The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he could.

Something else I'm disappointed that the defense didn't take up....

Some of our less intelligent Board members (leftists) have opined that it must have been St Skittles screaming for help because the screaming stopped when the round was fired.

Anybody here know how much punch a 9mm round has when it hits?

Now, we're not talking a Ma Deuce or an M1 Garand or something like that but a 9mm round, even from a short-barreled hand gun hits about as hard as a punch from a professional fighter... About 500 ft-lbs of energy.

If you're in mid-scream and get shot in the chest by a 9mm round? You're gonna make some pretty strange noises before you fall over. Especially if it penetrates your lung, like this one did.

Nobody did. The shouting just stopped. Like it would if Z had shot St Skittles and was no longer in fear of his life and just realized he was in deep shit.

He got shot straight through the heart. That would instantaneously silence the victim causing a catastrophic dip in blood pressure.

No. That's not always how it works.

It was testified to in Court that a man was shot in the chest with double-ought buck, SHREDDING his heart and he ran a measured 65 feet before he fell down, dead.

Don't drink the Kool Aid

Is that a norm or an anomaly? Did it hit him directly in his heart?

Juries are often very happy to compromise and hand out lesser charges.

the sad reality of this is that those jurers are scared shitless of what might happen to them if the acquit GZ.

There's a lot of wisdom in those words.

This is a product of the media and the racist living in the whitehouse. If TM was white, the case would not have ever made the national news and would probably been thrown out by the grand jury because of no evidence to prove guilt.

It sure did seem like it took a LOT of pressure for them to bring charges, but also, they often want to build the case and have it pat before going ahead with it. If TM were white, yea, we very possibly wouldn't have heard of the case, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't have still been prosecuted under the radar. But yes.

The police chief of Sanford (a black man) was fired for not filing murder charges against GZ. This entire case sucks of racism of the worst kind.

I think the ladies are liking Mark O'Mara. O have been, and it takes a lot for a man to impress me. I think he is seriously cute, if only his hair were dyed a more natural color for a man his age. But then I have to remind people that even redheads my age have a little gray. LOL

Even from a male perspective, he is pretty impressive. He has quiet confidence, he is composed, and quickly recognizes when he needs to change his attitude to get the desired effect. He even seems like the type of attorney you would want to be opposed to. He's just a likable guy.

Ha HA! The guys have a little Mark thing going on too! I thought it was all about evidence cutie.

Tell the truth - it's his #Stamina. It's ok, you're among friends, you can be honest.

Don't tell them about Evidence Cutie.

She's MINE!!!!!

Does anyone watching this still believe in the justice system?

No wonder so many poor blacks are in prison.

The prosecutors lie, twist the facts, ignore the law, take evidence and testimony out of context, connive, cheat, ambush...and we call this the "justice" system???

What a joke...

I was hauled up in class one night for saying something critical about public defenders, so I won't go there on this post because I was informed by the prof that most public defenders will be a better advocate than the lawyer who stops defending you because you violate "Rule number 1" the first time you are late on your payment. Zimmerman would not have had such good representation were it not for people who contributed to his defense. I didn't contribute to it, but I would contribute to his 'get out of the country' fund for him and his family if there is one WHEN he is found to be NOT guilty.

I wonder how his father and his uncle will fare.

Another thing I wonder--why is there no talk of a foundation for Trayvon? It seems like that is what is done now to honor the memory of a victim. Maybe there is and I have had my head in the sand.

There are some good lawyers in FL --to be a fly on the wall when this case is discussed in private quarters. That would be interesting.

Is "Bald dude" done?

I took a nap and I had a dream that my wife rearranged the furniture and had all kinds of stuff all wrong. It was crazy!

I think the ladies are liking Mark O'Mara. O have been, and it takes a lot for a man to impress me. I think he is seriously cute, if only his hair were dyed a more natural color for a man his age. But then I have to remind people that even redheads my age have a little gray. LOL

Even from a male perspective, he is pretty impressive. He has quiet confidence, he is composed, and quickly recognizes when he needs to change his attitude to get the desired effect. He even seems like the type of attorney you would want to be opposed to. He's just a likable guy.

I agree he is. I think he sounds kind. I've been thinking he could just as easily have been a psychologist. He doesn't really come across as adversarial even though the process is adversarial. I'm guessing he has charmed all the ladies on the jury. West, not so sure, but the LL_45 did note they have been playing 'good lawyer/bad lawyer.' We even do that in psychiatry. I usually get to be the good one. LOL. My mean message board streak never seemed to show at work! LOL

No. That's not always how it works.

It was testified to in Court that a man was shot in the chest with double-ought buck, SHREDDING his heart and he ran a measured 65 feet before he fell down, dead.

Don't drink the Kool Aid

Read the link I posted early about the autopsy. A bullet going directly into the heart is not the same at all as a pellet going into or near it. Unless you can provide a link to that story where the autopsy showed the shotgun blast tore a large hole in the heart, it's not the same.

The leading forensics scientist in the world told the story to the jury when he testified. Fuck your link request.

Too lazy?

ZIMMERMAN TRIAL UPDATE: DEFENSE’S FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST SCHOO... - Care2 News Network

Another highlight was when Di Maio explained about how a person suffering a gunshot wound straight into the heart can continue to live, talk, and move for at least 10-15 seconds afterward, and up to as much as 1-3 minutes, if enough oxygen is still available to the brain. He gave the case example of a man who had taken a point-blank shotgun blast which had completely shredded his heart; the man was still able to run 65 feet, rounding the corner of a building before dropping.

I can only go on what they said since she didn't provide the key info that the heart was "shredded."

Just because one person can run the marathon in the Summer Olympics doesn't mean many can. A shot that tears a hole in your heart is almost surely going to silence you and just because you can run doesn't mean you can talk or make loud noises. Often a dying person will stagger or run out of desperation and reflex. Reflexes aren't audible.

Ha HA! The guys have a little Mark thing going on too! I thought it was all about evidence cutie.

Tell the truth - it's his #Stamina. It's ok, you're among friends, you can be honest.

LOL. One of the reasons I like to watch trials is to contrast the attorney's styles. Law really isn't that hard. It's black and white. How an attorney adds color to the facts of any case makes and/or breaks a case in trial. I would be lying to you if I told you otherwise.

But, from a totally hetero perspective, he's doing a good job of impressing me.

Don't tell them about Evidence Cutie.

She's MINE!!!!!

That'll just be our little secret.

LOL. One of the reasons I like to watch trials is to contrast the attorney's styles. Law really isn't that hard. It's black and white. How an attorney adds color to the facts of any case makes and/or breaks a case in trial. I would be lying to you if I told you otherwise.

No homo

From the map of the crime scene, it's impossible to believe that Martin went to attack Zimmerman at the truck because where he dies is so far away from the truck.

Zimmerman is lying.

To believe his story, you have to believe that after the 911 call was made, Martin reappears, circles his truck, and then walks away in the row of houses. Zimmerman is so scared by Martin coming back and circling his truck that he goes out afoot to follow Martin.

Where the altercation happens shows that Zimmerman was following Martin, and not the other way around.

We're also to believe that the mixed-martial artist with the gun and the prior record was having his head bashed into the pavement, was being punched in the face, was swallowing blood AND screaming like a teenager for help.

Zimmerman is lying, and the people who swallow his lies obviously haven't even looked at the map that shows where Martin was shot and killed in cold blood because of one vigilante's moronic assumptions.

the sad reality of this is that those jurers are scared shitless of what might happen to them if the acquit GZ.

There's a lot of wisdom in those words.

This is a product of the media and the racist living in the whitehouse. If TM was white, the case would not have ever made the national news and would probably been thrown out by the grand jury because of no evidence to prove guilt.

It sure did seem like it took a LOT of pressure for them to bring charges, but also, they often want to build the case and have it pat before going ahead with it. If TM were white, yea, we very possibly wouldn't have heard of the case, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't have still been prosecuted under the radar. But yes.

The police chief of Sanford (a black man) was fired for not filing murder charges against GZ. This entire case sucks of racism of the worst kind.

That's all it is...The black community wants to be violent and if you defend yourself=you're the bad guy. This is the future of our legal system.

Blacks have just made their choice not the be equals under our justice system. The rules of the jungle they have chosen.

Yeah, he is one of those people I'd like to have lunch with. Along with Golda Meier, George Washington, Shakespeare, Leonardo Da Vinci and some others. And yeah, I know a lot of my heroes are dead.

No homo

The Mark technique, stamina and clever ass kicking can flip 'em. The little Mark thing is a powerful thing.

Does anyone watching this still believe in the justice system?

No wonder so many poor blacks are in prison.

The prosecutors lie, twist the facts, ignore the law, take evidence and testimony out of context, connive, cheat, ambush...and we call this the "justice" system???

What a joke...

speaking of that--How did GZ manage to find Mark O'Mara to represent him?

I avoided knowing much about this trial until it was inevitable.

O'Mara certainly seems to be top of the line. I can google.

eta: meager results--
Mark O'Mara - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He certainly sounds like he has spent time in the NE.

more--
Mark O?Mara: George Zimmerman?s New Lawyer - The Daily Beast

Yes--it is difficult to have confidence in the justice system after a day like this and historically there have been many.

I suppose Sean Hannity will have some encouraging words. 'Let not your heart be troubled'.

Something is so seriously wrong--that is all I know.

I really don't know how Zimmerman and O'mara found each other, maybe someone else knows the answer to that.

This is the first trial I was interested enough in to watch (or listen to) from opening to verdict.

My former faith in the integrity of the system is shattered.

Presidency corrupt, congress corrupt, business corrupt, unions corrupt, police corrupt local government corrupt and now adds justice system corrupt.

No homo

The Mark technique, stamina and clever ass kicking can flip 'em. The little Mark thing is a powerful thing.

That's right, it is. And he knows he has it, is using it, and the effect it will have. Now, I see why he was agreeable to a female jury! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back