]

You want to blame someone for his death????? Blame his parents for not teaching him to attack strangers.

How do you know who started the altercation between the two men?

What evidence do you have?

I didn't know that that aspect had been proven.

Do you actually have any real answers, or are you just one of those people on here who shoots their mouth off without being able to back any of it up? Cause there's a lot of that around here.

He was overcharged.

But it also seems the standard for self defense in Florida is incredibly low.

One just has to "feel" like one is in danger.

That's pretty dangerous.

Hope the law gets challenged.

Why does everyone overlook the fact that Martin "felt" like HE was in danger? Even the prosecution seemed disinclined to make that a point during the trial. If Martin had a gun he would have been justified in shooting GZ. When Martin began to feel something out of the ordinary with GZ wasn't he covered at that moment by the Fla. SYG? And when he used his fists because he had no gun, was he still not covered by the SYG law? And even if he did bump GZ's head on concrete was he still not operating under the SYG law? When did the tenets of the law shift from TM to GZ? ALl the things TM did to GZ were covered by SYG... ALl of those blows were condoned under SYG and, in effect, were as crucial to SYG as if TM had shot GZ.

Now, some of the right wing Martin haters will say GZ did nothing wrong. I have to differ.
What made GZ think that Martin was suspicious? Was it because Martin was black and wasn't wearing a business suit? The truth? GZ profiled Martin and then followed him in his truck, drove past him and parked ahead of him partially blocking the sidewalk. That kind of behavior was provocative and threatening to say the least. Martin ran past Gz's parked vehicle and being new to the area, missed the path that led to his front door. Meanwhile GZ was ignoring the dispatcher's warnings not to pursue TM but lost him and later was allegedly heading back to his truck when he encountered Martin. By now, Martin had already been covered by SYG but he was too polite. He asked CZ what his problem was and was rebuffed with ' "I don't have a problem." In a darkened area with rain falling and no duty to run, there is no way to know what exactly happened but for any number of reasons Martin proceeded to the next step under SYG and went on the offensive. Too bad he did not have a gun.

The danger in the law stems from the lack of recognition of its protection for people like TM even by the prosecutors who were supposed to be seeking justice for him!

If Martin had a gun he would have been justified in shooting GZ.

Prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back