The only proper purpose of a government

I worked before I was hurt,my wife still works to this day in fact she is gone to work right now. I earned SSI. You don't like it? Tough shit. Get over it. Society has a duty to help its most helpless members not exploit them.
Again - you did not asnwer the question:
Why do you think people should be forced to take care of you?
Who are you to have the government force your version of morality on others?
Again you didn't read. I WORKED BEFORE I WAS HURT.
How, specifically, does this create a condition where you are entitled to be taken care of by others, so forced by the government?

I am dealing with a selfish libertardian who cares nothing for anyone else or anything else.. waaaaa the government is using money from EVERYONE to take care of the poor and disabled waaaaaaa
You want the government to force people to take care of you.
You want the government to force your version of morality on others.
You see that as "better".
:dunno:

Again - you did not asnwer the question:
Why do you think people should be forced to take care of you?
Again you didn't read. I WORKED BEFORE I WAS HURT.
How, specifically, does this create a condition where you are entitled to be taken care of by others, so forced by the government?

I am dealing with a selfish libertardian who cares nothing for anyone else or anything else.. waaaaa the government is using money from EVERYONE to take care of the poor and disabled waaaaaaa
You want the government to force people to take care of you.
You want the government to force your version of morality on others.
You see that as "better".
:dunno:

You are like a parrot that repeats the same stupid shit over and over...Guess what. You and your kind are in the EXTREME minority. WE ALL PAY for the services we get,either through past jobs,paying taxes on things we purchase etc. Its not YOURS its EVERYONES. I know you are a selfish prick and care absolutely NOTHING for anyone else and think its ALLLL yours but you are wrong. Sooner you realize the fraud that is libertarianism the better off you will be.

The only proper purpose of a government is to protect man’s rights, which means: to protect him from physical violence. A proper government is only a policeman, acting as an agent of man’s self-defense, and, as such, may resort to force only against those who start the use of force. The only proper functions of a government are: the police, to protect you from criminals; the army, to protect you from foreign invaders; and the courts, to protect your property and contracts from breach or fraud by others, to settle disputes by rational rules, according to objective law.

But a government that initiates the employment of force against men who had forced no one, the employment of armed compulsion against disarmed victims, is a nightmare infernal machine designed to annihilate morality: such a government reverses its only moral purpose and switches from the role of protector to the role of man’s deadliest enemy, from the role of policeman to the role of a criminal vested with the right to the wielding of violence against victims deprived of the right of self-defense. Such a government substitutes for morality the following rule of social conduct: you may do whatever you please to your neighbor, provided your gang is bigger than his.
Crap! Crap! And double crap!!!!
Since you claim to be a veteran this is the first part of the document you were fighting for.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Exactly what does that phrase to "promote the general welfare" mean?
Do you know the difference between promote and provide?

The only proper purpose of a government is to protect man’s rights, which means: to protect him from physical violence. A proper government is only a policeman, acting as an agent of man’s self-defense, and, as such, may resort to force only against those who start the use of force. The only proper functions of a government are: the police, to protect you from criminals; the army, to protect you from foreign invaders; and the courts, to protect your property and contracts from breach or fraud by others, to settle disputes by rational rules, according to objective law.

But a government that initiates the employment of force against men who had forced no one, the employment of armed compulsion against disarmed victims, is a nightmare infernal machine designed to annihilate morality: such a government reverses its only moral purpose and switches from the role of protector to the role of man’s deadliest enemy, from the role of policeman to the role of a criminal vested with the right to the wielding of violence against victims deprived of the right of self-defense. Such a government substitutes for morality the following rule of social conduct: you may do whatever you please to your neighbor, provided your gang is bigger than his.
Crap! Crap! And double crap!!!!
Since you claim to be a veteran this is the first part of the document you were fighting for.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Exactly what does that phrase to "promote the general welfare" mean?
Do you know the difference between promote and provide?

Provide can be a part of promote

So who decided what the proper purpose of government is?

Was there a vote on that?

Smart people like century, Adam Smith, John Locke, Jean-Baptiste Say, Thomas Malthus, and David Ricardo, which is why you missed it in history class.

Coming from the guy who thinks there should be no government, that's priceless.

That sounds like something Stalin would say.

Sounds like what Jefferson would say

Jefferson who?

Here is what Thomas Jefferson said about the government.

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.

If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circlue of our felicities.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

And what if corporations are the government? What if corporations hold the power to hold sway over the people?

Jefferson who?

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.

If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circlue of our felicities.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

And what if corporations are the government? What if corporations hold the power to hold sway over the people?

All the more reason for the people to keep a lid on government. NY, you thinking of becoming a libertarian?

Smart people like century, Adam Smith, John Locke, Jean-Baptiste Say, Thomas Malthus, and David Ricardo, which is why you missed it in history class.

Coming from the guy who thinks there should be no government, that's priceless.

You can have all the government you want, as long as it leaves me the fuck alone.

Jefferson who?

I hate the government, remember? That means I hate even the corporate government, even if it only exists in your fevered dreams.

You are like a parrot that repeats the same stupid shit over and over
After all your petulant bluster, all the tears running from your eyes and all the snot running from your nose, I still don't see an answer to my questions.

-How, specifically, are you entitled to be taken care of by others, so forced by the government?
-Who are you to have the government force your version of morality on others?

C'mon, son Sack up. Answer the questions.

There was, and there was even a war for it. You must have missed it but it was the war of Independence fought around the year 1776. It resulted in a thing we Americans like to call "The Constitution" which addresses the same exact problems we are having today in a pretty neat little document that tells us how to avoid such stupid questions such as "So who decided what the proper purpose of government is?" You must have not noticed this little detail.

After all your petulant bluster, all the tears running from your eyes and all the snot running from your nose, I still don't see an answer to my questions.

-How, specifically, are you entitled to be taken care of by others, so forced by the government?

I can't help you think the government is to answer only to you and other libertardians. The government is there to help EVERYONE. Including you when you need it. I have answered your questions numerous times...you refuse to accept those answers. No one is forcing anything.

I can't help you think the government is to answer only to you and other libertardians. The government is there to help EVERYONE. Including you when you need it. I have answered your questions numerous times...you refuse to accept those answers. No one is forcing anything.

Heil!

All of us who care about our fellow human beings. You'll be there with me, right?
I will, as I have been in the past. But keep in mind here that we are not speaking of a few hundred thousand spread across the whole United States. We are speaking of potentially millions of people. There is no way that problem can he handled by volunteers.

We saw he limitations of voluntary charity diring the depression. Massive numbers of people needing charity and nobody contributing because times were so bad

Even in the Great Depression, very few people starved to death or froze to death. The American people are a very generous people, and even most of those who had little for themselves would share with the hungry.

As a child, I listened to many stories about the Great Depression, from people who had really had it rough. My grandmother, a widow, brought six kids through that depression, after losing their homestead due to a failed bank. My father went on the road, at fourteen, and took two younger brothers with him. They all had it rough, but with one exception, government had nothing to do with their survival. The Civilian Conseration Corp (CCC) was a blessing to my Dad. The only good idea that the FDR administration came up with to help a whole lot of people.

BTW, government regulation had a great deal to do with putting a lot of people out on the street during the Great Depression, and caused a whole lot more misery than was necessary.

I have answered your questions numerous times...
This is a lie, as you know you have not done so - in fact, you know you have done and will continue to do everything possible to avoid answering those questions, for you know that to do so in an honest manner only exposes the hypocricy and unsoundess of your position.

So, your petulance, I ask agqain:

Now, wipe the snot from your nose and answer the questions.

The gov. is not helping those whose earnings have been looted for others.
You & all the collectivists are free to help...you won't be stopped.
Additionally there are charities & foundations for them.

Why are Cons such pussies? They believe that the 2nd Amendment gives them the right to protect themselves, yet they want to tax people in order to hire police and corporate defense contractors.

Leave it up to Cons to believe that the only function of government is to provide the government more guns, while championing that their guns are protecting us from a government that has too many guns.....

Last edited:
Why are Cons such pussies? They believe that the 2nd Amendment gives them the right to protect themselves, yet they want to tax people in order to hire police and corporate defense contractors.

Leave it up to Cons to believe that the only function of government is to provide the government more guns, while championing that their guns are protecting us from a government that has too many guns.....
A superb strawman, built with love, care, ignorance and bigotry.

Conservatives want to be left alone, so they might exercise their rights in peace.
Conservatives want the government to protect those rights from those who might violate them, as is its purpose.
Conservatives support the 2nd amendment because they understand that the government will not always be able to protect those rights, and will sometimes act to violate them.

Last edited:

A superb strawman, built with love, care, ignorance and bigotry.

Conservatives want to be left alone, to exercise their rights in peace.
They want the government to protect the exercise of those rights from those who would violate them.
Because they know the government cannot always protect those rights, and, sometimes, is the party interested in violating them, they understand the necessity of the 2nd Amendment.

Libertarians want to be left alone

Conservatives want to push their religious beliefs on others, decide which marriages they approve of, limit access to the voting booth and restrict education

Forum List

Back