The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. That closing was colossally underwhelming.

Master Stamina is up tomorrow: 8:30AM! Be there or be square! :popcorn:

Prepare yourself for a forthright and smooth presentation intertwining evidence, law, and common sense - a lesson on how it should be done.

Bring. It. On. :tongue:

And Bernies final score is...

Assholes =16 (11 verbal, 3 screen, 2 tape)
Fucking punks = 13 (10 verbal, 2 screen, 1 tape)
Motherfucker = 2 (1 verbal, 1 tape)

Let's see if John Guy can top that tomorrow.

Once at a seminar, I sat and ticked off the number of times a presenter said 'um' in 10 minutes. Over 600. That went into the evaluation of the event.

One juror, according to people in the court room, refuses to make eye contact with the prosecutor. Two current or former CCW holders. Another who is a stay at home mom whose family are gun owners. Just don't see them convicting on murder 2. Don't think they convict on manslaughter either, because the focus was Murder 2 in the closing. That's what was pushed on them.

Juries are often very happy to compromise and hand out lesser charges.

the sad reality of this is that those jurers are scared shitless of what might happen to them if the acquit GZ.

There's a lot of wisdom in those words.

This is a product of the media and the racist living in the whitehouse. If TM was white, the case would not have ever made the national news and would probably been thrown out by the grand jury because of no evidence to prove guilt.

It sure did seem like it took a LOT of pressure for them to bring charges, but also, they often want to build the case and have it pat before going ahead with it. If TM were white, yea, we very possibly wouldn't have heard of the case, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't have still been prosecuted under the radar. But yes.

One juror, according to people in the court room, refuses to make eye contact with the prosecutor. Two current or former CCW holders. Another who is a stay at home mom whose family are gun owners. Just don't see them convicting on murder 2. Don't think they convict on manslaughter either, because the focus was Murder 2 in the closing. That's what was pushed on them.

Juries are often very happy to compromise and hand out lesser charges.

Something to consider. Most women have been exposed to young, cocky, intimidating, over-assertive Black teenage Males at some point in their lives.

Having an all-woman Jury is a double-edged sword in this case.

Believe it.

Also a lot of people feel like when you add a charge at the end of the trial it is because you didn't make your case, and are not going to help out the prosecution. They are showing their hand that they don't think they are going to get a conviction when you try to throw in an obscure charge on the day of closing statements.

Prepare yourself for a forthright and smooth presentation intertwining evidence, law, and common sense - a lesson on how it should be done.

I thought Judge Mope said 8:00 A.M.

I suspect he is withholding some stuff that came out earlier because he has to have something to use for rebuttal of the Defense's closing. The prosecution gets a brief rebuttal to the Defense, but the Defense normally does not get a rebuttal to the Prosecution's rebuttal. It will be interesting to watch for.

Why wouldn't you use your best to bolster your own case? The only one you have the power to control the flow of ideas. :confused:

I suspect he is withholding some stuff that came out earlier because he has to have something to use for rebuttal of the Defense's closing. The prosecution gets a brief rebuttal to the Defense, but the Defense normally does not get a rebuttal to the Prosecution's rebuttal. It will be interesting to watch for.

It will just be another new theory.

Are you suggesting that's what happened?

I think that zimmerman followed Martin after Martin tried to get away from him. I think that Martin felt threatened, that's why he initially ran from him. I think that zimmerman got out of his truck in order to pursue Martin. I think that they some how met up with each other when the confrontation began, and one if not more of the three actions I referenced happened.
To my knowledge, none of you have answered my question: If Trayvon disappear into the darkness and Zimmerman walked over a hundred feet and back to his truck, how did Trayvon show up at the same place if he was trying to get away from Zimmerman? There's about a two minute gap in there where Trayvon could likely have sneaked on home to safety.

Any takers?

Yes he could.

Something else I'm disappointed that the defense didn't take up....

Some of our less intelligent Board members (leftists) have opined that it must have been St Skittles screaming for help because the screaming stopped when the round was fired.

Anybody here know how much punch a 9mm round has when it hits?

Now, we're not talking a Ma Deuce or an M1 Garand or something like that but a 9mm round, even from a short-barreled hand gun hits about as hard as a punch from a professional fighter... About 500 ft-lbs of energy.

If you're in mid-scream and get shot in the chest by a 9mm round? You're gonna make some pretty strange noises before you fall over. Especially if it penetrates your lung, like this one did.

Nobody did. The shouting just stopped. Like it would if Z had shot St Skittles and was no longer in fear of his life and just realized he was in deep shit.

Does anyone watching this still believe in the justice system?

No wonder so many poor blacks are in prison.

The prosecutors lie, twist the facts, ignore the law, take evidence and testimony out of context, connive, cheat, ambush...and we call this the "justice" system???

What a joke...

Well the prosecution has presented a closing argument that was decidedly underwhelming and so all over the place that I doubt the jury came to any hard conclusion about what happened other than the prosecution did their level best to brand Zimmerman as lying, racist, scum. Good tactic? I don't think I would be impressed if I was on that jury, but then I know a lot more about this case than they have been allowed to know so I can't claim much objectivity at this point.

I do hope the Defense is going to be on point tomorrow, present a clear line of their version of what happened, and a clear picture of what led to the tragic shooting of Trayvon Martin. If they do, I can't see how any impartial jury could arrive at a verdict of Murder 2 or manslaughter beyond any reasonable doubt.

I'm trying to figure out what the point of all that was other than the Bernster needs a 'puter and ppt upgrade and get into this century but the ringing in my ears hasn't subsided yet.

This I get. Down wit dat!

Last edited:
Yes he could.

Something else I'm disappointed that the defense didn't take up....

Some of our less intelligent Board members (leftists) have opined that it must have been St Skittles screaming for help because the screaming stopped when the round was fired.

Anybody here know how much punch a 9mm round has when it hits?

Now, we're not talking a Ma Deuce or an M1 Garand or something like that but a 9mm round, even from a short-barreled hand gun hits about as hard as a punch from a professional fighter... About 500 ft-lbs of energy.

If you're in mid-scream and get shot in the chest by a 9mm round? You're gonna make some pretty strange noises before you fall over. Especially if it penetrates your lung, like this one did.

Nobody did. The shouting just stopped. Like it would if Z had shot St Skittles and was no longer in fear of his life and just realized he was in deep shit.

He got shot straight through the heart. That would instantaneously silence the victim causing a catastrophic dip in blood pressure.

Edit: If there were still some sounds coming from him, they would without doubt be too low to be heard from outside into the lady's apartment where the 911 call was recorded.

Last edited:
Well the prosecution has presented a closing argument that was decidedly underwhelming and so all over the place that I doubt the jury came to any hard conclusion about what happened other than the prosecution did their level best to brand Zimmerman as lying, racist, scum. Good tactic? I don't think I would be impressed if I was on that jury, but then I know a lot more about this case than they have been allowed to know so I can't claim much objectivity at this point.

I do hope the Defense is going to be on point tomorrow, present a clear line of their version of what happened, and a clear picture of what led to the tragic shooting of Trayvon Martin. If they do, I can't see how any impartial jury could arrive at a verdict of Murder 2 or manslaughter beyond any reasonable doubt.

I think the ladies are liking Mark O'Mara. O have been, and it takes a lot for a man to impress me. I think he is seriously cute, if only his hair were dyed a more natural color for a man his age. But then I have to remind people that even redheads my age have a little gray. LOL

I thought Judge Mope said 8:00 A.M.

I don't think so, Rat. First she said 9:00, then she changed it to 8:30, but if I am mistaken I apologize and stand corrected.

:eusa_angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back