The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx for the clarification. What about split custody?

Usually the home where the minor is residing to attend school. If both parents live in the same school district... I am not sure. For Trayvon, his domicile is clearly with his mother as the trip to dads was merely a temporary solution.
So his mom kicked him out for getting suspended making Trayvon "homeless?" Sunshine's point is making more sense. This sucks.

Last edited:
Look at all the things you have to do to fire this thing. His hands must have been pretty free. Poor Treyvon must have been so scared of this cop wannabe.

You truly are clueless..... Trayvon Looked for the confrontation with Zimmerman. A scared kid doesn't look for trouble but a idiot punk does.

So we admit then that Zimmerman was causing an incident that needed to be avoided by the "suspect" running to his home and hiding within? Zimmerman did not want the teen to "get away." Zimmerman, by his own testimony, followed, determined what direction Trayvon was walking, drove ahead waited for him to walk around him, got out followed..

I get your point that you are safer in your home that outside at night... but hell he was in his own gated community. He wasn't in some dark alley way in the bronx. This was where he was staying. He was home.

He was not in his own gated community. He was visiting his dad's girlfriend's gated community. He wasn't on his turf, he was on Zimmerman's turf.

If he was just going to the store to buy iced tea and skittles, ducking in and out the rain between buildings. That's understandable.

There is testimony that he was either back to the girlfriend's house or right near it. My point was if he had just gone inside, completing his mission, he would have been alive the next morning.

Interesting point.

Is there case law on what constitutes a place of residence (home) of a victim? I figure that's where his dad is staying.. thus that's where his dad's home is thus that's where the child's home is. I just figure that when you have split parents you have two homes.. Am I wrong here? Interesting point.

You are not wrong. I didn't get to finish because I had someone in my office I had to deal with.

Treyvon, had every right to be where he was. I'll even stipulate that he would be in his right to confront someone that was following him to ask if there was a problem.

What neither person had a right to put their hands on the other person.

Usually the home where the minor is residing to attend school. If both parents live in the same school district... I am not sure. For Trayvon, his domicile is clearly with his mother as the trip to dads was merely a temporary solution.
So his mom kicked him out for getting suspended making Trayvon "homeless?"

I don't know that kicked him out is appropriate. Burlgary suspension pot gun etc may have caused her to take some action.

Too little too late.

I wouldn't say that, I would say Martins mother sent him to visit with his dad for a bit and try to get him to clean up his life. I wouldn't say he was a criminal either, but on the wrong path which would have landed him in jail or dead and his mother and father wanted to avoid that.

He was not in his own gated community. He was visiting his dad's girlfriend's gated community. He wasn't on his turf, he was on Zimmerman's turf.

If he was just going to the store to buy iced tea and skittles, ducking in and out the rain between buildings. That's understandable.

There is testimony that he was either back to the girlfriend's house or right near it. My point was if he had just gone inside, completing his mission, he would have been alive the next morning.

Interesting point.

Is there case law on what constitutes a place of residence (home) of a victim? I figure that's where his dad is staying.. thus that's where his dad's home is thus that's where the child's home is. I just figure that when you have split parents you have two homes.. Am I wrong here? Interesting point.

You are not wrong. I didn't get to finish because I had someone in my office I had to deal with.

Treyvon, had every right to be where he was. I'll even stipulate that he would be in his right to confront someone that was following him to ask if there was a problem.

LOL and America's workforce takes an all time dip in production for trial. I try to schedule all calls for lunch break.

I wouldn't say that, I would say Martins mother sent him to visit with his dad for a bit and try to get him to clean up his life. I wouldn't say he was a criminal either, but on the wrong path which would have landed him in jail or dead and his mother and father wanted to avoid that.

Yep

So his mom kicked him out for getting suspended making Trayvon "homeless?" Sunshine's point is making more sense. This sucks.

Sucks?? Because you want him guilty. Your objectivity is tarnished

Interesting point.

LOL and America's workforce takes an all time dip in production for trial. I try to schedule all calls for lunch break.

I was able to take an extended break from the college this month... New fiscal year started and loaded up with discretionary leave :mm:

Ok, this troll is getting mean and kind of dragging me into his negative view of the world. I have to go anyway.

That's very white of you, Cedric.

In fact you owe this board an apology for spewing idiotic nonsense and misinformation and then lying about it.
Remind me how the prosecutors could have charged Zimmerman with negligence when he committed an intentional act?

WOW! JUST WOW!I've said this before. You clearly don't even know what negligence is. You wouldn't even ask a question like that if you did.

Negligence basically means a legal short-sightedness. GZ could have execute degrees of negligence in a myriad of ways in the lead-up to to the shooting death of Travis. For instance, his decision to approach Travis after the police told him not to, could be considered negligent. His decision to effectively stalk him could be considered negligent.

Now, the key is culpable negligence. Culpable means deserving blame. So, even if the prosecution proves a degree of negligence, the question would be, did he ultimately deserve blame or does he not despite his il-advised actions.

Police didnt tell him anything. That's been established.
He isnt on trial for stalking. He isnt on trial for approaching Travis, whoever Travis is supposed to be. The dead guy was named Trayvon.
He's on trial for shooting and killing someone. That was not negligent. That was intentional. Therefore it cannot be negigent.

What has also been established is you are an ignorance dunce.

Seriously. How old are you and what's your IQ?

'Police didnt tell him anything. That's been established.' - I don't even know what that means, what it refers to, or how it's relevant to anything I said.

'He isnt on trial for stalking.' No, he isn't. I was giving you an example of a potential negligent act/factor. There's no need to nitpick like an idiot.

'He's on trial for shooting and killing someone. That was not negligent.' Sigh. He's on trial for murder and manslaughter. I broke down some of the nuances of manslaughter for you. But, honestly, you're just an ass. I can't keep spending time on you. I honestly think your mental and emotional faculties are too weak and I'll give you a thoughtful, technical answer and you'll come back with spastic insults. It's the same shit every time dude. So, how about this time, you just take a deep breath. Be thankful you were schooled and stfu like I've suggested oh so many times now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back