The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just reading what you posted. "go inside" your house to avoid "incidents."

So we admit then that Zimmerman was causing an incident that needed to be avoided by the "suspect" running to his home and hiding within? Zimmerman did not want the teen to "get away." Zimmerman, by his own testimony, followed, determined what direction Trayvon was walking, drove ahead waited for him to walk around him, got out followed..

I get your point that you are safer in your home that outside at night... but hell he was in his own gated community. He wasn't in some dark alley way in the bronx. This was where he was staying. He was home.

He was not in his own gated community. He was visiting his dad's girlfriend's gated community. He wasn't on his turf, he was on Zimmerman's turf.

If he was just going to the store to buy iced tea and skittles, ducking in and out the rain between buildings. That's understandable.

There is testimony that he was either back to the girlfriend's house or right near it. My point was if he had just gone inside, completing his mission, he would have been alive the next morning.

Interesting point.

Is there case law on what constitutes a place of residence (home) of a victim? I figure that's where his dad is staying.. thus that's where his dad's home is thus that's where the child's home is. I just figure that when you have split parents you have two homes.. Am I wrong here? Interesting point.

Yea, I'd spin away from your ignorant BS too. Now, that I told you I'm not even arguing for a manslaughter conviction, merely telling you the definition of manslaughter. I guess it finally sunk into your tiny bird brain.

I've never said that GZ should have been charged with manslaughter. I stated that if there was any charge, it should have been manslaughter at most. I've also stated that from the evidence I've seen that I don't believe manslaughter occurred. You're just getting your panties in a bunch b/c I correctly told you that self defense was not an absolute defense against manslaughter when it is a minor in the state of Florida.

And don't judge my lawyer skills; because unlike you I have at least taken law classes and unlike you I look at statutes properly instead of constantly crying out like a little whiny baby who's due for a nap. Yea, take that fuck off to the juice bank, bitch.

The only "law classes" you've ever taken have been watching Judge Judy. You dont have the slightest fucking idea what you're babbling about. Your reading of the statute is a pitiful exercise in stupidity and your continued ignorance is losing its freak show appeal.

I could still tell you the names of my law professors; but I won't because I don't divulge personal information online. You on the other hand, are doing nothing but throwing childish insults b/c logic is not your forte.

Your professors would sue you for embarassment if you claimed they were your teachers.
But we know you took law classes. Here is a picture of you in one.
_dunce_cap.jpg

Zimmerman's school record is relevant Trayvon's is not. What's up wid dat???

Martin isnt on trial.

That isn't it.
If anything the standard is to allow it because of that as the rights of the accused are far greater.
Martin was a juvenile and that is a different standard and one also has to show relevance.
Martin's school records are not relevant unless they show violence which they do not.
Zimmerman's records were argued on based on the relevance of his actions as community watch patrolman and if his training/education had anything to do with his actions as that watch patrolman.
I see their relevance and the reason they are allowed in but I bet there will be limitations on the scope of questioning on those records.
And of course in every trial the objections ARE SOLEY FOR appeals if there is a conviction.
The defense KNEW AHEAD OF TIME that these records would be tendered and the Judge would rule them admissable based on what I said above.
This is nothing new.

Coming up, very emotional autopsy testimony, the parents of Treyvon. Not sure if they'll call anyone about DNR. Hope so.

Yes I suspect they will say he is a kind smart kid who was innocent and the creepy ass cracker killed him for no reason. I dont see why their testimony is relevant. They weren't there. The judge should not have allowed then to testify cause they cant advance the actual facts of the case.

They should also throw out the autopsy evidence because it probably isn't relevant anyway.

Martin isnt on trial.

That isn't it.
If anything the standard is to allow it because of that as the rights of the accused are far greater.
Martin was a juvenile and that is a different standard and one also has to show relevance.
Martin's school records are not relevant unless they show violence which they do not.
Zimmerman's records were argued on based on the relevance of his actions as community watch patrolman and if his training/education had anything to do with his actions as that watch patrolman.
I see their relevance and the reason they are allowed in but I bet there will be limitations on the scope of questioning on those records.
And of course in every trial the objections ARE SOLEY FOR appeals if there is a conviction.
The defense KNEW AHEAD OF TIME that these records would be tendered and the Judge would rule them admissable based on what I said above.
This is nothing new.

No. Trayvon was found with unexplained women's jewelry and a screwdriver in hsi position after he painted graffiti in his school. That's at leaast the report I saw recently. It would go to why he was there in the first place and why he attracted Zimmerman's attention. He was in fact acting suspiciously and casing houses.

When they put Tracy Martin on the stand and ask him why he changed his answer on the 911 calls that will advance facts of the case.

Martin isnt on trial.

That isn't it.
This is nothing new.

I just told him WHY they didn't make it admissible. I didnt say I agreed with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back