The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. That closing was colossally underwhelming.

Master Stamina is up tomorrow: 8:30AM! Be there or be square! :popcorn:

Prepare yourself for a forthright and smooth presentation intertwining evidence, law, and common sense - a lesson on how it should be done.

Bring. It. On. :tongue:

I thought Judge Mope said 8:00 A.M.

Are we playing this game again? You're just wanting to hear "the Rat is right" again.

Does anyone watching this still believe in the justice system?

No wonder so many poor blacks are in prison.

The prosecutors lie, twist the facts, ignore the law, take evidence and testimony out of context, connive, cheat, ambush...and we call this the "justice" system???

What a joke...

speaking of that--How did GZ manage to find Mark O'Mara to represent him?

I avoided knowing much about this trial until it was inevitable.

O'Mara certainly seems to be top of the line. I can google.

eta: meager results--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_O'Mara

He certainly sounds like he has spent time in the NE.

more--
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04/12/mark-o-mara-george-zimmerman-s-new-lawyer.html

Yes--it is difficult to have confidence in the justice system after a day like this and historically there have been many.

I suppose Sean Hannity will have some encouraging words. 'Let not your heart be troubled'.

Something is so seriously wrong--that is all I know.

Last edited:
Well the prosecution has presented a closing argument that was decidedly underwhelming and so all over the place that I doubt the jury came to any hard conclusion about what happened other than the prosecution did their level best to brand Zimmerman as lying, racist, scum. Good tactic? I don't think I would be impressed if I was on that jury, but then I know a lot more about this case than they have been allowed to know so I can't claim much objectivity at this point.

I do hope the Defense is going to be on point tomorrow, present a clear line of their version of what happened, and a clear picture of what led to the tragic shooting of Trayvon Martin. If they do, I can't see how any impartial jury could arrive at a verdict of Murder 2 or manslaughter beyond any reasonable doubt.

I think the ladies are liking Mark O'Mara. O have been, and it takes a lot for a man to impress me. I think he is seriously cute, if only his hair were dyed a more natural color for a man his age. But then I have to remind people that even redheads my age have a little gray. LOL

We have a little Mark thing going on because he's an ass kicker.

Edited for Stamina.

Last edited:
Yes he could.

Something else I'm disappointed that the defense didn't take up....

Some of our less intelligent Board members (leftists) have opined that it must have been St Skittles screaming for help because the screaming stopped when the round was fired.

Anybody here know how much punch a 9mm round has when it hits?

Now, we're not talking a Ma Deuce or an M1 Garand or something like that but a 9mm round, even from a short-barreled hand gun hits about as hard as a punch from a professional fighter... About 500 ft-lbs of energy.

If you're in mid-scream and get shot in the chest by a 9mm round? You're gonna make some pretty strange noises before you fall over. Especially if it penetrates your lung, like this one did.

Nobody did. The shouting just stopped. Like it would if Z had shot St Skittles and was no longer in fear of his life and just realized he was in deep shit.

He got shot straight through the heart. That would instantaneously silence the victim causing a catastrophic dip in blood pressure.

No. That's not always how it works.

It was testified to in Court that a man was shot in the chest with double-ought buck, SHREDDING his heart and he ran a measured 65 feet before he fell down, dead.

Don't drink the Kool Aid

Does anyone watching this still believe in the justice system?

No wonder so many poor blacks are in prison.

The prosecutors lie, twist the facts, ignore the law, take evidence and testimony out of context, connive, cheat, ambush...and we call this the "justice" system???

What a joke...

I was hauled up in class one night for saying something critical about public defenders, so I won't go there on this post because I was informed by the prof that most public defenders will be a better advocate than the lawyer who stops defending you because you violate "Rule number 1" the first time you are late on your payment. Zimmerman would not have had such good representation were it not for people who contributed to his defense. I didn't contribute to it, but I would contribute to his 'get out of the country' fund for him and his family if there is one WHEN he is found to be NOT guilty.

Yes he could.

Some of our less intelligent Board members (leftists) have opined that it must have been St Skittles screaming for help because the screaming stopped when the round was fired.

Now, we're not talking a Ma Deuce or an M1 Garand or something like that but a 9mm round, even from a short-barreled hand gun hits about as hard as a punch from a professional fighter... About 500 ft-lbs of energy.

If you're in mid-scream and get shot in the chest by a 9mm round? You're gonna make some pretty strange noises before you fall over. Especially if it penetrates your lung, like this one did.

Nobody did. The shouting just stopped. Like it would if Z had shot St Skittles and was no longer in fear of his life and just realized he was in deep shit.

He got shot straight through the heart. That would instantaneously silence the victim causing a catastrophic dip in blood pressure.

It was testified to in Court that a man was shot in the chest with double-ought buck, SHREDDING his heart and he ran a measured 65 feet before he fell down, dead.

Don't drink the Kool Aid

It was also said that if someone ripped out your heart that you could talk for up to 10-15 seconds. Quick doesn't worry about things like testimony or evidence. He deals in assumptions.

Yes he could.

Don't drink the Kool Aid

Read the link I posted early about the autopsy. A bullet going directly into the heart is not the same at all as a pellet going into or near it. Unless you can provide a link to that story where the autopsy showed the shotgun blast tore a large hole in the heart, it's not the same.

I believe that GZ will get railroaded by this jury. After OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony, I have no trust at all in a jury. GZ would have been better off if the Sanford PD had arrested him and tried him then. Al Sharpton wouldn't have gotten involved, and a jury could be found that would make the right decision.

Hell, whether he gets convicted or not, his life is over. The only good thing to come out of the whole incident is that a useless wanna-be thug is dead.

Don't drink the Kool Aid

It was also said that if someone ripped out your heart that you could talk for up to 10-15 seconds. Quick doesn't worry about things like testimony or evidence. He deals in assumptions.

Anything's possible. lol

Don't drink the Kool Aid

Read the link I posted early about the autopsy. A bullet going directly into the heart is not the same at all as a pellet going into or near it. Unless you can provide a link to that story where the autopsy showed the shotgun blast tore a large hole in the heart, it's not the same.

The leading forensics scientist in the world told the story to the jury when he testified. Fuck your link request.

Are you suggesting that's what happened?

I think that zimmerman followed Martin after Martin tried to get away from him. I think that Martin felt threatened, that's why he initially ran from him. I think that zimmerman got out of his truck in order to pursue Martin. I think that they some how met up with each other when the confrontation began, and one if not more of the three actions I referenced happened.
To my knowledge, none of you have answered my question: If Trayvon disappear into the darkness and Zimmerman walked over a hundred feet and back to his truck, how did Trayvon show up at the same place if he was trying to get away from Zimmerman? There's about a two minute gap in there where Trayvon could likely have sneaked on home to safety.

Any takers?

How did you arrive at the amount of feet that zimmerman allegedly walked to his truck, from zimmerman's statement? If gz thought he saw something in TM's hands, why did he get out of his truck in order to follow him? Maybe TM circled around the wrong way and suddenly encountered his pursuer, and then the confrontation happened? Why would TM have to "sneak home"? He had a right to walk in that neighborhood and not be followed around and harassed by an irresponsible idiot with a firearm.

Don't drink the Kool Aid

Anything's possible. lol

Anything's possible is not beyond a reasonable doubt.

I think the ladies are liking Mark O'Mara. O have been, and it takes a lot for a man to impress me. I think he is seriously cute, if only his hair were dyed a more natural color for a man his age. But then I have to remind people that even redheads my age have a little gray. LOL

Even from a male perspective, he is pretty impressive. He has quiet confidence, he is composed, and quickly recognizes when he needs to change his attitude to get the desired effect. He even seems like the type of attorney you would want to be opposed to. He's just a likable guy.

Even from a male perspective, he is pretty impressive. He has quiet confidence, he is composed, and quickly recognizes when he needs to change his attitude to get the desired effect. He even seems like the type of attorney you would want to be opposed to. He's just a likable guy.

Ha HA! The guys have a little Mark thing going on too! I thought it was all about evidence cutie.

Tell the truth - it's his #Stamina. It's ok, you're among friends, you can be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back