The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

So far, zimmerman has not testified.

the evidence supports zimmermans head in contact with the ground.

grabbed, punched, slapped .... the head was put in contact with the ground. Severity is of the injuries is not what is in question.

all mr dna is doing is saying they were in contact with each other.

That's correct.

And one way to interpret the injuries is that Zimmerman was hit in the face and fell backwards on the concrete, which caused the abrasions.

The forensic pathologist testified that she felt that there were 3 times that Zimmerman's head may have hit the concrete but no more than six times. All of the injuries were insignificant. Thus it seems that Zimmerman's head made contact as a result of punches or slaps..but was never deliberately "slammed" into the concrete.

That is a very serious inconsistency with Zimmerman's recollection of events.

punched, slapped or grabbed... its still martin sitting on top of him dont all of that.

Zimmerman is in a unique position here..he's already admitted to fatally shooting another human being.

That's generally held as illegal.

And the standard for "self defense" is pretty high, since Martin was unarmed and not involved in any crime.

There are several very key points in his statement that are unsupported by the evidence.

Most importantly that his life was in danger.

ANd the witness drones on... and on... and on... and on.

At the rate this is going, the state's defense team will rest their case sometime around Labor Day.

Let him run the clock out for today.

This is a good place to leave it with the jury for the day off.

Somewhere in stained shirt and jacket land.

The judge seemed fairly eager for the State to wrap it up today, possibly Friday. I think court will run a little later than usual tonight.

Last edited:
I'm going to post this here because I think it has a direct reflection on the Zimmerman trial and bolsters the arguments made by several commenters in the thread.

If our resident Jedi (Mods) disagree, please accept a heartfelt and sincere 'oopsie' on my part :redface:

Poll: More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites Or Hispanics…

Even a plurality of blacks say they are the most racist. Which is a direct result of the left/media/Hollywood brainwashing people into thinking racism against whites is acceptable.

Via Rasmussen:

Americans consider blacks more likely to be racist than whites and Hispanics in this country.

Thirty-seven percent (37%) of American Adults think most black Americans are racist, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 15% consider most white Americans racist, while 18% say the same of most Hispanic Americans.

There is a huge ideological difference on this topic. Among conservative Americans, 49% consider most blacks racist, and only 12% see most whites that way. Among liberal voters, 27% see most white Americans as racist, and 21% say the same about black Americans.

From a partisan perspective, 49% of Republicans see most black Americans as racist, along with 36% of unaffiliated adults and 29% of Democrats.

Among black Americans, 31% think most blacks are racist, while 24% consider most whites racist and 15% view most Hispanics that way.

Among white adults, 10% think most white Americans are racist; 38% believe most blacks are racist, and 17% say most Hispanics are racist.

- See more at: Weasel Zippers | Scouring the bowels of the internet | Weasel Zippers

Edge:

I think this is dangerous.

That's correct.

And one way to interpret the injuries is that Zimmerman was hit in the face and fell backwards on the concrete, which caused the abrasions.

The forensic pathologist testified that she felt that there were 3 times that Zimmerman's head may have hit the concrete but no more than six times. All of the injuries were insignificant. Thus it seems that Zimmerman's head made contact as a result of punches or slaps..but was never deliberately "slammed" into the concrete.

That is a very serious inconsistency with Zimmerman's recollection of events.

punched, slapped or grabbed... its still martin sitting on top of him dont all of that.

Zimmerman is in a unique position here..he's already admitted to fatally shooting another human being.

And the standard for "self defense" is pretty high, since Martin was unarmed and not involved in any crime.

There are several very key points in his statement that are unsupported by the evidence.

you can also argue that gz was standing his ground.

It does not matter if any of us think his life was in danger. What is going to matter is if gz thought his life was in danger.

having someone sitting on top of you beating you up and grabbing for the gun.....

you tell me if you would "think" your life is in danger at the time.

i know i would think that in the moment it was all happening.

ANd the witness drones on... and on... and on... and on.

At the rate this is going, the state's defense team will rest their case sometime around Labor Day.

Let him run the clock out for today.

This is a good place to leave it with the jury for the day off.

Somewhere in stained shirt and jacket land.

The judge seemed fairly eager for the State to wrap it up today, possibly Friday. I think court will run a little later than usual tonight.

The court camera just flashed a shot of the jury...

n3tom.jpg

Well the defense team didn't do themselves any favors with the knock knock joke and other questionable parts of their opening statement.

But kudos to the defense for allowing the prosecution to alienate the jury via boredom. It worked when the prosecution went into days of interminable highly technical testimony of DNA evidence at the OJ trial. They so bored the jury that they completely blocked all that out.

Nice deflection.. SCOTUS... ROFL

So you conduct yourself inversely to SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) case law? :cuckoo:

Are you posting from jail or the poorhouse? :lol:

Your inability to deal with my posting relevant fact is not a deflection. :cuckoo:

Sorry. I just thought the statement SCOTUS law defines right & wrong was funny. I thought their job, primarily, was to determine the constitutionality of federal and state laws. Right and wrong... not so much.

Do we have to follow stupid laws that SCOTUS struck down? :cuckoo:

If you are acting the way you define as right, but against laws upheld by the SCOTUS, do you win? :cuckoo:

zimmerman has injuries, regardless of now minor consistent with his version of events.

an eye witness puts martin on top beating up on the person under him.

But that doesn't mean that Martin started the fight, if true. It merely means that at one point in time Martin may have had the upper hand in defending himself.

it also does not mean that zimmmerman started the fight.

911 tapes clearly state that zimmerman said he "lost him"
Right, it doesn't really tell us anything. And apparently Zimmerman "found" him again.

you can also argue that gz was standing his ground.

It does not matter if any of us think his life was in danger. What is going to matter is if gz thought his life was in danger.

having someone sitting on top of you beating you up and grabbing for the gun.....

you tell me if you would "think" your life is in danger at the time.

i know i would think that in the moment it was all happening.

They aren't going for a "Stand Your Ground" defense.

And the standard is a bit higher than merely "thinking" your life is in danger..it really has to be in danger.

So far it's been established that Martin wasn't suffocating Zimmerman nor was he deliberately slamming his head against the concrete.

Thus what's left is the "going for the gun" part of the story. Which doesn't seem supported by the evidence either.

This case is laughable; the prosecutions case is based on Zimmerman provoking Martin into approaching him, and breaking his nose, and beating his brains out, or shooting him with his own gun. Martin was not cornered; he chose cofrontation, and violence, and forfeited his life.
From what I can tell, the prosecution would not have taken the case if not in fear of black racism. They probable don't want to win, and they are doing an excellent job of it.

But that doesn't mean that Martin started the fight, if true. It merely means that at one point in time Martin may have had the upper hand in defending himself.

Right, it doesn't really tell us anything. And apparently Zimmerman "found" him again.

you can also argue that martin found zimmerman and attacked.

you can also argue that martin found zimmerman and attacked.

Right. But again, with a self-defense defense, the burden is on Zimmerman to prove it was self-defense.

No, so the guy must be lying and his testimony should be discounted.

No.

Zimmerman may have told him that.

Which further illustrates that Zimmerman's recall is in question.
Well...he did say he had a really bad memory, which is why he had to get out of his car and "look for a street sign."

Which also makes no sense.

Instead of looking for a street sign on the well lit part of where he was, he chooses to cross a dark courtyard where a "dangerous individual" may be lurking.

No.

Zimmerman may have told him that.

Which further illustrates that Zimmerman's recall is in question.
Well...he did say he had a really bad memory, which is why he had to get out of his car and "look for a street sign."

Which also makes no sense.

Instead of looking for a street sign on the well lit part of where he was, he chooses to cross a dark courtyard wear a "dangerous individual" may be lurking.
And where no street signs exist.

Nice deflection.. SCOTUS... ROFL

So you conduct yourself inversely to SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States) case law? :cuckoo:

Are you posting from jail or the poorhouse? :lol:

Your inability to deal with my posting relevant fact is not a deflection. :cuckoo:

Sorry. I just thought the statement SCOTUS law defines right & wrong was funny. I thought their job, primarily, was to determine the constitutionality of federal and state laws. Right and wrong... not so much.

You should not think. You are inept at thinking and your repeated failed attempts only bring embarrassment for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back