The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And your contention that he was 3 houses away from the condo is directly repudiated by Rachel Jenteal's testimony. When she was asked why she didn't call the Police if she thought Trayvon was in some kind of trouble with the "Cracker"...she replied that she didn't think it was necessary because Trayvon's dad was right there at the condo to help Trayvon if he needed it. If he's 3 buildings away then it's obvious that he's not close enough to home to get that help.

Really? Got a link to prove your bullshit?

And...............if you'd seen the graphics which showed where Trayvon was shot, as well as where his house was, you might have a bit of a different opinion.

Like I said.................I watched the trial, it's apparent that you didn't.

She sounds racist to me. Her attempts at "rationalizing" her acquittal of Zimmerman seem to have backfired from what I've seen and heard. I heard she cancelled her book deal. I believe she had an "agenda" from the very beginning - including during jury selection. Her husband is an attorney, and I believe she really WANTED on that jury. I believe her mind was made up BEFORE the trial. Plus, 4 of the other jurors have said she doesn't speak for them.

Also, I'd really like to know if she LIED during jury selection.

Agreed. I think she probably did lie during jury selection. The trial verdict is in question because of her, as far as I'm concerned. She should be investigated for jury misconduct.

Yep. I'm also wondering if she's feeling a little stupid after her Anderson Cooper interview.

Actually, he was several houses (meaning at least 3) away from his house before he was confronted.

Zimmerman followed and tracked Martin, which is why he should be sent to jail for murder.

Another person who didn't follow the testimony in the trial! What's with you guys?

Martin runs from Zimmerman and in doing so cuts off his phone call with Rachel Jenteal. When she calls back over a minute later she testifies that he is breathing hard. The distance from the T area to the condo where he is staying is about 120 yards. Rachel Jenteal testifies that Trayvon said he was right by the condo which it's hard to picture him being anywhere else if he's still breathing hard after running for sixty seconds. Meantime Zimmerman is on the phone with the Police, telling them that he's no longer able to see the man who fled. He's walking back to his SUV.

So explain to me how it is that Zimmerman is guilty of "tracking" Trayvon Martin when it's Martin who HAD to have walked BACK up the sidewalk to the T area...a full 120 yards...and appears out of the darkness with his "You got a problem?" challenge? How does that WORK in your scenario, Sailor?

Zimmerman tracked Trayvon after he left his car.

He was told "we don't need you to do that" by the 911 operator when he said he was going to follow him.

How's that work out for you?

Zimmerman "attempted" to follow at a distance. Never once did he confront Martin, even when Martin circled back to walk around Zimmerman's SUV. When the 9/11 operator told Zimmerman "We don't need you to do that."...what was Zimmerman's response? He said "OK".

So kindly explain how Martin's decision to return over a hundred yards...AWAY FROM THE SAFETY OF THE CONDO...after referring to someone in a racially derisive manner wasn't HIM confronting George Zimmerman?

And your contention that he was 3 houses away from the condo is directly repudiated by Rachel Jenteal's testimony. When she was asked why she didn't call the Police if she thought Trayvon was in some kind of trouble with the "Cracker"...she replied that she didn't think it was necessary because Trayvon's dad was right there at the condo to help Trayvon if he needed it. If he's 3 buildings away then it's obvious that he's not close enough to home to get that help.

Really? Got a link to prove your bullshit?

And...............if you'd seen the graphics which showed where Trayvon was shot, as well as where his house was, you might have a bit of a different opinion.

Like I said.................I watched the trial, it's apparent that you didn't.

It's actually obvious that you DIDN'T watch the trial, Sailor because you're so wrong on so many of the facets of the case.

Another person who didn't follow the testimony in the trial! What's with you guys?

Martin runs from Zimmerman and in doing so cuts off his phone call with Rachel Jenteal. When she calls back over a minute later she testifies that he is breathing hard. The distance from the T area to the condo where he is staying is about 120 yards. Rachel Jenteal testifies that Trayvon said he was right by the condo which it's hard to picture him being anywhere else if he's still breathing hard after running for sixty seconds. Meantime Zimmerman is on the phone with the Police, telling them that he's no longer able to see the man who fled. He's walking back to his SUV.

So explain to me how it is that Zimmerman is guilty of "tracking" Trayvon Martin when it's Martin who HAD to have walked BACK up the sidewalk to the T area...a full 120 yards...and appears out of the darkness with his "You got a problem?" challenge? How does that WORK in your scenario, Sailor?

He was told "we don't need you to do that" by the 911 operator when he said he was going to follow him.

Zimmerman "attempted" to follow at a distance. Never once did he confront Martin, even when Martin circled back to walk around Zimmerman's SUV. When the 9/11 operator told Zimmerman "We don't need you to do that."...what was Zimmerman's response? He said "OK".

So kindly explain how Martin's decision to return over a hundred yards...AWAY FROM THE SAFETY OF THE CONDO...after referring to someone in a racially derisive manner wasn't HIM confronting George Zimmerman?

If his response was "ok", then why did he continue to follow Trayvon?

Sorry...............but if you tell me that you don't need me to follow someone, and I answer "ok", but continue to do so, that means that I didn't follow the directions that I was given.

Zimmerman continued to follow Trayvon after being told he didn't need to do that.

First of all we're not talking about "houses" here...those are townhouse condos. There are three BUILDINGS that run the entire distance from the T area to where the condo Martin was staying in is located. If he was "3 houses" away as you've stipulated he'd be at the T (which is hard to fathom since he's out of breath after running for a minute).

If his response was "ok", then why did he continue to follow Trayvon?

Sorry...............but if you tell me that you don't need me to follow someone, and I answer "ok", but continue to do so, that means that I didn't follow the directions that I was given.

Zimmerman continued to follow Trayvon after being told he didn't need to do that.

There is ZERO proof that Zimmerman continued to follow Martin after being told not to by the 9/11 operator. He says OK and then he and the dispatcher start discussing where it is that the Police should meet him. He's walking back at this point. Martin is over a hundred yards away, close to the condo. So how does a fight take place unless Martin walks BACK up the sidewalk to confront Zimmerman?

And as for blaming Zimmerman for getting out of his SUV and "attempting" to follow Martin? When Martin takes off running the dispatcher asked, "He's running? Which way is he running?" At which point Zimmerman gets out of the truck and tries to see. For all of you that put such great import into the dispatcher telling Zimmerman to stop pursuing (which he DID!) you should also give some thought to whether Zimmerman was simply trying to provide the dispatcher the information that they were requesting by getting out of the truck to try and keep Martin in sight.

The idiot rdean actually believes a persons face must reach a predetermined level of damage before they are allowed to defend themselves from street thugs who are assaulting them. This is why the idiot rdean is complete f-in moron.

the idiot rdean actually believes a persons face must reach a predetermined level of damage before they are allowed to defend themselves from street thugs who are assaulting them. This is why the idiot rdean is complete f-in moron.

to defend oneself with a weapon and deadly force it should take more than a bloodied nose..I dont know what sheltered world you live in but in my world there would an awful lot of dead good people if everyone who got in fist fight pulled a gun and shot someone

the idiot rdean actually believes a persons face must reach a predetermined level of damage before they are allowed to defend themselves from street thugs who are assaulting them. This is why the idiot rdean is complete f-in moron.

to defend oneself with a weapon and deadly force it should take more than a bloodied nose..I dont know what sheltered world you live in but in my world there would an awful lot of dead good people if everyone who got in fist fight pulled a gun and shot someone

If I'm packing a gun and someone is smashing my face into concrete would you expect me to ask them nicely to stop, or blow their brains out. Personally, I'd choose the latter. Thanks for proving you are just as stupid as rdean is... I knew you had it in you.

If I'm packing a gun and someone is smashing my face into concrete would you expect me to ask them nicely to stop, or blow their brains out. Personally, I'd choose the latter. Thanks for proving you are just as stupid as rdean is... I knew you had it in you.

now its his face that was smashed into the concrete ??..if you are packing a gun I would expect you not to follow people around at night in the dark and have enough sense to know what that person may fear..I would expect you to do everything in your power to defuse the situation not aggravate it..and I would expect you to fight like a man before resorting to a gun..

now its his face that was smashed into the concrete ??..if you are packing a gun I would expect you not to follow people around at night in the dark and have enough sense to know what that person may fear..I would expect you to do everything in your power to defuse the situation not aggravate it..and I would expect you to fight like a man before resorting to a gun..

Fight like a man? :cuckoo: sorry idiot, but last time I checked assault is still illegal. If you want to live like a caveman that's your choice, the rest of us have the Right to defend ourselves with deadly force if we feel our lives are being threatened by two bit street thugs... It's just the way it is.

Multiple threads about juror B-37 by the usual suspects... I guess the DNC handed out their marching orders. Poor liberals will just have to wait for a school shooting before they can push their gun control agenda again. Boo hoo...

Fight like a man? :cuckoo: sorry idiot, but last time I checked assault is still illegal. If you want to live like a caveman that's your choice, the rest of us have the Right to defend ourselves with deadly force if we feel our lives are being threatened by two bit street thugs... It's just the way it is.

now its two street thugs..lol..I do not want to live as a caveman..just as a man ..instead of as a frightened exaggerating histrionic coward..

This is what George Zimmerman looked like at the scene where his face was "bashed".

george-zimmerman-bloody-nose-052113.jpg

This is what George looked like a few minutes later after cleaning up his face. He is still wearing the same clothes. Notice the back of his head? What would you estimate? Two band aids worth of scratches?

images

This is Rihanna after Christ Brown beat her up:

rihannaphotobeatingzm6.jpg

And here her face has been "cleaned up". Like George.

rihannapostchrisbrown.jpg

How she normally looks:

images

This is what your face looks like after a "pounding":

zombie-transformation-300x235.jpg

Now this is George right after the shooting at the police station. Jacket's not wet so it wasn't cleaned and it may be red, but not "blood red".

george-zimmerman-night-of-shooting-no-blood-on-jacket.jpg

And remember, the gun was behind his back, down his pants, covered by that shirt and jacket. George tells us exactly where it was:

gz_gun_location.jpg

So let's review:

Face pounded:

Diego-Sanchez-face.jpg

George:

ht_george_zimmerman_injuries_ll_120517_wg-500x281.jpg

Laying on gun:

Aldo-v-Hominick-UFC-129_9909.jpg

Face Pounded:

mh.jpg

George right after face pounding and head smashed against cement:

zimmerman-horizontal-mugshot.jpg

Can gullible right wingers possibly understand what the problem is here? How do you educate such people?

I am not an expert on assessing the severity of injuries, so I yield to your greater expertise. However, I believe I am more familiar with laws pertaining to self defense than you might be (actually, I have a JD). The law does not require that someone receive serious injury before using deadly force in self defense. In fact the law does not require that one suffer any injuries at all before using deadly force in self defense. The law requires only a reasonable FEAR of serious bodily injury or death. It is the reasonable FEAR of serious injury that is required, not an actual injury . I will give you an example:

John and Joe are friends. Joe has a friend named Mark that John does not know. Joe wants to play a trick on John and asks Mark to confront John with an unloaded gun and pretend he is going to shoot him. Mark agrees and approaches John accusing him of messing around with his girlfriend. Mark then says, ”Now you die,” and points the gun at John's chest.

At this point John has not been seriously injured, and in reality is in no danger of being seriously injured. However, if John draws his concealed weapon and shoots Mark, killing him, John has a perfect case for self defense. John didn’t know that Mark was joking and didn't know the gun was not loaded; therefore he had a reasonably fear of death or serious bodily injury unless he shot Mark and the use of deadly force is justified. I am aware of more than a few cases where deadly force was allowed when someone was threatened with a toy gun. If a jury determines that a reasonably prudent person would believe the toy gun is real, the defendant is justified in using deadly force.

The only relevant legal question in the Zimmerman case is this: Did George Zimmerman have a reasonable fear of serious bodily injury or death if he did not use deadly force against Trayvon Martin? The jury determined that he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back