The only proper purpose of a government

They want to remove ALL safety nets for people. The poor would become homeless and go hungry,the elderly and sick would die off. They would privatize everything,Just imagine capitalism on hyper drive. You think companies put profits before people now? Just imagine it 3 times worse than that.

Wow... what a dismal view of the human race. Would you really just let people die off? Asshole.
Take away the safety nets and exactly who is going to feed, clothe, and shelter the ten's of millions who will suddenly be out on the streets?

They want to remove ALL safety nets for people. The poor would become homeless and go hungry,the elderly and sick would die off. They would privatize everything,Just imagine capitalism on hyper drive. You think companies put profits before people now? Just imagine it 3 times worse than that.

Wow... what a dismal view of the human race. Would you really just let people die off? Asshole.
Take away the safety nets and exactly who is going to feed, clothe, and shelter the ten's of millions who will suddenly be out on the streets?

All of us who care about our fellow human beings. You'll be there with me, right?

"At this festive season of the year, Mr Scrooge, ... it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the Poor and destitute, who suffer greatly at the present time. Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
"Are there no prisons?"
"Plenty of prisons..."
"And the Union workhouses." demanded Scrooge. "Are they still in operation?"
"Both very busy, sir..."
"Those who are badly off must go there."
"Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
"If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

All of us who care about our fellow human beings. You'll be there with me, right?
I will, as I have been in the past. But keep in mind here that we are not speaking of a few hundred thousand spread across the whole United States. We are speaking of potentially millions of people. There is no way that problem can he handled by volunteers.

I will, as I have been in the past. But keep in mind here that we are not speaking of a few hundred thousand spread across the whole United States. We are speaking of potentially millions of people. There is no way that problem can he handled by volunteers.

So, I guess we have to go out together and crack some heads, forcing those selfish bastards to do what we tell them, eh? Bring your billy club! And your jack boots.

Last edited:

We saw he limitations of voluntary charity diring the depression. Massive numbers of people needing charity and nobody contributing because times were so bad

No. I am not a libertardian. Doubletap asked me how so that libertarians in power would harm America and that's how,I think people should be taken care of. If it wasn't for government I wouldn't get SSI for my disability. The libertarians want to take it all away.
Why do you think people should be forced to take care of you?

The same people who did it prior to 1932.

So... you want the government to force your version of morality onto others.
Interesting.
How do you react when someone wants to force their version of morality on you?

I'm curious, do you people who think government should only handle national defense and foreign relations ever give a thought to how government has improved you life. The fact of the matter is that government works so well to make our lives better most people never think about it.
When you turn on the water tap do you ever worry if the water is safe?
How about the air that you breathe? What do you think would happen if there were no safe air standards or if the air were not monitered? What about the interstate freeway system? Where did that come from? Ever fly in a plane? How do you know the pilot is qualified? Is the plane safe? Are the people getting on the plane safe or armed? What about routing traffic to make sure people get to their destinations? How about the drugs and medicines you take. Are they safe? How do you know? At one time ANYONE could put anything in a bottle, call it a medicine, and sell it to unsuspecting people. There were snake oil salesman, literally. And the food you eat, is it safe? A lot of it comes from off shore. How do we know the countries we are buying from arn't using illegal pesticides? At one time packing houses would process sick cattle and sell the meat even if the meat was a danger to people. Who enforces the removal of dangerous foods from the food chain. Ever marvel at the beauty of a national park. If there were no government those parks would not exist. The would be malls, condo's and strip mines. Ever lost any mail or had a letter fail to get where it was supposed to go? Ever compare the price of sending a box by USPS, FedEx, or UPS? How about the vote? Who protects you from local government trying to stop you from voting? And while we are at it, who enforces the Constitution and makes sure states don't just toss it out? How about the Coast Guard. Should we scrap them. They have little to do with national defense or foreign affairs.

Their answer to ALL of that is private companies. That's it. I agree with you on all of is except the food part since the government is paid by Monsanto who creates food and sells it as normal food...Other than that I agree 100%
So, you think people should be taken care of, but you can't be bothered to do it yourself? See, you're full of shit. If you had real compassion for others, you'd be out there helping them. Not sitting back voting for government to force other people to do it instead.

I do help..where did you get that I don't? Take a chill pill and read everything carefully. :eusa_hand:

Then why do you assume everyone would shrivel up and die without government forcing the matter?
Because people are selfish. Most not all.

No. I am not a libertardian. Doubletap asked me how so that libertarians in power would harm America and that's how,I think people should be taken care of. If it wasn't for government I wouldn't get SSI for my disability. The libertarians want to take it all away.

I don't. I take care of myself. I think people shouldn't be exploited and that's exactly what will happen if libertarians are ever allowed near the mantle of power.

Interesting.

And you want government out of the way so the poor,disabled and weak can be exploited for labor and other things. Left to die once they are done being used by the corporations etc.

I don't. I take care of myself.
You said:
I think people should be taken care of.
and
If it wasn't for government I wouldn't get SSI for my disability.
Sounds to me like you believe people should be forced to take care of others, and that you want them to take care of you as well.

You said:
I think people should be taken care of.
and
Sounds to me like you believe people should be forced to take care of others, and that you want them to take care of you as well.

I worked before I was hurt,my wife still works to this day in fact she is gone to work right now. I earned SSI. You don't like it? Tough shit. Get over it. Society has a duty to help its most helpless members not exploit them.

Interesting.
And you want government out of the way so the poor,disabled and weak can be exploited for labor and other things. Left to die once they are done being used by the corporations etc.
You offer nothing here but a red herring, because you know you cannot soundly address, much less counter, what I said.

I'll ask again:
And further:
Who are you to have the government force your version of morality on others?

You said:

and
I worked before I was hurt,my wife still works to this day in fact she is gone to work right now. I earned SSI. You don't like it? Tough shit. Get over it. Society has a duty to help its most helpless members not exploit them.
Again - you did not asnwer the question:

You said:

and

Again you didn't read. I WORKED BEFORE I WAS HURT. Governments job among other things is to take care of its citizens. LOL forced morality? We should go with your idea of morality right? Everyone fend for themselves...the elderly,disabled,injured etc...man what a piece of work you are.

You said:

and

You realize you're conversing with an avowed Nazi, right?

I am dealing with a selfish libertardian who cares nothing for anyone else or anything else.. waaaaa the government is using money from EVERYONE to take care of the poor and disabled waaaaaaa

I am dealing with a selfish libertardian who cares nothing for anyone else or anything else.. waaaaa the government is using money from EVERYONE to take care of the poor and disabled waaaaaaa

I kinda like that you're presenting a solid opposition to libertarians!

Forum List

Back