Hillary Clinton suggests jailing Americans for posting "misinformation"

If Republicans don't say things that are proveably false, they should have nothing to worry about.

How do you think it is not lying when Democrats misquote Trump and take his comments out of context?

For example, the media reported Trump saying the following in Charlottesville:

They didn’t put themselves — and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides.

He did in fact say that, however, this is the next thing he said which was not reported because it would have ruined the false narrative they so desperately wanted to create.

So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people — and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists — because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group.

Many still believe the false narrative to this day, which in part why there is so much unfounded hatred for Trump. People were lied to by the mainstream media on many occasions. People were duped. Maybe you are one of them.

How do you think it is not lying when Democrats misquote Trump and take his comments out of context?

They didn’t put themselves — and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides.

He did in fact say that, however, this is the next thing he said which was not reported because it would have ruined the false narrative they so desperately wanted to create.

So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people — and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists — because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group.

Many still believe the false narrative to this day, which in part why there is so much unfounded hatred for Trump. People were lied to by the mainstream media on many occasions. People were duped. Maybe you are one of them.
I just have a hard time feeling bad for him given he does it to everyone else.

One was a registered Republican and the other a former Trump voter
So if someone registers as a Democrat and/or votes for a Democrat but then spends all of her activities and support against the Democrat and eventually attempts to assassinate a Democrat, the shooter is a Democrat because they were at one time a registered Democrat or they may have even voted for the the Democrat they are trying to assassinate?

I'm stopped reading your BULLSHIT the moment you defended Donald Trump's past weasel word statements and state he was "misquoted".

Here is Trump's press conference about Charlottesville. The violence in Charlottesville started on Friday night, continued all day Saturday, and ended with death of a young woman on Sunday. Trump didn't mention it until Tuesday.

Trump had to be dragged kicking and screaming in front of the cameras to even mention what happened. And then he walked all of it back when the press called him on his failure to condemn the white supremacists.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
I'm stopped reading your BULLSHIT the moment you defended Donald Trump's past weasel word statements and state he was "misquoted".
Because you can't handle the truth.

Trump: Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group — excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures as you did — you had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name. George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status, are we gonna take down — excuse me — are we gonna take down statues of George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him? Okay good. Are we gonna take down the statue? Cause he was a major slaveowner. Now are we gonna take down his statue? So you know what? It's fine. You're changing history, you're changing culture, and you had people — and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits, and with the helmets, and the baseball bats, you got a lot of bad people in the other group too.

Lie to us some more.

Most challenges to information are not that straightforward.

Trump is a danger to democracy! Is that a lie or an opinion?

Calling election officials and trying to get them to find him votes that don't exist would be a valid example of that.

Criminally? Probably not.

Democrats favor illegal aliens over American citizens! is that a lie or is it an opinion? It all depends on who you ask which is exactly why you cannot have a law that covers that area of conversation or exchange.

It's a vast generalization.

Making it illegal for somebody to say they are the queen of England is utterly ridiculous.

I never said one should be arrested for that, did I?

i used it as en example of a lie.

Something that is demonstratively untrue and harms no one. There are already laws on the books about concealed carry so if you're going to do it you better know what state you're in.

The level of control you are seeking

I stated no level of control of anything. I simply noted that their could be lies that should be prosecuted and have an example.

gives you a way as a control freak like most lefties are. You simply cannot micromanage the free exchange of speech.

There is no blanket rule that will fit all situations and if you don't have enough goddamn common sense to sort them out on your own then you don't belong in the adult world.

It's already against the law to purjure yourself in Court... if you hand somebody some vital information that causes their death and you do it on purpose you can certainly be prosecuted for that.

However passing a law that broad brushes general information as either truthful or untruthful is not only impossible it's on the peak of insanity which is exactly where most left-wing mantra is anyway.

Yep, I condemned Hillarys lie which obviously outs me as left-wing.

Aren't you the one who wants to shut down pro-Palestine demonstrations on Campus because some poor little Jew is upset when he sees that going to class?
You think pro Palestine demonstrations should be allowed on campuses, but you do not think Jared Taylor and Charles Murray should be allowed to speak there.

Lies.

FIrst one donated to Dimwingers. Second one has a Biden/Harris sticker on his vehicle.
What I said was FACT jackass

One was a registered Republicans and the other a former Trump voter

FACT

I don't have a problem with this.

The thing is, the established media, even a shitshow like Fox News, can be held accountable for spreading misinformation. They can be held liable in civil court, they can have the FCC Licenses revoked, etc.

Social Media is largely held immune from this sort of thing, "Why, I had no idea that Naziboi1488 was going to post a racist meme that gets people killed!"

Now, if one of those bomb threats turned out to be real, and someone was hurt because of the FALSE rumors that she spread about eating cats, shouldn't she be held liable?
I find it funny how liberals / lefties always use Fox News as the north star on misinformation while ignoring all the other "shitshow" media like The Young Turks, Rachel Maddow, NBC, CNN, ABC and other media outlets.

Hillary is specifically targeting Americans, and there is already a deterrence, as you've highlighted. This is obviously a broader net as liberals continue to introduce or attempt to introduce exceptions to erode our First Amendment rights (i.e., hate speech).

The two assassins were not Republicans. You are going solely off of voter registration in a weak attempt to distance them from their shared hatred of Trump among Democrats and Liberals.

Show us where they had Republican views and were active in Conservative causes and that they attempted to take out Trump because he was not Conservative enough for them. Better yet, explain their support of ActBlue.

Voter Registtation is important.

So are stated views that they had.

Crooks was a gun nut, a registered Republican; his parent's house was festooned with Trump flags.

Routh vote for Trump in 2016 (after voting for Bernie in the primaries), Tulsi in 2020 (no word on who he voted for in the general, but is sure wasn't Biden), and Viwek and Halley in 2024.

He was another gun nut, soldier of fortune wannabe.

Forum List

Back