The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, but in this case there's an additional reason. If Z testifies among the train wreck of the explanations he's already given, the jury will see first hand how peculiar his character is.

"Train wreck" That's good. The only train wreck here is the prosecution's case. Zimmerman has been pretty consistent.

Liars always are.

So Zimmerman's explanations are a train wreck because they've been consistent all along? Are you on drugs?

Would it be reversible error, or an issue on appeal if he's found guilty of anything, this asking GZ whether or not he will take the stand IN FRONT OF THE JURY?

Never heard of that happening. I thought it was some kind of sanctity issue.

Or did I make that up? :shock:

Breaking News: QuickHitCurepon will appear on HLN's Nancy Grace tonight to yell and scream to a handful of viewers.

Yes, jury was out...so far.

But I think Bitchy is going to ask GZ IN JURY'S PRESENCE if he's going to testify or not.

Never seen that before.

FL procedure is odd to my way of seeing this.

What kind of question is that? Is there anybody YOU want your lawyers to call?

What if he said "yes?" Can a judge compel a lawyer to call a witness contrary to his best professional judgment?

And what is this shit about asking the defendant in front of the jury about if he's going to testify
?

I'm like..WTF???

Yes, jury was out...so far.

But I think Bitchy is going to ask GZ IN JURY'S PRESENCE if he's going to testify or not.

Never seen that before.

Im glad court is going faster but damn woman chilllllll. LOL

Im waiting on her face to turn red and start spinning with smoke coming out of her ears!

Does anyone have the pics of both the prosecutor and the judge?

I think they may be related some how.

EDIT: I'm talking about that lady, the District Attorney and the Judge.

Also, where's the "Laugh In" guy who said, "Here come the judge, here come the judge". Because this is all comedy.

Last edited:
FL procedure is odd to my way of seeing this.

What kind of question is that? Is there anybody YOU want your lawyers to call?

What if he said "yes?" Can a judge compel a lawyer to call a witness contrary to his best professional judgment?

And what is this shit about asking the defendant in front of the jury about if he's going to testify
?

I'm like..WTF???

the jury wasn't there

Would it be reversible error, or an issue on appeal if he's found guilty of anything, this asking GZ whether or not he will take the stand IN FRONT OF THE JURY?

Never heard of that happening. I thought it was some kind of sanctity issue.

Or did I make that up? :shock:

Putting FLORIDA law and Florida precedents aside (since I have no knowledge of those), I believe it is a U.S. Constitutional matter to ask that question of a criminal defendant in the presence of the jury.

In NY, it is usual for a defendant to simply have the Court instruct the jury that they are entitled to draw no inference unfavorable to a defendant from the fact that he may not have testified...

But wow. I can't believe it would be appropriate to ASK the defendant to say anything at all in front of the jury especially about a Constitutional concern like his decision to testify or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back