The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the judge's decision to allow Zimmerman's past interest in law enforcement open the door for the Trayvon's past troubles with violence/fighting?

It seems to me that what the Prosecution is saying is that Zimmerman's past shows that he is an over-zealous civilian who wanted to be in law enforcement so badly that he would have over-reacted in his following of Trayvon and killed him - as well as possessing knowledge of how to "get away with it."

By similar logic - since Zimmerman's defense relies on the jury believing that Trayvon Martin was capable of turning back, away from the safety of his father's house, and came back to antagonize Zimmerman, ultimately attacking him - wouldn't similar past actions be relevant?

I'm totally willing to be wrong on this one...I'm just wondering?

Does the judge's decision to allow Zimmerman's past interest in law enforcement open the door for the Trayvon's past troubles with violence/fighting?

It seems to me that what the Prosecution is saying is that Zimmerman's past shows that he is an over-zealous civilian who wanted to be in law enforcement so badly that he would have over-reacted in his following of Trayvon and killed him - as well as possessing knowledge of how to "get away with it."

By similar logic - since Zimmerman's defense relies on the jury believing that Trayvon Martin was capable of turning back, away from the safety of his father's house, and came back to antagonize Zimmerman, ultimately attacking him - wouldn't similar past actions be relevant?

I'm wondering the same thing Gem. All I keep hearing is "Martin's not the one on trial" but if one thinks about it, the character of both men are in fact on trial here.

Seems your message is blacks need to stay hidden indoors for their own safety.

If that's what your warped mind tells you, go with it.

I'm just reading what you posted. "go inside" your house to avoid "incidents."

So we admit then that Zimmerman was causing an incident that needed to be avoided by the "suspect" running to his home and hiding within? Zimmerman did not want the teen to "get away." Zimmerman, by his own testimony, followed, determined what direction Trayvon was walking, drove ahead waited for him to walk around him, got out followed..

I get your point that you are safer in your home that outside at night... but hell he was in his own gated community. He wasn't in some dark alley way in the bronx. This was where he was staying. He was home.

I'm wondering the same thing Gem. All I keep hearing is "Martin's not the one on trial" but if one thinks about it, the character of both men are in fact on trial here.

What about the guy Goodman who refused to help? What about all the other neighbors that refused to help. To borrow Sunshine's point, what about the parents of Trayvon who were absent? That whole neighborhood is on trial.

Last edited:
Again, how come you folks DO NOT GIVE ANY CREDIBILITY to the eye witness Good?

Credibility? Why does only Good deserve credibility. Because you agree with him.

Well usually the only person to see the incident is kind of important. In fact if someone is the ONLY eye witness they are pretty important. But let's see what GZs homework from a few years back proves.

Again, how come you folks DO NOT GIVE ANY CREDIBILITY to the eye witness Good?

Credibility? Why does only Good deserve credibility. Because you agree with him.

Well usually the only person to see the incident is kind of important. In fact if someone is the ONLY eye witness they are pretty important. But let's see what GZs homework from a few years back proves.

more so when the college book was generic in nature

and not designed to florida law

RKMBrown Wrote:
That whole neighborhood is on trial.

But only one of them is sitting in that court room facing a 2nd Degree Murder charge.

Two different things. You can't victimize the victim unless you're in the Jodi trial. Judge already ruled no on TM's cell, past.

Unless the state opens the door for it, the jury won't hear about that. DD gave them some of it.

I'm just reading what you posted. "go inside" your house to avoid "incidents."

Why do the Martin defenders keep trying to make Zimmerman or his defenders out to be racist?

Because that's all they have and they are feeling guilty about turning on one of their own.

Or because rumors of racism's death are greatly exaggerated.

Why didn't anyone in the neighborhood help these two?

If he got an A in basic math, could he possibly have helped snowden to leak classified information? Seems like we are suppose to believe that not being able to read or write in cursive good, going to college makes you a murderer. Solid reason to convict someone of murder.

Two different things. You can't victimize the victim unless you're in the Jodi trial. Judge already ruled no on TM's cell, past.

Unless the state opens the door for it, the jury won't hear about that. DD gave them some of it.

yes and she is subject to recall

What about the guy Goodman who refused to help? What about all the other neighbors that refused to help. To borrow Sunshine's point, what about the parents of Trayvon who were absent? That whole neighborhood is on trial.

There's logic and reason and then there's trial and what the judge allows.

The defense hasn't started and things and witnesses can flip on a dime as we've seen so far.

It's not over til it's over.

I hear ya testarosa... Needless to say, the justice system is a fickle bitch! Thankfully I haven't had to deal with it(Seriously knocking on wood with that statement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back