The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The question is, do they believe Martin deserved to die because he was black? Because they certainly are convinced he deserved to die and they believed that waaaaaaaaay before the trial started.

How many times would you allow your head to be slammed into concrete before your feared for your life? Simple question, how about you answer it.
I wouldn't get out of my car and follow someone I thought was dangerous to begin with.

Or, Sarie, I guess you can just ignore the question.

That would sure be easier than having to admit that even you now realize that an acquittal is warranted based on the STATE'S failure to prove the case Beyond a Reasonable Doubt.

If I hear one person say the state over charged I'm gonna barf. Self defense is an absolute defense. It wouldn't matter what they charged him with. If he claims he acted in self defense and can show that, he must be acquitted. There is no different burden of proof. He killed Martin. That's admitted. There is no issue there as to whether it was premeditated or whatever. His reason for doing so is SD. In order to counter that the state must show a reasonable person would not be in fear.

If you would read my follow up you would see that I completely agree with you. However, after he was ultimately charged, there was no way to prove murder 2, so that is an over charge.

Lets be clear though, neither Murder 2 or Manslaughter are plausible.

I agree with you. However, there is a body, and if you are going to charge someone with a felony it has to be one of the two. Can they prove either one? I don't think so. Does his self defense hold up? Hell yea. Shouldn't have been brought to trial.

Why is the Zimmerman case devided so sharply along partisan lines? With only a very few exceptions the lefties here believe GZ is guilty and the conservatives wait until the trial is over. I couldn't understand why, since GZ isn't white, the lefties were so ready to string him up.

Moments ago, it hit me.

It's only partially about race. True, if TM was white or hispanic, no one would care, but race isn't the real reason they want GZ to fry. It's guns.

GZ defended himself with a gun and a black man is dead. They cannot stand the thought that GZ might have legally used a gun to defend himself. It's about guns, and self-defense and even Stand-Your-Ground.

If GZ is convicted, they can use this case to revive their efforts to take away our rights and that is THE issue.

The left never ever cares about right and wrong, they only care about winning.

It's Zimmerman's contention that he defended himself. If events didn't unfold in exactly the way Zimmerman says, he certainly has a motivation to lie, though, doesn't he? Who doesn't understand that?

I remember when I was a kid and did something that I just KNEW would get me in trouble. As a consequence, I lied to my parents in an effort to avoid that possibility. In fact, something I read about 20 years ago stated that trying to avoid punishment is the overwhelming main reason why ALL people lie. That includes adults who screw up something and know they're going to catch hell if truth be told.

Now, conservatives like to say that they see the world how it is instead of through rose-colored glasses like they seem to believe liberals see the world. Well, are conservatives here going to tell me that they don't believe that someone who commits a crime isn't inclined to lie his ass off if he thinks it will make the difference between going to prison and going free?

This question here is why are conservatives so willing to believe Zimmerman when there is so much about his story that just doesn't ring true.

Last edited:
Thta's bull shit and you know it. Me and most of the conservatives here stated quite clearly that we don't know what happened, we weren't there. We only objected to the lefties who had him convicted without knowing the evidence, without even a trial.

You are lying out of your ass.

The bed wetters went so far as to doctor the 911 evidence, and manipulate the public by portraying TM as a puffy faced 12 year old, and GZ as a stereotypical white guy in a pickup truck.

We're dealing with some truly sick people here.

As I stated in the OP, the left doesn't give a shit about right or wrong, they only care about winning. It's their M.O. you see it in every elected democrat official, every democrat policy, and every political argument.

I tend to let others argue with them. Liberals are usually backing an indefensible position.

One thing I learned from Alinsky:
a leftist zealot said:
Rule 5: Ridicule is man's most potent weapon.

With as stupid as these bed wetters are, the ammo is unlimited.

Unlike our good pal, Sarie, the jurors are all but certain to realize that the EVIDENCE shows that TM was ON TOP of GZ (as the balance of the evidence demonstrates).

They don't even have to be sold on that. If they aren't sure that TM was on top, then that creates reasonable doubt.

You are confused on the function of reasonable doubt. In this country, no one gets convicted on reasonable doubt. Reasonable doubt is the bar that the prosecution has to hurdle over to get a conviction. The have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that GZ did not act in self-defense.

That is the only way reasonable doubt comes into play.

You're assuming Zimmerman initiated the confrontation. The Evidence doesn't support that.

It's not an assumption. Didn't Zimmerman call the police on Martin who was doing nothing wrong? And didn't he continue to follow him after he was told not to? This confrontation was his fault. Had he minded his own business this wouldn't have happened.

1) Calling the police doesn't create a confrontation.
2) Following someone doesn't create a confrontation. Especially after you stop following and are walking back to your car.
3) He was never told not to follow. He was told he didn't have to.
4) The only evidence we have is evidence supporting Trayvon jumping Zimmerman.

Now could Zimmerman have started the fight? It's possible. There is absolutely no evidence of that, but it's possible. But the Prosecution has the burden to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. The Prosecution was completely unable to prove that Zimmerman caused the confrontation.

That's the facts of the case. You're assuming Zimmerman started the confrontation. There is no evidence of that. Period.

If he hadn't been following Martin there would not have been a confrontation. What part of that do you not understand?

Best part of the Dr's testimony was where he explained the stunning effects of the skull impacts by saying (paraphrased) "If you've every hit your head really hard, you know what that feels like".

Instead of trying to relate the injuries in words, he gave the jury a frame of reference, a first hand example.

I've rang my own bell just a few weeks ago, and the experience lept to my mind as soon as the Doctor made the statement.

I raised up too quickly and hit my head on an I beam...thought I had cracked my skull open...hurt like a sombitch...I had so sit down.

Who hasn't done similar?

And the jury now has that first hand head injury experience in their mind...

Excellent testimony.
Yep. I could so relate to his testimony.

I used to keep pictures on the tv, before flat screens, and dusting one day a glass frame fell on my head and I was out cold for a few seconds, maybe only 20. Scared my husband to death.

No cuts, no blood and definately no stitches but man-o-man it hurt.

(Lesson here...don't dust :))

just curious. who was on top?:eusa_angel:

Who

Oh that's first.

Whats on top.

Read?

I've been around guns since the age of seven.

I know all I need to know.

Point. Shoot. Done.

That's what Zimmerman did and a kid is dead.

As I said, you don't KNOW shit about guns. You have certainly seen a lot of guns used in movies but I doubt you could field strip a bolt action .22 which I learned to do when I was 7.

That was the gun I was introduced too. A bolt action .22 caliber rifle. Never took it apart. Just shot it.

Believe me I could tell. That's why I made the statement I did. Normally I like your posts but on this issue you are just flat wrong. Politics and race have nothing to do with this case (nor should they ever), flat out GZ is a dumb jackass.

We don't know what occurred that terrible night but we can look at the evidence and make a very well informed assumption...or series of assumptions if you will.

We KNOW that GZ followed TM and called 9/11.
We KNOW that 9/11 told him they didn't need him to follow TM.
We KNOW that eventually GZ broke off his tail and started to walk back to his truck.
We KNOW that TM then followed GZ back to GZ's truck and began to assault GZ.
We KNOW that GZ had water stains on his back and that TM had water stains on his knees.
We KNOW the GZ had a bashed in nose and lacerations on the back of his head.
We KNOW that TM had abrasions on his hand and a gunshot wound to his torso.

ALL the rest is BS that you, and a whole host of other pundits and ambulance chasers have spewed out in an attempt to influence the jury and the legal system. It began with that scumbag NBC PA who edited the 9/11 tape to make it seem as if GZ was a racist and it has continued on with scurrilous bastards like Spike Lee and others like him.

The facts are we KNOW that GZ is not racist. Period. Any claim that he is ignores every bit of evidence that he wasn't,and casts the utterer as a non-thinking propagandist.

W also know that a young man was tragically killed in the prime of his life. We also know that he was complicit in his death. He too could have simply walked away but he didn't. He CHOSE to pursue GZ back to GZ's truck. At that point,while GZ certainly instigated the encounter, TM (IMO) escalated that encounter to its tragic end.

The trial is both equal parts race and guns.

Please understand there are only two groups of "supervictims." Blacks and Jews. Anyone doing anything against either group, or individual of either group is a racist.

If Zimmy was Jewish---at least a liberal democrat with connections--- this never would have made it further than the 3rd page on the local paper.

The leftists in the major news media and governments are absoulety opposed to stand your ground laws. For the power elite like mayor Bloomberg and Obama, it is allowable for your own personal bodyguards to shoot people threating you, but for simple common people----they are too unworthy of this right.

As I said, you don't KNOW shit about guns. You have certainly seen a lot of guns used in movies but I doubt you could field strip a bolt action .22 which I learned to do when I was 7.

That was the gun I was introduced too. A bolt action .22 caliber rifle. Never took it apart. Just shot it.

Believe me I could tell. That's why I made the statement I did. Normally I like your posts but on this issue you are just flat wrong. Politics and race have nothing to do with this case (nor should they ever), flat out GZ is a dumb jackass.

We don't know what occurred that terrible night but we can look at the evidence and make a very well informed assumption...or series of assumptions if you will.

We KNOW that GZ followed TM and called 9/11.
We KNOW that 9/11 told him they didn't need him to follow TM.
We KNOW that eventually GZ broke off his tail and started to walk back to his truck.
We KNOW that TM then followed GZ back to GZ's truck and began to assault GZ.
We KNOW that GZ had water stains on his back and that TM had water stains on his knees.
We KNOW the GZ had a bashed in nose and lacerations on the back of his head.
We KNOW that TM had abrasions on his hand and a gunshot wound to his torso.

ALL the rest is BS that you, and a whole host of other pundits and ambulance chasers have spewed out in an attempt to influence the jury and the legal system. It began with that scumbag NBC PA who edited the 9/11 tape to make it seem as if GZ was a racist and it has continued on with scurrilous bastards like Spike Lee and others like him.

The facts are we KNOW that GZ is not racist. Period. Any claim that he is ignores every bit of evidence that he wasn't,and casts the utterer as a non-thinking propagandist.

W also know that a young man was tragically killed in the prime of his life. We also know that he was complicit in his death. He too could have simply walked away but he didn't. He CHOSE to pursue GZ back to GZ's truck. At that point,while GZ certainly instigated the encounter, TM (IMO) escalated that encounter to its tragic end.
How do you think Z got his gun if he was lying on top of it being beat?

Also, why didn't his medical exam uncover some nasty bruising on his lower back?

huh....that might be true for some people but for me it is about being the mother of teenagers in Florida and wanting them not to worry about some asswipe killing them simply because said asswipe thinks they are a danger. It is also about how wrong vigilante justice is.

:cuckoo:
^
That pretty much sums up your thinking.

Ha! At least he thinks. What can be said of you?

heh, you should have asked the OP that question.

I could have, if i had no clue what a straw man is. But I do, so I didn't.

The trial is all about guns and whether we have a right to self defense.

There's the strawman. The trial is about does someone have the right to get out of his car, follow a teen, and kill him with impunity? It is also about the stand your ground law, which should have applied to Martin since he was the one being followed and reported on when he had done nothing wrong.

Amazing isn't it.

In Florida you can follow a kid in the dark, shoot him for no reason, tell the coppers you are part of the neighborhood watch and they let you go.

Great place.

Why is the Zimmerman case devided so sharply along partisan lines? With only a very few exceptions the lefties here believe GZ is guilty and the conservatives wait until the trial is over. I couldn't understand why, since GZ isn't white, the lefties were so ready to string him up.

Moments ago, it hit me.

It's only partially about race. True, if TM was white or hispanic, no one would care, but race isn't the real reason they want GZ to fry. It's guns.

GZ defended himself with a gun and a black man is dead. They cannot stand the thought that GZ might have legally used a gun to defend himself. It's about guns, and self-defense and even Stand-Your-Ground.

If GZ is convicted, they can use this case to revive their efforts to take away our rights and that is THE issue.

The left never ever cares about right and wrong, they only care about winning.
huh....that might be true for some people but for me it is about being the mother of teenagers in Florida and wanting them not to worry about some asswipe killing them simply because said asswipe thinks they are a danger. It is also about how wrong vigilante justice is.

Yeah... a teen CAN'T be a danger when they are elbowing you, beating your head against the ground, etc :rolleyes:

Rather than limiting the ability of someone trying to defend themselves, I teach my kids not to do things like TM was accustomed to doing

Yep. I could so relate to his testimony.

I used to keep pictures on the tv, before flat screens, and dusting one day a glass frame fell on my head and I was out cold for a few seconds, maybe only 20. Scared my husband to death.

No cuts, no blood and definately no stitches but man-o-man it hurt.

(Lesson here...don't dust :))

just curious. who was on top?:eusa_angel:

Who

Oh that's first.

Whats on top.

What's on SECOND!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back