New discovery Hey, more ice .... not less and here is proof

How heat moves​

The ocean is the largest solar energy collector on Earth. Not only does water cover more than 70 percent of our planet’s surface, it can also absorb large amounts of heat without a large increase in temperature. This tremendous ability to store and release heat over long periods of time gives the ocean a central role in stabilizing Earth’s climate system. The main source of ocean heat is sunlight. Additionally, clouds, water vapor, and greenhouse gases emit heat that they have absorbed, and some of that heat energy enters the ocean. Waves, tides, and currents constantly mix the ocean, moving heat from warmer to cooler latitudes and to deeper levels.

Heat absorbed by the ocean is moved from one place to another, but it doesn’t disappear. The heat energy eventually re-enters the rest of the Earth system by melting ice shelves, evaporating water, or directly reheating the atmosphere. Thus, heat energy in the ocean can warm the planet for decades after it was absorbed. If the ocean absorbs more heat than it releases over a given time span, its heat content increases. Knowing how much heat energy the ocean absorbs and releases is essential for understanding and modeling global climate.

Says the guy who just dismissed 6 peer reviewed scientific papers on the ocean controlling the climate of the planet.
Back to the kiddie table with you, child. You have no business annoying the grownups. You're too clueless on this topic to have any grasp of how clueless you are.

Tell us, do you really think you've somehow figured out what the smartest people on the planet all somehow missed? That is, just how off-scale is your narcissism?

Let me point out your fundamental faceplant here.

Your premise is "The oceans control the climate"

That is quite compatible with AGW theory which says:
"The atmosphere affects the oceans. Then the oceans control the climate."

Back to the kiddie table with you, child. You have no business annoying the grownups. You're too clueless on this topic to have any grasp of how clueless you are.

Tell us, do you really think you've somehow figured out what the smartest people on the planet all somehow missed? That is, just how off-scale is your narcissism?

Let me point out your fundamental faceplant here.

Your premise is "The oceans control the climate"

That is quite compatible with AGW theory which says:
Everyone knows the oceans control the climate. Try googling it.

Tell us, do you really think you've somehow figured out what the smartest people on the planet all somehow missed?
Apparently they aren't the smartest people on earth. It's pretty self evident the planet's climate is being driven by its largest feature. I'm actually quite surprised they have carried on with their nonsense as long as they did.

It's pretty idiotic to believe that 120 ppm of CO2 is causing the ocean to warm like it has.

Apparently they aren't the smartest people on earth. It's pretty self evident the planet's climate is being driven by its largest feature. I'm actually quite surprised they have carried on with their nonsense as long as they did.
"DERRRRRP! THOSE EGGHEADS DON'T KNOW 'NUFFIN! I SAW IT ON THE INTERNET, SO I KNOW BETTER!"

It's pretty idiotic to believe that 120 ppm of CO2 is causing the ocean to warm like it has.
Again, your precious feelings on the matter are irrelevant, given that the hard data debunks your feelings. We directly measure the increased backradiation that comes down and warms the oceans.

That is quite honestly the stupidest statement you could make. You think that something that is 1/300th the mass of the ocean and has only increased in temperature by 1.5C over 100 years is responsible for the ocean warming like?

Although your second sentence is correct. The ocean controls the climate.

1722042947337.png

"DERRRRRP! THOSE EGGHEADS DON'T KNOW 'NUFFIN! I SAW IT ON THE INTERNET, SO I KNOW BETTER!"

Again, your precious feelings on the matter are irrelevant, given that the hard data debunks your feelings. We directly measure the increased backradiation that comes down and warms the oceans.
Yep your heroes are idiots, walk me through how the atmospheric temperature which has only increased by 1.5C over 100 years and is 1/300th the mass of the ocean can produce this type of ocean warming?
1722043082865.png

Forum List

Back