The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 'experience and anger?' Jeeze. I am retired with 4 pensions and 3 health insurances. Get real.

Neither of those drugs are antipsychotic drugs, one is a mild sleep preparation, and the other is a mild stimulant that a lot of adults who were diagnosed with ADD as children still have to take, and which other adults who never had the opportunity to get a correct diagnosis as children also take. Neither of them are big time meds.

And no, I didn't spend a 'lifetime dealing with psych patients.' It was my job for 25 of my 65 years. Not my life. I was married, raised children, went to school, learned to oil paint, and various other artistic and intellectual pursuits.

It really seems to bother you that someone can actually have a background in what is being discussed and know what is going on here.
Gratz on the retirement and the children. I do hope all is well. When I heard the skittles part and the hoodie I projected my kids who wear hoodies and love skittles. I did a lot of coaching of youth like Trayvon. I have boys that played FB. I also have a daughter who is an RN working Emergency at a large Trauma one center who has to deal with the psych patients every day... I respect your experience. My point was that you may have a bias, just like everyone else. It's ok to have a bias without getting mad at people that have a somewhat different bias. Through reasoned discussions we may end up with the same pov or not.

I have experience that gives me insight into behaviors. Here is this kid, in trouble, kicked out of school. Who needs their parents more than that kid? And where are his parents? One shuttles him off to the other because she can't handle him, and the one who gets him is out with his girlfriend. Seriously. This kid needed some involved parent time, but instead was out roaming around at night alone. And, no, I didn't let mine do that. That question always seems to come up.

Interesting. I'd heard you mention the parents thing before but not the explanation of why you were mentioning it.

I suppose having been the "guy" .. the "coach" who helped turn dozens of kids just like this one around, I lament that Zimmerman decided to fight the kid instead of befriending him. Kid gives you a good punch.. ok it's a kid you say good punch kid, damn that hurt, hold up partner, I'm on your side. It's a kid for heaven sake... and yes I get it's a big kid but you can tell the difference. I've seen no evidence that this kid was a thug. Troubled yeah troubled. If Zimmerman had ended the fight he might have been able to take TM to the gym with him. This is how friendships are made. Gun shot to the chest... yeah not so much.

My question is why is it that (predictably) the rightwing tea party types are rooting so hard for Zimmerman?

We are not rooting hard for GZ. We are the party of justice, we are the party that is looking at the case objectively and see how weak the prosecution's case is. Whereas your party is the party of hate, racism, vengence at irrationality, that is looking only to sensationalize a case with racism charges that aren't there.

Moron.

That's it! I am going to register as a member of the Tea Party tomorrow. The party of justice! Man-oh-man! That's for me!

Is it OK if I join the tea party and STILL think that the kid would be alive if Zimmerman had just stayed in his car? Is that reasonable?

On that point, you'll get no argument. Where we begin to differ is that sane people realize that Zimmerman was within his rights to leave his vehicle and Martin was NOT within HIS rights to assault Mr. Zimmerman.

My 'experience and anger?' Jeeze. I am retired with 4 pensions and 3 health insurances. Get real.

Neither of those drugs are antipsychotic drugs, one is a mild sleep preparation, and the other is a mild stimulant that a lot of adults who were diagnosed with ADD as children still have to take, and which other adults who never had the opportunity to get a correct diagnosis as children also take. Neither of them are big time meds.

And no, I didn't spend a 'lifetime dealing with psych patients.' It was my job for 25 of my 65 years. Not my life. I was married, raised children, went to school, learned to oil paint, and various other artistic and intellectual pursuits.

It really seems to bother you that someone can actually have a background in what is being discussed and know what is going on here.
Gratz on the retirement and the children. I do hope all is well. When I heard the skittles part and the hoodie I projected my kids who wear hoodies and love skittles. I did a lot of coaching of youth like Trayvon. I have boys that played FB. I also have a daughter who is an RN working Emergency at a large Trauma one center who has to deal with the psych patients every day... I respect your experience. My point was that you may have a bias, just like everyone else. It's ok to have a bias without getting mad at people that have a somewhat different bias. Through reasoned discussions we may end up with the same pov or not.

I have experience that gives me insight into behaviors. Here is this kid, in trouble, kicked out of school. Who needs their parents more than that kid? And where are his parents? One shuttles him off to the other because she can't handle him, and the one who gets him is out with his girlfriend. Seriously. This kid needed some involved parent time, but instead was out roaming around at night alone. And, no, I didn't let mine do that. That question always seems to come up.

Oh boy...here we go again...lol.

OMG...he went up to the 7-11 to get an Iced tea and skittles...he was on his way back to the house and to give the skittles to a 12 year old and watch the NBA all star game. Roaming around? He walked up to the store for crying out loud. You never let your kids do that?

That's it! I am going to register as a member of the Tea Party tomorrow. The party of justice! Man-oh-man! That's for me!

Is it OK if I join the tea party and STILL think that the kid would be alive if Zimmerman had just stayed in his car? Is that reasonable?

The kid would be alive if he had been a priority for his parents. When you start that line of thinking, where does it stop? He would be alive if his high school sports had meant more to him. He would be alive if...........

Seriously, you could make a game of cards out of it.

Bullshit. There is a point at which it becomes reality. The reality is that Zimmerman INITIATED the contact by being within reach of the kid in the first place. The kid was minding his own business. Period.

Are you fucking insane? By being within reach? Don't you expect a 17 year old black kid to have enough self control that he wouldn't attack everything within reach?
MY GOD man!
Yeah the kid was minding his own business until he tried to punch Zimmerman's lights out.

It's great minds like yours that got us in this mess. You must be so proud.

OMG...he went up to the 7-11 to get an Iced tea and skittles...he was on his way back to the house and to give the skittles to a 12 year old and watch the NBA all star game. Roaming around? He walked up to the store for crying out loud. You never let your kids do that?

At night in the rain.. on suspension at school, guilty of smoking pot... yeah she's right that kid should have been on restriction under adult supervision.

Interesting. I'd heard you mention the parents thing before but not the explanation of why you were mentioning it.

I suppose having been the "guy" .. the "coach" who helped turn dozens of kids just like this one around, I lament that Zimmerman decided to fight the kid instead of befriending him. Kid gives you a good punch.. ok it's a kid you say good punch kid, damn that hurt, hold up partner, I'm on your side. It's a kid for heaven sake... and yes I get it's a big kid but you can tell the difference. I've seen no evidence that this kid was a thug. Troubled yeah troubled. If Zimmerman had ended the fight he might have been able to take TM to the gym with him. This is how friendships are made. Gun shot to the chest... yeah not so much.
Really?? So far the testimony is Zimmerman took a beating.

I can see it now. "yeah kid. Funny thing you jumping me, ahh good times. Oh the gun, no no no, that's not a toy son. Lets you and me go hang out and talk playoffs. I hear you're pretty damn good when not suspended. Oh btw did you know there have been many breaking in the hood? Man, you gotta be careful."

Zimmerman actually did mentor and give to kids. Ths situation was not his doing.

Last edited:

Who's to say he didn't try to defuse the situation?

At night in the rain.. on suspension at school, guilty of smoking pot... yeah she's right that kid should have been on restriction under adult supervision.

This was his 3rd suspension from school.

SANFORD: Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

I can see it now. "yeah kid. Funny thing you jumping me, ahh good times. Oh the gun, no no no, that's not a toy son. Lets you and me go hang out and talk football. I hear you're pretty damn good when not suspended. Oh btw did you know there have been many breaking in the hood? Man, you gotta be careful."

Zimmerman actually did mentor and give to kids. Ths situation was not his doing.

The beating occurred at the end of the fight. It was a long fight that somehow covered a significant amount of distance? According to Goodman it was just a minor tussle right up until the 8seconds they were on the concrete and it was at that point that it got serious.

The point, and no I don't expect you to understand, is that men should diffuse fights with children, not engage in them.

Last edited:

I can see it now. "yeah kid. Funny thing you jumping me, ahh good times. Oh the gun, no no no, that's not a toy son. Lets you and me go hang out and talk playoffs. I hear you're pretty damn good when not suspended. Oh btw did you know there have been many breaking in the hood? Man, you gotta be careful."

The time for Zimmerman to be the adult in the room was very early on...he didnt do that and the situation escalated. Did he have to? No. But if he had, would this have been prevented?

If someone is circling my truck, I would say something. It most likely wouldnt be confrontational and would be in an attempt to try to defuse the situation that is appearing to have escalated already. Zimmerman didnt do that...its something that he could have done differently.

Im sure, in hind sight, zimmerman would not do exactly what he did again. That didnt turn out too well for either side. Its life...you live and learn and try a different approach next time. Unfortunately, there is only one side that can live and learn. In Trayvons case, Im sure he would just go home next time and likewise should have defused the situation also.

Last edited:
^^ this.. yeah I'm half irish.. agree fist fights are a time honored way to settle disputes :) Bringing a knife fight or gun to a fist fight and killing someone if you are loosing? Ick. However, if it's possible Tray reached for the gun... then maybe GZ really was left with no choice.. maybe..

You are very correct.....it could be. Maybe...
BUT....if someone where trying to get a gun out of their pocket and you were trying to stop them. You definately try to (at the very least) divert the gun from your direction.
This is so bad.

An objective thinker...put her on the jury!

Hi ITC!!!

Hi doll face!

The beating occurred at the end of the fight. It was a long fight that somehow covered a significant amount of distance? According to Goodman it was just a minor tussle right up until the 8seconds they were on the concrete and it was at that point that it got serious.

The point, and no I don't expect you to understand, is that men should diffuse fights with children, not engage in them.

On your second point no one would disagree. That being said does nothing to make your first point anything but rubbish.

Certainly not me. If Zim, tried, I'll give him props for it. Did Zimmerman say he tried? Did he provide a detailed explanation for that?

Certainly not me. If Zim, tried, I'll give him props for it. Did Zimmerman say he tried? Did he provide a detailed explanation for that?

No...zimmerman did not...the first chance Mr Z had to defuse the situation he went reaching for his pockets.

I mean at least identify yourself.

I cant believe with all of the intelligence in this forum that adults cant put a list together of some possible solutions to avoid this in the future...surely this isnt the end all answer to teens roaming a neighborhood.

Could Zimmerman have done anything differently? If it was your child, then what would you expect or appreciate from Zimmerman given the same situation? Come on...I know there has to be some ideas out there.:eusa_angel:

[MENTION=26011]Ernie S.[/MENTION] ? You were a NH watch guy...what would you have done differently early on? I cant see you doing the same as Mr Z...you ride a harley! We have more balls than that...we aint afraid to speak or approach a juvenile...lol.

Last edited:

I can see it now. "yeah kid. Funny thing you jumping me, ahh good times. Oh the gun, no no no, that's not a toy son. Lets you and me go hang out and talk football. I hear you're pretty damn good when not suspended. Oh btw did you know there have been many breaking in the hood? Man, you gotta be careful."

You can't defuse shit when you're on your back with a broken nose, swallowing your own blood. All you can do at that point is fight your way out of it. Zimmerman did what he had to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back