The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there case law on what constitutes a place of residence (home) of a victim? I figure that's where his dad is staying.. thus that's where his dad's home is thus that's where the child's home is. I just figure that when you have split parents you have two homes.. Am I wrong here? Interesting point.

Yes. The terminology is "domicile" and it refers to the place where a person intends to permanently reside. Mere temporary absence, even if extended, does not change this. For example, a college student away at college who intends to return to his parents home retains his legal place of residence where his parents reside. A person serving in the military will retain his civilian domicile in many instance.. A person on vacation is not legally considered to be domiciled in the hotel.

A minor will generally be considered to be domiciled with their parents. If divorced, he is considered domiciled with the parent having legal custody.

Now it sounds like every droid in the Rebel Alliance is trying to get in on this.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DROIDS_zpsc9acf899.jpg

Rumor has it Sybrina Fulton will be the State's final witness.

Let's see if she....opens that door.....

Is there case law on what constitutes a place of residence (home) of a victim? I figure that's where his dad is staying.. thus that's where his dad's home is thus that's where the child's home is. I just figure that when you have split parents you have two homes.. Am I wrong here? Interesting point.

Yes. The terminology is "domicile" and it refers to the place where a person intends to permanently reside. Mere temporary absence, even if extended, does not change this. For example, a college student away at college who intends to return to his parents home retains his legal place of residence where his parents reside. A person serving in the military will retain his civilian domicile in many instance.. A person on vacation is not legally considered to be domiciled in the hotel.

A minor will generally be considered to be domiciled with their parents. If divorced, he is considered domiciled with the parent having legal custody.

Thx for the clarification. What about split custody?

So that townhouse was in no way TM's domicile.

^^^

Yawn, dude. I'll let you have your petty insult if you just stfu.

That's very white of you, Cedric.

In fact you owe this board an apology for spewing idiotic nonsense and misinformation and then lying about it.
Remind me how the prosecutors could have charged Zimmerman with negligence when he committed an intentional act.

The foray into Zimmerman's collegiate past by the prosecution failed.

In your opinion.. :lmao: The defense was crushed that it was allowed at all. They were whacked by the judge.

Ha. Not in my opinion, that last professor absolutely shredded the prosecution's assertion of Zimmerman being a cop wannabe vigilante.

Desperation strikes again. Have a seat.

You understand that Trayvon doubled back and confronted Zimmerman, right? That's all you need to know right there.

Yeah....................sure...................because according to Zimmerman, Trayvon jumped out at him from behind some bushes.

Only trouble is..........................there are no bushes anywhere around where the altercation happened.

Try again Rabid Lie.

yeah...lol...so let me get this straight, rabbi...Mr Z follows him through the complex, eventually the kid runs away in a direction that he cant be followed in a truck...GZ exits his vehicle and begins chasing...hes told to stop and proceeds up the same path...and its trayvon thats the aggressor because he asks the creepy follower what the problem is?

Thats hilarious...clearly Trayvon was trying to get away from this follower...but GZ continued to follow in the dark and rain...eventually Trayvon dealt with it. Oh im sorry, GZ is allowed to just keep following him whenever and wherever and trayvons only means for defense is to just keep sprinting for home?

What if he wants to walk to the store tomorrow? Does GZ get to keep following him? Why isnt Trayvon allowed to deal with some stranger stalking him in the dark and rain? Thats okay with you in your neighborhood, rabbi?

There's only one problem with your "scenario", 25 but it's a HUGE one! Trayvon Martin isn't doing the things that you're SAYING that he was doing. To start with he's walking in circles in the rain. He's not walking from the 7/11 straight home (as any logical person would be apt to do in the rain)...he in fact walks past where Zimmerman is talking to the Police on the phone...goes up to the area where the T is...then returns and circles Zimmerman's vehicle looking at him. Who does THAT? Who doubles back in the rain like that? Then after Martin does THAT he goes back to the area where the T is and according to Rachel's testimony takes off running to the condo where he is staying. At this point Martin is over a hundred and twenty yards away from "the stranger stalking him" when Rachel calls back. He's home...he's safe and sound! Yet he makes the decision to walk all the way back to the T area to confront the man that he's just described as a "creepy assed Cracker". Who does THAT? Not someone who's afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back