The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know....I know...you are a lawyer, a doctor, a psychologist, and a youth developer specializing in gang life....lol...all of them for about 25 years.

Mr Z goooooood.....trayvon...baaaaaaaaad. Right. Z did everything right and trayvon did everything wrong, right? I look elsewhere for objective thinking...its not in your dna. Lata...and READ THIS! :piss2:

Typical 25 year old response. Do allow me to correct your misperceptions.

Actually I am not a lawyer. I have a JD. I am not a doctor. I am a board certified NP. And I am not a psychologist. My Master of Science in Nursing is in psychiatry. See, how far off you are reading into something what you want it to say. So far, that is all you have been doing. Filling in the blanks the way you want them filled. Those blanks are now being filled by witnesses. And I really hate that it upsets you, but I do know more about the law, medicine, and human nature than a lot of people on the earth know. The fact that I survived for 25 years of direct patient care, minus 3 years of teaching, with only one assault by a patient speaks well for my ability to read a situation that involves violence.

Li'l Trayvon is far more usual than most on here want to believe. At least in the world I have spent most of the past 25 years in. His parents both crapped out on his when he needed them the most. And now they HAVE to make their failure someone else's fault.

I do hope by the time you are my age, you will have gained some insight.

IOW you spent a lifetime dealing with psych patients, and you are projecting your experience and anger on everyone on this board and trayvon, while simultaneously ignoring the fact that Zimmerman was reportedly on Temazepam and Adderall at the time of the fight. Correct?

My 'experience and anger?' Jeeze. I am retired with 4 pensions and 3 health insurances. Get real.

Neither of those drugs are antipsychotic drugs, one is a mild sleep preparation, and the other is a mild stimulant that a lot of adults who were diagnosed with ADD as children still have to take, and which other adults who never had the opportunity to get a correct diagnosis as children also take. Neither of them are big time meds.

And no, I didn't spend a 'lifetime dealing with psych patients.' It was my job for 25 of my 65 years. Not my life. I was married, raised children, went to school, learned to oil paint, and various other artistic and intellectual pursuits.

It really seems to bother you that someone can actually have a background in what is being discussed and know what is going on here.

Okay fine....I said I wasn't going to get involved. What a liar I am.
I'm pissed mostly about the fact that NONE of us can get into a good fist fight and expect that that's all it's going to be. You get your ass kicked?? Fine. Lick your wounds and go home. Busted noses....heads......whatever. Why is everyone packing now?? I'm full-on Irish.....I'll fight in a heartbeat. BUT NOW......bring guns to a fist fight.
I watched a little today and the thing that really got my attention was when the assholes from CNN said, MAYBE.....just MAYBE.....Trayvon was the one screaming for help as he was kicking GZ ass.
Please don't get me wrong....I fully understand where this trial is going.....but....what a pussy. GZ was just LAYING for anyone to get into his sights.
BUT according to the law......he could do what he did.

^^ this.. yeah I'm half irish.. agree fist fights are a time honored way to settle disputes :) Bringing a knife fight or gun to a fist fight and killing someone if you are loosing? Ick. However, if it's possible Tray reached for the gun... then maybe GZ really was left with no choice.. maybe..

The policeman who testified said that Zimmerman's coat was short enough that the gun was visible to another party. It almost sounded as if the gun had been in Trayvon's hand at one point. But he was telling what he was told, as he wasn't there to see it himself. Likely they will visit that issue with Zimmerman himself.

I'm just not sure about the extent of the darkness.....they said it was WAY dark. I don't know. No one knows really....and probably never will. All I know is that there's a Mother without a Son. I know what that is.
The main thing....the law allows this killing.
I just can't get over seeing those fucking Skittles. That killed me! This was pretty much over Skittles.
How stupid that seems, as I type it........

Bias? Really! I don't find Zimmerman's version implausible. And FYI, I spent 25 years working where I saw plenty of thugs just like li'l Trayvon. They are professional victims. The world caused their failure. It was mean ole........... You name it. Their drug use, criminal activity, and other antisocial behavior had nothing to do with the mega failures their lives are. NOOOOOOOOOOOsireeeeeeeeee. And now he can't play the victim on his own accord, mamma and daddy are playing it for him. Never mind that he was more a victim of PPP than anything else. (Piss poor parenting.)

After working 25 years in psych, it takes me about 5 minutes to see right through you.

I know....I know...you are a lawyer, a doctor, a psychologist, and a youth developer specializing in gang life....lol...all of them for about 25 years.

Mr Z goooooood.....trayvon...baaaaaaaaad. Right. Z did everything right and trayvon did everything wrong, right? I look elsewhere for objective thinking...its not in your dna. Lata...and READ THIS! :piss2:

Actually I am not a lawyer. I have a JD. I am not a doctor. I am a board certified NP. And I am not a psychologist. My Master of Science in Nursing is in psychiatry. See, how far off you are reading into something what you want it to say. So far, that is all you have been doing. Filling in the blanks the way you want them filled. Those blanks are now being filled by witnesses. And I really hate that it upsets you, but I do know more about the law, medicine, and human nature than a lot of people on the earth know. The fact that I survived for 25 years of direct patient care, minus 3 years of teaching, with only one assault by a patient speaks well for my ability to read a situation that involves violence.

Li'l Trayvon is far more usual than most on here want to believe. At least in the world I have spent most of the past 25 years in. His parents both crapped out on his when he needed them the most. And now they HAVE to make their failure someone else's fault.

I dont know what your expertise is, but I am very leary of those that feel the need to boast of it on a message board.

We get it...you hate Trayvon and you love Mr Z. Your problem solving skills leave a lot to be desired. Mr Z could have dont nothing differently that night to prevent this? You cant think of anything? Nothing? All of this supposed expertise and you have no answers? No suggestions? No insight? None at all? Lol.

Pay attention...I have given the good and bad of both sides along with some things I believe could have been done differently that night. For some odd reason, you take exception to that and feel the need to list your lifetime achievements or certificates to give yourself more credibility than the average "joe".

Your opinion is that Trayvon should have been seen as a gangsta and beyond adult approach from the get go...lmao. Thats profiling in the worst way...why would you assume he is a gangsta? You outed your bias and I dont even think you realize it...some expert...lol.

Last edited:
I'm pissed mostly about the fact that NONE of us can get into a good fist fight and expect that that's all it's going to be. You get your ass kicked?? Fine. Lick your wounds and go home. Busted noses....heads......whatever. Why is everyone packing now?? I'm full-on Irish.....I'll fight in a heartbeat. BUT NOW......bring guns to a fist fight.
I watched a little today and the thing that really got my attention was when the assholes from CNN said, MAYBE.....just MAYBE.....Trayvon was the one screaming for help as he was kicking GZ ass.
Please don't get me wrong....I fully understand where this trial is going.....but....what a pussy. GZ was just LAYING for anyone to get into his sights.

^^ this.. yeah I'm half irish.. agree fist fights are a time honored way to settle disputes :) Bringing a knife fight or gun to a fist fight and killing someone if you are loosing? Ick. However, if it's possible Tray reached for the gun... then maybe GZ really was left with no choice.. maybe..

You are very correct.....it could be. Maybe...
BUT....if someone where trying to get a gun out of their pocket and you were trying to stop them. You definately try to (at the very least) divert the gun from your direction.
This is so bad.

Ayup... it's really odd. But I think we're gonna come down to no one saw the shot fired.

I'm just looking for Snook to back up the claim that Zim followed and confronted Martin after being asked not to do so.

How does it know?

And, is Snookie TM's sock? Just wondering.

Nookie is playing...Devil's Advocate while wearing a kilt sans underwear and lederhose.

Not a TM sock.

Actually, what I saw was an abusive attorney slapping around a 19 year old girl.

Can't see how that goes over well with an all female jury. Especially when the judge told West to lower his voice.

Zimmerman attorney grills RAchel Jeantel in Trayvon Martin case | Washington Times Communities

Someone needs to take the girl over their knee and give her something she has probably never had...a good whoopin'. If I was trays mom, Id be going after her throat the way she has disrespected this court and that it could have an effect on the verdict. Id be pissed at her if I was the Martins.

She is a poorly educated (possibly special needs) young woman who appears to be not very smart (or her intelligence hasn't been developed); she is unsophisticated; she doesn't know how to behave (no one has taught her). That doesn't maker her a liar or a punk or deserve a 'good whooping.' She's a simple, poorly educated young person who has been thrown into a situation of national media attention and criticism she doesn't want. Give her a break.

Good point, and I'm going to go one further. Here you have a poorly educated 19 year old girl who stood up against a college-educated lawyer- and she held her own. The lawyer came off as a bit snarky and even a little mean-spirited.

Why is anyone saying Zimmerman was out looking for a fight or out looking to kill someone?

I don't see how anyone can jump to that conclusion.

If Zimmerman was out looking for a fight or out to kill someone, as soon as he seen Martin, he would have gotten out of the car. Instead, he called the police to report a suspicious person then got out of the car when asked which way Martin was running.

I dont know what your expertise is, but I am very leary of those that feel the need to boast of it on a message board.

We get it...you hate Trayvon and you love Mr Z. Your problem solving skills leave a lot to be desired. Mr Z could have dont nothing differently that night to prevent this? You cant think of anything? Nothing? All of this supposed expertise and you have no answers? No suggestions? No insight? None at all? Lol.

Pay attention...I have given the good and bad of both sides along with some things I believe could have been done differently that night. Not by the rule of the law, but with simple adult like behavior.

Your opinion is that Trayvon should have been seen as a gangsta and beyond adult approach from the get go...lmao. Thats profiling in the worst way...why would you assume he is a gangsta?

Post links to where I have said I 'hate' or 'love' anyone.

Actually, lawyers don't want people who have a background in law or medicine on juries if they can possibly keep them off. Another little ditty from law school. I just got a form to fill out for federal jury duty this year. I am retired and I really don't want to bother. But telling them that would land me on it in a New York minute. So, I told them all about my JD, my BSN, my MSN, and my medication pump that didn't interfere with my job. And made a statement that I am willing to serve. I will never hear from them again. They only want people who don't know anything and have to believe what the experts who get paid to say what they parties want them to say. I didn't live my life to be stupid.

As to boasting. Most people on here tell things about themselves, their jobs, their houses, their cars, their families, etc. So, until and unless you want to apply your negativity to everyone, then you are out of line applying it to me. I'm sorry you don't have any life experience. You are not too old to get some.

Last edited:
My 'experience and anger?' Jeeze. I am retired with 4 pensions and 3 health insurances. Get real.

Neither of those drugs are antipsychotic drugs, one is a mild sleep preparation, and the other is a mild stimulant that a lot of adults who were diagnosed with ADD as children still have to take, and which other adults who never had the opportunity to get a correct diagnosis as children also take. Neither of them are big time meds.

And no, I didn't spend a 'lifetime dealing with psych patients.' It was my job for 25 of my 65 years. Not my life. I was married, raised children, went to school, learned to oil paint, and various other artistic and intellectual pursuits.

It really seems to bother you that someone can actually have a background in what is being discussed and know what is going on here.
Gratz on the retirement and the children. I do hope all is well. When I heard the skittles part and the hoodie I projected my kids who wear hoodies and love skittles. I did a lot of coaching of youth like Trayvon. I have boys that played FB. I also have a daughter who is an RN working Emergency at a large Trauma one center who has to deal with the psych patients every day... I respect your experience. My point was that you may have a bias, just like everyone else. It's ok to have a bias without getting mad at people that have a somewhat different bias. Through reasoned discussions we may end up with the same pov or not.

Last edited:

You are very correct.....it could be. Maybe...
BUT....if someone where trying to get a gun out of their pocket and you were trying to stop them. You definately try to (at the very least) divert the gun from your direction.
This is so bad.

An objective thinker...put her on the jury!

Hi ITC!!!

just to show how wrong jakey is, here is the FL statute that will be used in the trial:

Florida Statutes (Fla. Stat.)

Title XLVI. Crimes.

Chapter 776: JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

776.041 Use of force by aggressor.—

The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:

(1) Is attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of, a forcible felony; or

(2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless:

(a) Such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant; or

(b) In good faith, the person withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.

Law of Self Defense ? FL 776.041?Use of force by aggressor.?The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:

I just posted that not 12 posts back (470) http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...al-zimmerman-trial-thread-16.html#post7451824

Are my posts not showing up in this thread?

Why is anyone saying Zimmerman was out looking for a fight or out looking to kill someone?

I don't see how anyone can jump to that conclusion.

If Zimmerman was out looking for a fight or out to kill someone, as soon as he seen Martin, he would have gotten out of the car. Instead, he called the police to report a suspicious person then got out of the car when asked which way Martin was running.

This 'problem' has been going round and round and round, till the merry-go-round grew legs and took off. There are always going to be those that swear up and down Z chased M even though the evidence thus far says otherwise. Why do some do that (ignore evidence)? Well, it's really simple - none of the evidence fits into the way they want things to be, kinda like a fairy tale and a make-believe playground.

The policeman who testified said that Zimmerman's coat was short enough that the gun was visible to another party. It almost sounded as if the gun had been in Trayvon's hand at one point. But he was telling what he was told, as he wasn't there to see it himself. Likely they will visit that issue with Zimmerman himself.

I'm just not sure about the extent of the darkness.....they said it was WAY dark. I don't know. No one knows really....and probably never will. All I know is that there's a Mother without a Son. I know what that is.
The main thing....the law allows this killing.
I just can't get over seeing those fucking Skittles. That killed me! This was pretty much over Skittles.
How stupid that seems, as I type it........

LOL ditto.. they had me at skittles too.

Gratz on the retirement and the children. I do hope all is well. When I heard the skittles part and the hoodie I projected my kids who wear hoodies and love skittles. I did a lot of coaching of youth like Trayvon. I have boys that played FB. I also have a daughter who is an RN working Emergency at a large Trauma one center who has to deal with the psych patients every day... I respect your experience. My point was that you may have a bias, just like everyone else. It's ok to have a bias without getting mad at people that have a somewhat different bias. Through reasoned discussions we may end up with the same pov or not.

I have experience that gives me insight into behaviors. Here is this kid, in trouble, kicked out of school. Who needs their parents more than that kid? And where are his parents? One shuttles him off to the other because she can't handle him, and the one who gets him is out with his girlfriend. Seriously. This kid needed some involved parent time, but instead was out roaming around at night alone. And, no, I didn't let mine do that. That question always seems to come up.

My question is why is it that (predictably) the rightwing tea party types are rooting so hard for Zimmerman?

I for one am not 'rooting' for either side. I am interested in hearing why some here are just so damn sure Zimmerman followed, confronted and attacked Martin.

How can they possible know this?

911 and the Rachael.

Be specific please...I honestly want to know how "911 and Rachael" prove that Zimmerman followed and confronted Martin after being asked not to do so. What exactly makes you so sure?

What specifically on the 911 call proves this? How could Rachael know? She wasn't there either, was she?

Please, I'd really like to know.

Pay attention...I have given the good and bad of both sides along with some things I believe could have been done differently that night. Not by the rule of the law, but with simple adult like behavior.

Your opinion is that Trayvon should have been seen as a gangsta and beyond adult approach from the get go...lmao. Thats profiling in the worst way...why would you assume he is a gangsta?

Post links to where I have said I 'hate' or 'love' anyone.

Actually, lawyers don't want people who have a background in law or medicine on juries if they can possibly keep them off. Another little ditty from law school. I just got a form to fill out for federal jury duty this year. I am retired and I really don't want to bother. But telling them that would land me on it in a New York minute. So, I told them all about my JD, my BSN, my MSN, and my medication pump that didn't interfere with my job. And made a statement that I am willing to serve. I will never hear from them again. They only want people who don't know anything and have to believe what the experts who get paid to say what they parties want them to say. I didn't live my life to be stupid.

As to boasting. Most people on here tell things about themselves, their jobs, their houses, their cars, their families, etc. So, until and unless you want to apply your negativity to everyone, then you are out of line applying it to me. I'm sorry you don't have any life experience. You are not too old to get some.

Yeah, but you seem to feel the need to repeat yours in virtually every post...whatever it is, you are an expert with 25 years experience...everyone elses opinion be damned.

It is you that has applied your negativity to me for some reason. I have a different opinion on some things that could have been done differently that night...you object to that.

Your expertise obviously has not taught you the art of objective thinking or reasoning. It has however taught you bitterness and how to be very argumentative with opposing views. You would think that psyche experience would render the opposite.

That said, we are all very proud of your vast accomplishments. :clap2: . You should be justifiably proud of your accomplishments and your justification of being more knowledgeable than most on here.

Personally, I think you need to be put in the corner and given a timeout until you gather yourself together...then you can come out and play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back