The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I was SHOCKED when ManAss, while arguing against the motion to dismiss (?) threw out that, IF the Judge did not feel the P had made a case for M2 then the motion should be denied because they still had manslaughter out there to be decided upon as a lesser included charge.

That admission, given their strong stance pre-trial, was astonishing to me. Covering their bases, yes, but also he knew it needed to be said. (Even though manslaughter does not apply either, IMO.)

It means nothing. That is just SOP. Every lawyer does it. Even defense lawyers.

Last edited:
That didn't happen.
ART_brain-on-drugs.jpg

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

The prosecution has been heard. And still..............

Actually, I was SHOCKED when ManAss, while arguing against the motion to dismiss (?) threw out that, IF the Judge did not feel the P had made a case for M2 then the motion should be denied because they still had manslaughter out there to be decided upon as a lesser included charge.

That admission, given their strong stance pre-trial, was astonishing to me. Covering their bases, yes, but also he knew it needed to be said. (Even though manslaughter does not apply either, IMO.)

SOP SantaFeWay.. it is not uncommon to argue:

I was not there, I did not do it and besides that, I was pushed.

They do have to introduce some evidence for self defense otherwise, the defense should just go home. We'll let them know how it works out.

The state has already conceded that there is a prima facie showing of self defense during the motion for acquittal.

Well, it's all over then, right? Close this thread, get the case off of HLN and we'll all just move along. :cuckoo:

Don't you just hate to lose ?

IlarMeilyr said:
No. He didn't "start" or "cause" anything. He saw someone whom he found to be suspicious and as he was entirely permitted to do, he followed the young man.

That is not "starting" anything.

it was INDEED a matter of innocently being there. For GZ.

And no. Following is NOT stalking. That's just more baseless spin by those who seek to "get" GZ. What all of you leave out of your analyses is the fact that you have YET to show that GZ actually DID anything wrong.

You are one dumb racist BAHSTURD. Your right wing politician heroes promulgated the Stand Your Ground Laws supposedly so people who feel threatened can KILL on the slightest provocation without fear of prosecution. Following someone in a manner that causes them to be concerned for their safety is indeed such a provocation, shitbird! If Martin would have killed Zimmerman by any means necessary he would have been justified under SYG. Too bad he wasn't armed!

I'm not the racist, you scum sucking asshole. You are.

And you are so massively stupid that you STILL think this case has anything to do with "stand your ground." :cuckoo:

It does not.

Meanwhile, you shit stain cock sucker, it is STILL true that following somebody is NOT starting anything in the way of a physical altercation.

If A follows B causing B to be concerned, B may inquire of A. But B is NOT allowed to assault A over the mere "provocation" of having been followed or being "offended" by being followed.

You are a racist shit heel motherfucking, cock-sucking, asshole-licking moron.

Was John Brown a racist? Were the white Freedom riders racist? Was the Warren Court racist? I think I am cut from the same cloth as they were! You, OTOH are nothing more than a morbid reflection of the racism that plagues this country even in the 21st century!
Your fowl mouth shows what a shit bird you really are...you are losing it lad... you are losing it... IS THAT ALL YOU GOT?

My hope is that the defense doesn't get over-confident because the trial has gone almost entirely their way so far.

O'Mara is smarter than that, I'm sure. I want to see them hammer it home. Leave no doubt. Convince the doubters. Slam the lid on it. Firmly establish self-defense in this case so it will be finished here without recrimination.

Unfortunately GZ still will have to face a civil suit by the Martins. Although a win here will not prevent a win there, at least it will give him a short leg to stand on. Jumping the gun...get to that when it happens.

SOP SantaFeWay.. it is not uncommon to argue:

I was not there, I did not do it and besides that, I was pushed.

You should have heard the lawyer's list of alternatives in the civil case, Mercer v HCA! I think it was about 6 pages long.

My hope is that the defense doesn't get over-confident because the trial has gone almost entirely their way so far.

O'Mara is smarter than that, I'm sure. I want to see them hammer it home. Leave no doubt. Convince the doubters. Slam the lid on it. Firmly establish self-defense in this case so it will be finished here without recrimination.

Unfortunately GZ still will have to face a civil suit by the Martins. Although a win here will not prevent a win there, at least it will give him a short leg to stand on. Jumping the gun...get to that when it happens.

I'm not sure there will be a civil case. The judge for that might allow little Tampon's past to be brought in, and momma and the baby-daddy wouldn't like that.

I do understand the SOP. In some cases it just seems like baseless, shallow, boilerplate crap. Guess that's the way it's done.

images

Did George Zimmerman use Bandaid brand for his life threatening injuries?

The ME proved that the head banging on the cement was embellished...granted she was just looking at pictures...she said she believed it was slammed once and thats how he got both injuries...even if it was twice as the defense says...its a far cry from the way GZ described it.

If trayvon were alive to defend these embellishments, he could make a great case for self defense against someone with a gun following him in the dark.

One side wants to believe that it was trayvon in the wrong for going back and asking why...in other words he approached GZ...well what about the following that was initiated by GZ...to me that is what provoked it all. Dont follow in the dark and you wont get punched for doing so. Lesson learned.

I think M O'M is well aware they're in the back of the line and hasn't begun to show their hand. If anyone could get some justice in an unjust situation it's this team.

[MENTION=11865]Luissa[/MENTION]: [MENTION=20285]Intense[/MENTION]: [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]: how come this thread was unstickied? Perhaps it can be redone in the Law and Justice Forum?

If it's a popular thread, it shouldn't need to be stickied. I generally like to reserve stickies for Forum announcement threads.

Understood, sir!

:D

images

Did George Zimmerman use Bandaid brand for his life threatening injuries?

The ME proved that the head banging on the cement was embellished...granted she was just looking at pictures...she said she believed it was slammed once and thats how he got both injuries...even if it was twice as the defense says...its a far cry from the way GZ described it.

If trayvon were alive to defend these embellishments, he could make a great case for self defense against someone with a gun following him in the dark.

One side wants to believe that it was trayvon in the wrong for going back and asking why...in other words he approached GZ...well what about the following that was initiated by GZ...to me that is what provoked it all. Dont follow in the dark and you wont get punched for doing so. Lesson learned.

I heard that. Hopefully the jury was listening well.

I'm not sure there will be a civil case. The judge for that might allow little Tampon's past to be brought in, and momma and the baby-daddy wouldn't like that.

In a civil suit, if GZ prevails because of self defense he will be entitled to recover his attorney fees and some damages. Additionally, any judgment obtained by the family of TM would be very difficult to collect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back