The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

He claimed that he went for the gun..and locked his hand before he got it.

That seems improbable. But not impossible.

I googled it and his pal that testified for him claimed that Zimmerman said Martin grabbed his gun.

"Somehow I broke his grip on the gun when the guy grabbed between the grip and hammer," Osterman, author of "Defending our Friend: The Most Hated Man in America," said, quoting a Zimmerman he described as "stunned" and "detached. ...

Pal testifies that Zimmerman said Martin grabbed his gun

hearsay.

and he has retreated that statement.
Before or after it was revealed that none of Martin's dna was on the gun?

Simple enough question , if, as you claim, he can not use self defense as a means to avoid manslaughter, then why is he USING it? Are you claiming his lawyer is incompetent?

Wow, you just make wicked jumps in logic. Who says that the lawyer is using the self defense as an absolute defense against manslaughter? He has to defend the murder charge first and foremost and of course the self defense is part of the equation.

^ Despite repeatedly having his ignorance exposed, Gatsby stubbornly persists in repeating his erroneous claim.

Let's set the record straight (again) for him and anyone who might otherwise be misled by his ignorant and erroneous claim:

In the Zimmerman trial, justification IS an absolute defense for the accused.

If the jury determines that Mr. Zimmerman was justified in his use of force, they will acquit him. Period.

None of Martin's dna on the gun either. Didn't Zimmerman claim that Martin grabbed his gun?

Keep trying to convict----er I mean.. trying to make sure all the evidence is taken into consideration.
He's claiming self-defense therefore the burden is on him to prove it was self-defense.

zimmerman has injuries, regardless of now minor consistent with his version of events.

an eye witness puts martin on top beating up on the person under him.

Keep trying to convict----er I mean.. trying to make sure all the evidence is taken into consideration.
He's claiming self-defense therefore the burden is on him to prove it was self-defense.

zimmerman has injuries, regardless of now minor consistent with his version of events.

But that doesn't mean that Martin started the fight, if true. It merely means that at one point in time Martin may have had the upper hand in defending himself.

again, when you grab someone you are not using your fingernails to do that.... you are using the palms of your hands. If there were scratches on gz, the i would expect dna under tm's fingernails. There are no scratches on gz, nor does gz say tm scratched him.

grabbing, punching, slapping..... if, as is witnessed tm sitting on top of gz.... all of those things will put gz's head in contact with the ground. Of which are consistent with gz's version of events.

so far the dna evidence is consistent with gz's version of events.

First off, the injuries were very minor. They weren't at all life threatening.

Second off, Zimmerman STATED that Martin grabbed his head and slammed it multiple times on to the concrete.

I am going completely by the evidence..not conjecture.

Other than Zimmerman's statements, nothing supports that.

Not the severity of the injuries.

Not the DNA information gotten from Martin.

So unless you are going by a leap of faith, the statement by Zimmerman seems unlikely.

So far, zimmerman has not testified.

the evidence supports zimmermans head in contact with the ground.

grabbed, punched, slapped .... the head was put in contact with the ground. Severity is of the injuries is not what is in question.

all mr dna is doing is saying they were in contact with each other.

That's correct.

And one way to interpret the injuries is that Zimmerman was hit in the face and fell backwards on the concrete, which caused the abrasions.

The forensic pathologist testified that she felt that there were 3 times that Zimmerman's head may have hit the concrete but no more than six times. All of the injuries were insignificant. Thus it seems that Zimmerman's head made contact as a result of punches or slaps..but was never deliberately "slammed" into the concrete.

That is a very serious inconsistency with Zimmerman's recollection of events.

Nutters stick together. If they think you are not a nutter.......if even for just a moment......they will swarm.

My greatest joy here occurs when a nutter is misunderstood by another nutter. The attack is swift. Followed by the " Hey! It's me!". The gesticulations that follow are a thing of beauty!

25 dude........if you are going to play devils advocate.........you have to let the dummies know in every post.

I would be happy if the GZ hanging jury here would at least look at the police transcript of the initial 9/11 call. That would keep many argument from being based on really erroneous assumptions:

Dispatcher: Sanford Police Department. ...

Zimmerman: Hey we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy, uh, [near] Retreat View Circle, um, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy is he white, black, or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

Dispatcher: Did you see what he was wearing? Zimmerman: Yeah. A dark hoodie, like a grey hoodie, and either jeans or sweatpants and white tennis shoes. He's [unintelligible], he was just staring...

Dispatcher: OK, he's just walking around the area...

Zimmerman: ...looking at all the houses.

Dispatcher: OK...

Zimmerman: Now he's just staring at me.

Dispatcher: OK--you said it's 1111 Retreat View? Or 111?

Zimmerman: That's the clubhouse...

Dispatcher: That's the clubhouse, do you know what the--he's near the clubhouse right now?

Zimmerman: Yeah, now he's coming towards me.

Dispatcher: OK.

Zimmerman: He's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a black male.

Dispatcher: How old would you say he looks?

Zimmerman: He's got button on his shirt, late teens.

Dispatcher: Late teens ok.

Zimmerman: Somethings wrong with him. Yup, he's coming to check me out, he's got something in his hands, I don't know what his deal is.

Dispatcher: Just let me know if he does anything ok

Zimmerman: How long until you get an officer over here?

Dispatcher: Yeah we've got someone on the way, just let me know if this guy does anything else.

Zimmerman: Okay. These assholes they always get away. When you come to the clubhouse you come straight in and make a left. Actually you would go past the clubhouse.

Dispatcher: So it's on the lefthand side from the clubhouse?

Zimmerman: No you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left...uh you go straight in, don't turn, and make a left. Shit he's running.

Dispatcher: He's running? Which way is he running?

Zimmerman: Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.

Dispatcher: Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?

Zimmerman: The back entrance...fucking [unintelligible]

Dispatcher: Are you following him?

Zimmerman: Yeah

Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that.

Zimmerman: Ok

Dispatcher: Alright sir what is your name? Zimmerman: George...He ran.

Dispatcher: Alright George what's your last name?

Zimmerman: Zimmerman

Dispatcher: And George what's the phone number you're calling from?

Zimmerman: [redacted by Mother Jones]

Dispatcher: Alright George we do have them on the way, do you want to meet with the officer when they get out there?

Zimmerman: Alright,

Dispatcher: where you going to meet with them at?

Zimmerman: If they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the club house, and uh, straight past the club house and make a left, and then they go past the mailboxes, that's my truck...[unintelligible]

Dispatcher: What address are you parked in front of? Zimmerman: I don't know, it's a cut through so I don't know the address.

Dispatcher: Okay do you live in the area?

Zimmerman: Yeah, I...[unintelligible]

Dispatcher: What's your apartment number? Zimmerman: It's a home it's 1950, oh crap I don't want to give it all out, I don't know where this kid is.

Dispatcher: Okay do you want to just meet with them right near the mailboxes then?

Zimmerman: Yeah that's fine.

Dispatcher: Alright George, I'll let them know to meet you around there okay?

Zimmerman: Actually could you have them call me and I'll tell them where I'm at?

Dispatcher: Okay, yeah that's no problem.

Zimmerman: Should I give you my number or you got it?

Dispatcher: Yeah I got it [redacted by Mother Jones]

Zimmerman: Yeah you got it.

Dispatcher: Okay no problem, I'll let them know to call you when you're in the area.

Zimmerman: Thanks
Dispatcher: You're welcome
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html

Last edited:
ANd the witness drones on... and on... and on... and on.

At the rate this is going, the state's defense team will rest their case sometime around Labor Day.

But that doesn't mean that Martin started the fight, if true. It merely means that at one point in time Martin may have had the upper hand in defending himself.

it also does not mean that zimmmerman started the fight.

911 tapes clearly state that zimmerman said he "lost him"

I googled it and his pal that testified for him claimed that Zimmerman said Martin grabbed his gun.

"Somehow I broke his grip on the gun when the guy grabbed between the grip and hammer," Osterman, author of "Defending our Friend: The Most Hated Man in America," said, quoting a Zimmerman he described as "stunned" and "detached. ...

Pal testifies that Zimmerman said Martin grabbed his gun

That wasn't in Zimmerman's statement.

No, so the guy must be lying and his testimony should be discounted.

No.

Zimmerman may have told him that.

Which further illustrates that Zimmerman's recall is in question.

First off, the injuries were very minor. They weren't at all life threatening.

Second off, Zimmerman STATED that Martin grabbed his head and slammed it multiple times on to the concrete.

I am going completely by the evidence..not conjecture.

Other than Zimmerman's statements, nothing supports that.

Not the severity of the injuries.

Not the DNA information gotten from Martin.

So unless you are going by a leap of faith, the statement by Zimmerman seems unlikely.

So far, zimmerman has not testified.

the evidence supports zimmermans head in contact with the ground.

grabbed, punched, slapped .... the head was put in contact with the ground. Severity is of the injuries is not what is in question.

all mr dna is doing is saying they were in contact with each other.

That's correct.

And one way to interpret the injuries is that Zimmerman was hit in the face and fell backwards on the concrete, which caused the abrasions.

The forensic pathologist testified that she felt that there were 3 times that Zimmerman's head may have hit the concrete but no more than six times. All of the injuries were insignificant. Thus it seems that Zimmerman's head made contact as a result of punches or slaps..but was never deliberately "slammed" into the concrete.

That is a very serious inconsistency with Zimmerman's recollection of events.

punched, slapped or grabbed... its still martin sitting on top of him dont all of that.

No they are not.

Hence this thread.

Zimmerman's statement is inconsistent with the evidence.

No they are not.

Hence this thread.

Zimmerman's statement is inconsistent with the evidence.

your thread was about dna under martins fingernails.

:tongue:

That's almost the shootin' match.

There's little evidence now that Martin "grabbed" Zimmerman head and slammed it into the concrete.

Hence the dispelling of one of the major Zimmerman's lies.

:eusa_whistle:

Well this news will devastate the defense claim that Trayvon viciously scratched Zimmerman.

Oh wait. That's NOT a defense claim.

Oh well. So much for this alarmist thread.

ANd the witness drones on... and on... and on... and on.

At the rate this is going, the state's defense team will rest their case sometime around Labor Day.

Let him run the clock out for today.

This is a good place to leave it with the jury for the day off.

Somewhere in stained shirt and jacket land.

The prosecution overcharged and they are living to regret it...they had political and social pressure to throw the book.

Manslaughter? Show negligence and let the jury decide

M2? You have to "prove" murder.

The two charges require a totally different approach to the trial. The evidence is not there for M2 and the states own witnesses are proving it.

Instead of there being a realistic shot at GZ serving some time for negligence, he will most likely get off. Personally? I think he should get off for M2? You have the state, who originally did not even arrest him now they are trying to prove murder going in direct contradiction with their own justification for not arresting and charging him in the first place. Sad sad sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back