The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was not in his own gated community. He was visiting his dad's girlfriend's gated community. He wasn't on his turf, he was on Zimmerman's turf.

If he was just going to the store to buy iced tea and skittles, ducking in and out the rain between buildings. That's understandable.

There is testimony that he was either back to the girlfriend's house or right near it. My point was if he had just gone inside, completing his mission, he would have been alive the next morning.

Interesting point.

Is there case law on what constitutes a place of residence (home) of a victim? I figure that's where his dad is staying.. thus that's where his dad's home is thus that's where the child's home is. I just figure that when you have split parents you have two homes.. Am I wrong here? Interesting point.

You are not wrong. I didn't get to finish because I had someone in my office I had to deal with.

Treyvon, had every right to be where he was. I'll even stipulate that he would be in his right to confront someone that was following him to ask if there was a problem.

What neither person had a right to put their hands on the other person.

Thanks.

So we admit then that Zimmerman was causing an incident that needed to be avoided by the "suspect" running to his home and hiding within? Zimmerman did not want the teen to "get away." Zimmerman, by his own testimony, followed, determined what direction Trayvon was walking, drove ahead waited for him to walk around him, got out followed..

I get your point that you are safer in your home that outside at night... but hell he was in his own gated community. He wasn't in some dark alley way in the bronx. This was where he was staying. He was home.

He was not in his own gated community. He was visiting his dad's girlfriend's gated community. He wasn't on his turf, he was on Zimmerman's turf.

If he was just going to the store to buy iced tea and skittles, ducking in and out the rain between buildings. That's understandable.

There is testimony that he was either back to the girlfriend's house or right near it. My point was if he had just gone inside, completing his mission, he would have been alive the next morning.

Interesting point.

Is there case law on what constitutes a place of residence (home) of a victim? I figure that's where his dad is staying.. thus that's where his dad's home is thus that's where the child's home is. I just figure that when you have split parents you have two homes.. Am I wrong here? Interesting point.

domicile n. the place where a person has his/her permanent principal home to which he/she returns or intends to return. This becomes significant in determining in what state a probate of a dead person's estate is filed, what state can assess income or inheritance taxes, where a party can begin divorce proceedings, or whether there is "diversity of citizenship" between two parties which may give federal courts jurisdiction over a lawsuit. Where a person has several "residences" it may be a matter of proof as to which is the state of domicile. A business has its domicile in the state where its headquarters is located.

domicile legal definition of domicile. domicile synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

But then all the wannabe lawyers, like you, who have never set foot in a law school would know this.

Last edited:
My Rabbi impersonation.

Duh. Georgie shoot Travis. Was scared. Uh, could no be murder. And if no murder, then no manslaughter. Was attack first. Is no negligent.

Usually the home where the minor is residing to attend school. If both parents live in the same school district... I am not sure. For Trayvon, his domicile is clearly with his mother as the trip to dads was merely a temporary solution.
So his mom kicked him out for getting suspended making Trayvon "homeless?"

I don't know that kicked him out is appropriate. Burlgary suspension pot gun etc may have caused her to take some action.

Too little too late.

>>> Burlgary suspension pot gun
Huh? screwdiver and an ear ring in a locker is not a burglary. Discussing a 22pistol with a friend... desire for a pistol to defend himself from GZ types, did that get to the mother?

Interesting point.

domicile n. the place where a person has his/her permanent principal home to which he/she returns or intends to return. This becomes significant in determining in what state a probate of a dead person's estate is filed, what state can assess income or inheritance taxes, where a party can begin divorce proceedings, or whether there is "diversity of citizenship" between two parties which may give federal courts jurisdiction over a lawsuit. Where a person has several "residences" it may be a matter of proof as to which is the state of domicile. A business has its domicile in the state where its headquarters is located.

domicile legal definition of domicile. domicile synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

But then all the wannabe lawyers, like you, who have never set foot in a law school would know this.

Wannabe lawyer? ROFL I'm an engineer. No offense to lawyers, but why would I want to stoop to the position of lawyer?

I don't know that kicked him out is appropriate. Burlgary suspension pot gun etc may have caused her to take some action.

Too little too late.

Huh? screwdiver and an ear ring in a locker is not a burglary. Discussing a 22pistol with a friend... desire for a pistol to defend himself from GZ types, did that get to the mother?

There's a whole thing going on down there.

Read up.

Ballistics evidence is suggesting according to this witness, that Martin was directly on top of Zimmerman when he fired. This supports the opening statements made by the Defense on Day 1, it corroborates Good's testimony, and of course, Zimmerman's testimony.

Last edited:

Too little too late.

I've read it was 12 pieces of jewelry and a screwdriver that he said "A friend gave them to me" and the convo over the gun was a .380 and about him trying to purchase it. As to why he needed a gun, that's left to be heard.

Usually the home where the minor is residing to attend school. If both parents live in the same school district... I am not sure. For Trayvon, his domicile is clearly with his mother as the trip to dads was merely a temporary solution.
So his mom kicked him out for getting suspended making Trayvon "homeless?" Sunshine's point is making more sense. This sucks.

Sucks?? Because you want him guilty. Your objectivity is tarnished

That's funny. I admit the lady (sunshine) who is in the camp of the accused (GZ) has made a good point. And that means I'm not being objective. ROFL

No. It, sucks because Sunshine keeps negging me and I don't want to thank her.

.38 gun 4 face is slang for I am going to shoot that fucker in the face with a .38 cal pistol.

Interesting point.

Wannabe lawyer? ROFL I'm an engineer. No offense to lawyers, but why would I want to stoop to the position of lawyer?

Why not? You've got the art of deception down to a t

Why not? You've got the art of deception down to a t

I work in a law office on intellectual property (read patents). It might be rubbing off on me.

Ok, this troll is getting mean and kind of dragging me into his negative view of the world. I have to go anyway.

images

:razz:

Interesting point.

You are not wrong. I didn't get to finish because I had someone in my office I had to deal with.

Treyvon, had every right to be where he was. I'll even stipulate that he would be in his right to confront someone that was following him to ask if there was a problem.

What neither person had a right to put their hands on the other person.

LOL and America's workforce takes an all time dip in production for trial. I try to schedule all calls for lunch break.

Production won't suffer I have a computer with 2 screens and my laptop going all at the same time. I can multitask.

And I don't work in the private sector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back