the only remaining argument against capatalism

It is not immoral to have more than another.

It is jealousy to covet what is not yours

conservative+bible.jpg

conservative-logic-87490692705.jpeg

You just don't get it do you?

Where did I say give more to anyone?

Anyone is completely free to earn as much as he can.

And if someone earns more than me I have absolutely no right to any of it.

No one is stopping you or anyone else from making more money. You just don't have the gumption to do what it takes so you whine about other people's wealth instead.

It's pathetic.

Pathetic is you don't think or that Gov't policy doesn't influence wealth or the distribution of it, good or bad

Ayn Rand wrote fiction Bubba

I never read Atlas Shrugged.

So tell me how is the government keeping you from making more money?

Never having read it doesn't mean you don't believe in the myth of perpetuates

You mean how does Gov't keep the "job creators" in luxury and the GOP fighting for them at every turn?

11078190_937160719639127_7160288127216593823_n.png

It might be fiction, but it's laced with truth born of experience. She was born and raised in the Soviet Union. You know not of what you speak.

Sure, a hypothetical anarchic-syndicalist commune is a Utopian ideal, and we all know Utopian ideals don't work. But, just like A Brave New World, 1984, or Animal Farm, there are lessons there to be learned. Apparently, you have yet to learn them.

10998657_10206013282559192_7113027131357582565_n.jpg

True voluntary exchange DOES NOT require the use of violence. Other forms of political economy do.

Why for else should we continue this debate?

The best and greatest argument against the burgoise society otherwise known as capitalism is the moral argument. I just keep mentioning wealth gap or how it is unfair and people are so outraged that they rush to shut it down. Despite the fact that real communist societies have their own wealth gap between between favoured bureaucrats, chosen individuals and everyone else I just keep telling people how unjust the capatalism system is. I really don't care if nothing else has ever worked in the history of the world or how every other unfree economy was riddled with corruption and had appointed aristocracies to rule over the peasants. I just keep beating this drum to death just so I can shut it down.

And yet, with a capitalistic society there IS a middle class. With the world you wish to create there is a serf class, and a ruling elite. No middle class. You really think that's better? what makes you think that you'll be part of the ruling class?

Conservatives don't say we need to give the rich money.

No, they just GIVE it to them through tax loopholes.

They aren't working very well, if the top 10% are paying more than 2/3rds of all income taxes paid.

First they aren't paying over 2/3rds of ALL taxes, just he piece of the pie that is 45% of federal revenues. Second the top 10% take about 50% of income, how much should they pay?

Hint the tax BURDEN on the top 50% of income HAS shifted greatly down in the past 34 years

upload_2015-4-7_12-53-12.jpeg

This ^^^ is not an argument, it is the current meme used by those who can't make an argument to counter a social policy which benefits the greater good. Now, one can argue if the government has any power by law to establish social policy, but no argument has yet been put before the supreme court repealing the 16th Amendment or social security, SSI, SSD, medicare or medicaid.

And while this is what the New Right wants, I've never read, heard or seen any argument which offered a cost-benefit and cost-deficit analysis of the consequences of their repeal.

Where did I argue about anything concerning Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid?

Of course the government can set social policy ... They can establish Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.
None of that will ever go towards fixing what causes the need for it ... Which of course is not my intention in thinking it should be gotten rid of.

Not like I can help the fact you want to argue about something else ... Hell, you cannot even stay within the context of the argument that was given.

This is what you wrote,

"I said I didn't need you to explain it to me.
"There is nothing equal about taking anything away from a specific portion of society because you don't like the fact they have it.

"If your suggestion is to take what the rich have so they can equally suffer your failures ... Then I don't have a problem telling you to go fuck yourself.
"If the government were to take everything the top 1% has ... They aren't going to give it to you ... And it wouldn't even pay off our national debt.

"The basis of your argument boils down to what other people have ... And what you want to take from them ... Nothing else."

I responded to the last sentence, which is the hackneyed meme of conservatives who whine that they must pay payroll taxes (something the 1% pay very little in term of % of their income) which provide the working poor with benefits.

Great ... You can quote what I wrote ... Unfortunately you cannot interpret what I wrote outside of your context.

If you want to reduce the desire and benefits of Social Programs ... To your simple desires to take from those that have money ... Then I won't be foolish enough to argue with you over your reasoning.

But ... My post wasn't in reference to any social programs ... Not at all.
So when you catch up and get on the same page ... Be sure to let me know.

Here is a clue ... The thread is about capitalism not social programs.

Fine, I'll limit it to that: Today patriots will need to defend the U.S. from a great threat to our nation and the founders who created it, by following the admonish of Mr B. Franklin who reminded us we have a Republic if we can keep it.

Since our Republican form of government is currently owned by the power elite, the Capitalists, we need to protect capitalism and our nation from the Plutocrats, those capitalist who will never stop in their quest to establish a lassiez fair form of non governance, where rules and regulations no longer exist.

The best and greatest argument against the burgoise society otherwise known as capitalism is the moral argument. I just keep mentioning wealth gap or how it is unfair and people are so outraged that they rush to shut it down. Despite the fact that real communist societies have their own wealth gap between between favoured bureaucrats, chosen individuals and everyone else I just keep telling people how unjust the capatalism system is. I really don't care if nothing else has ever worked in the history of the world or how every other unfree economy was riddled with corruption and had appointed aristocracies to rule over the peasants. I just keep beating this drum to death just so I can shut it down.

First of all, communism can't exist for longer than about 10 minutes once the community grows past just a hand full. What you are calling Communism is actually a corrupted Oligarchy. It ends up being Capitalism unchecked.

Now, Capitalism isn't a government. It's a business practice. If used in a healthy method, it's great for everyone But if you allow it to become an integral part of Government it becomes corrupt. Capitalism, unregulated, takes us back to the old Railroad Baron Days where thousands a year die in "Industrial Accidents" and the Company Store. Yah, I know, regulation is supposed to be a bad thing but it's even worse without it. Too much and it inhibits the Corporation and too little inhibits everyone else.

There is little difference between the US and Russia except we have a better class of Government.

And the US has
Sure, you "said it" yet support policy and politicians who support and do the opposite. Weird

I support politicians who want to seal the border.
You support Obama who wants to import more illegals.
Why do you hate poor Americans?
obamniscient%20hannity.jpg

Obama doesn't want to let millions more illegals come here?
Obama didn't sign an executive amnesty? LOL!
Maybe Obamacare can help you with that brain damage?

Like I said, without false premises, distortions and lies, what would right wingers EVER have?

"Obama doesn't want to let millions more illegals come here?"

There is the LIE

"Obama didn't sign an executive amnesty? "

Thee is the distortion

What else do you morons have Bubba?

Obama is doing nothing to prevent millions of illegals from coming here and reducing wages for Americans.
He hates poor Americans and if you support him, you do too.

Weird, I though the GOP controlled Congress the past 20 years (mostly) when this happened? NOW you want to blame the guy that wants to stop it? Weird

Conservatives don't say we need to give the rich money.

So people you call rich pay far more income taxes than the 47% of people who pay no income taxes yet you think the so called rich are getting money given to them?

Seems to me the people who pay ZERO are the ones getting something given to them

You mean the share of the top 1% who have almost tripled and are paying the lowest sustained tax burden on those incomes are paying to much? Even though the total tax burden has dramatically been lowered on those INCOME SHARE? Yet the bottom HALF of US who've lost almost $5,000 PER family with their 11% pierce of the pie, are moochers??? lol

BTW, Income taxes are 45% of the federal revenue pies!

TOTAL effective tax burden by group

taxmageddon.png

Yet the bottom HALF of US who've lost almost $5,000 PER family

It's true, Obama's policies hurt poor Americans.

Yes, the ditch he inherited after 8 years of Dubya/GOP "job creator" policies was wide AND deep and the GOP fought him from day one getting US out of it

Republicans-hate-AmericaObama-485x421.jpg

So people you call rich pay far more income taxes than the 47% of people who pay no income taxes yet you think the so called rich are getting money given to them?

Seems to me the people who pay ZERO are the ones getting something given to them

You mean the share of the top 1% who have almost tripled and are paying the lowest sustained tax burden on those incomes are paying to much? Even though the total tax burden has dramatically been lowered on those INCOME SHARE? Yet the bottom HALF of US who've lost almost $5,000 PER family with their 11% pierce of the pie, are moochers??? lol

taxmageddon.png

So now ZERO income tax is too much?

Oh you mean the zero tax bite on income taxes?

Weird

Poor Americans Pay Double The State, Local Tax Rates Of Top One Percent

Nearly every U.S. state taxes the poor more than the rich, according to a 2009 report by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy. Overall, the poorest 20 percent of households paid an average 10.9 percent of their incomes in state and local taxes in 2007, while the top 1 percent on average paid just 5.2 percent of their incomes in state and local taxes

Poor Americans Pay Double The State Local Tax Rates Of Top One Percent

Poor people with lower incomes pay a higher state and local income tax rate? LOL!
Poor people with lower spending pay a higher state and local sales tax rate? LOL!
Poor people with smaller houses a pay higher local property tax rate? LOL!
Liberal lies strike again!

Nearly every U.S. state taxes the poor more than the rich, according to a 2009 report by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy. Overall, the poorest 20 percent of households paid an average 10.9 percent of their incomes in state and local taxes in 2007, while the top 1 percent on average paid just 5.2 percent of their incomes in state and local taxes

Yep, that 45% of the pie of federal revenues, and you are using old numbers. It's about 43%, mostly younger workers who will pay income taxes in the future, the elderly who already paid or the disabled. But let me guess, the bottom HAL;F of US who get 11% of the pie aren't paying enough? lol
There is no pie.

You can get as much as you want because no one is stopping you from getting it

except you.

Conservative damagogues like Limbaugh have been able to convince the public that the huge incomes of the wealthiest Americans are irrelevant to those who make moderate-to-low incomes. They even suggest that the more money the wealthiest Americans make, the more wealth will trickle down to the lower classes.

If you've swallowed this line of conservative garbage, get ready to vomit. As all conservative economists know, and deny to the public that they know, wealth is a zero-sum game. That is true at both the front end—when income is divided up, and the back end—when it is spent.

The Front End of Zero-Sum: Dividing the Loot

There is only so much corporate income in a given year. The more of that income that is used to pay workers, the less profit the corporation makes. The less profit, the less the stock goes up. The less the stock goes up, the less the CEO and the investors make. It’s as simple as that. Profit equals income minus expenses. No more, no less. Subtract the right side of the equation from the left side and the answer is always zero. Hence the term, “zero-sum.”

So, to the extent a corporation can keep from sharing the wealth with workers—the ones who created the wealth to begin with—investors and executives get a bigger slice of the income pie and become richer.

The Zero-sum Nature of economics

The Top 0.1% Of The Nation Earn Half Of All Capital Gains (includes dividends) 1/10th of 1% of US

The Top 0.1 Of The Nation Earn Half Of All Capital Gains - Forbes

Capital Gains Tax Cuts ‘By Far’ The Biggest Contributor To Growth In Income Inequality, Study Finds

Capital gains and other investment income was taxed as regular wage income from 1986 until 1996, when the capital gains rate was reduced. It was further reduced as part of the Bush tax cuts, and over the last decade, it has reversed the equalizing effects of taxes and allowed for massive income gains for the wealthy that translated directly into increased income inequality:

By far, the largest contributor to this increase was changes in income from capital gains and dividends.
I don't listen to Limbaugh or any other blowhard partisan hack on the radio or the idiot box.

That's how I know that there is no one stopping me from improving my financial situation.

You think everyone else is holding you back when all you have to do to see who the real culprit is is look in the mirror.

So now tell me who is stopping you from making more money?

Like I said, you believe in myths and fairy tales and you can't see as a society how it works. I'm shocked. No really I am
Still won't answer the question, Corky?

Society works for people who work it.

You just don't want to work it do you?

Simplistic moron asks a simplistic question and wants a real answer??? Seriously?

upload_2015-4-7_12-59-5.jpeg

Well, there you go. (-: One can make good arguments that Reaganomics really did result in more wealth overall, and our houses and tvs are lot bigger, to say nothing of greater consumer choice. But at the same time, you have guys like skull pilot parroting how the top quintile (or whatever) pay 47% of income tax, while conveniently ignoring just not that their income/wealth increased much more than the tax bite, but also that property and local sales tax bites have risen on the working class faster than their incomes rose.

Taxes aren't fair. They never were supposed to be. We want to tax as little as possible, but we also need a society to deliver basic education and healthcare so as to maintain a middle class. And the middle class was largely a creation of the GI bill ....or govt intervention.

I said the bottom 47% pay zero income taxes.

Yep, that 45% of the pie of federal revenues, and you are using old numbers. It's about 43%, mostly younger workers who will pay income taxes in the future, the elderly who already paid or the disabled. But let me guess, the bottom HAL;F of US who get 11% of the pie aren't paying enough? lol
There is no pie.

You can get as much as you want because no one is stopping you from getting it

except you.

That's ^^^ very stupid!

Banks pay 0.01% interest on savings, and today charge fees for what once were free services. Lenders charge fees and points for everything, buy a house and you will soon pay for the ink used in the pen they loan you to sign the docs.

The cost of living, in terms of basics and necessities has skyrocketed, and much of the higher cost is passed on to all consumers, a rise in the price of gas .50 cents a gallon hurts more the less you make, as true for the cost of food, clothing, shelter, public transportation, technology, education - about anything one can think of hurts those who have less than those who have more.

It would behoove you to try to grok WHY banks are able to pay such low interest rates on savings.

Here's a little clue: take a look at the Federal Reserve, Big Banks, and Big Government CABAL.

Yet you can't point to one society without a federal reserve or uses the libertarian BS anymore on the Banksters. Weird right?

Conservative damagogues like Limbaugh have been able to convince the public that the huge incomes of the wealthiest Americans are irrelevant to those who make moderate-to-low incomes. They even suggest that the more money the wealthiest Americans make, the more wealth will trickle down to the lower classes.

If you've swallowed this line of conservative garbage, get ready to vomit. As all conservative economists know, and deny to the public that they know, wealth is a zero-sum game. That is true at both the front end—when income is divided up, and the back end—when it is spent.

The Front End of Zero-Sum: Dividing the Loot

There is only so much corporate income in a given year. The more of that income that is used to pay workers, the less profit the corporation makes. The less profit, the less the stock goes up. The less the stock goes up, the less the CEO and the investors make. It’s as simple as that. Profit equals income minus expenses. No more, no less. Subtract the right side of the equation from the left side and the answer is always zero. Hence the term, “zero-sum.”

So, to the extent a corporation can keep from sharing the wealth with workers—the ones who created the wealth to begin with—investors and executives get a bigger slice of the income pie and become richer.

The Zero-sum Nature of economics

The Top 0.1% Of The Nation Earn Half Of All Capital Gains (includes dividends) 1/10th of 1% of US

The Top 0.1 Of The Nation Earn Half Of All Capital Gains - Forbes

Capital Gains Tax Cuts ‘By Far’ The Biggest Contributor To Growth In Income Inequality, Study Finds

Capital gains and other investment income was taxed as regular wage income from 1986 until 1996, when the capital gains rate was reduced. It was further reduced as part of the Bush tax cuts, and over the last decade, it has reversed the equalizing effects of taxes and allowed for massive income gains for the wealthy that translated directly into increased income inequality:

By far, the largest contributor to this increase was changes in income from capital gains and dividends.
I don't listen to Limbaugh or any other blowhard partisan hack on the radio or the idiot box.

That's how I know that there is no one stopping me from improving my financial situation.

You think everyone else is holding you back when all you have to do to see who the real culprit is is look in the mirror.

Like I said, you believe in myths and fairy tales and you can't see as a society how it works. I'm shocked. No really I am

You have failed to address the question

We are not talking about one person being able to work harder and earn more. We are talking about 100 million workers who need to earn more

Show me the economic data showing there are 100 million better paying jobs out there

Better paying than what?

And why does making more money necessarily mean having someone else provide a job for you?

There are countless ways to make extra money that do not involve working for someone else you know.
Rottenecards_38467675_kjy6bs7tkd.png

taxmageddon.png

Weird

Poor people with lower incomes pay a higher state and local income tax rate? LOL!
Poor people with lower spending pay a higher state and local sales tax rate? LOL!

Thanks for the response; but it's a complete non sequitur.

The Rich are paying a higher share of the money collected by the government. That is not pushing the burden down.

You lose.

Fine, I'll limit it to that: Today patriots will need to defend the U.S. from a great threat to our nation and the founders who created it, by following the admonish of Mr B. Franklin who reminded us we have a Republic if we can keep it.

Since our Republican form of government is currently owned by the power elite, the Capitalists, we need to protect capitalism and our nation from the Plutocrats, those capitalist who will never stop in their quest to establish a lassiez fair form of non governance, where rules and regulations no longer exist.

I see no reason to assume that the Founding Fathers would have preferred for the State to control the entirety of the wealth any more than Plutocrats.
That in itself would be a rather lassiez fair of looking at things.

I don't suggest that regulation or rules don't serve their place ... Just that where they may limit options, they certainly do not produce better conditions for everyone.
No regulation or rule will ever make you as wealthy as the top 1% ... Nor will it give you what it takes for them to remain at the top.

So then ... Your argument is reduced to measures set forth to limit wealth ... Not produce it.

He believes in whining that the government needs more money from the rich.
Then he arranges things to give the government none of his money.
Typical whiny liberal hypocrit.

Yet unlike the greedy cons, he doesn't try to use loopholes AND advocates for higher taxes on the "job creators". Weird

He advocates for higher taxes, and does everything he can in order to minimize his own taxes. He wants higher estate taxes but plans to escape estate taxes.
Typical liberal hypocrite.

Yeah, calling for a higher INCOME tax burden is horribly greedy right? No he doesn't plan on "escaping estate taxes", he plans on giving it to charity to better effect the world, not just the US!

Hypocrite? Better check what it means Bubba

These rich mother fuckers don't give to "charities." They give to tax-exempt charitable, "foundations." If you are a political scientist and you research and study the social engineering aspect of these foundations, you would understand that these foundations have a more profound affect on the nation and the world than even the various governments of the earth. Ever hear of the older foundations like the Rockefeller foundation, the Carnegie Foundation or the foundation with close ties to the CIA and the Obama administration, the FORD FOUNDATION? Charity my ass. He's busy throwing in with other global elites. Probably giving to the Gates foundation I imagine. That one is all about eugenics and depopulation. Creepy, evil MOFO that Buffet is.

More right wing BS. Shocking

Politics+1169.jpg

You have failed to address the question

We are not talking about one person being able to work harder and earn more. We are talking about 100 million workers who need to earn more

Show me the economic data showing there are 100 million better paying jobs out there

Better paying than what?

And why does making more money necessarily mean having someone else provide a job for you?

There are countless ways to make extra money that do not involve working for someone else you know.
Rottenecards_38467675_kjy6bs7tkd.png

Your post is wrong. Politicians on both sides of the aisle have been engaging in crony capitalism for decades. Capitalism is the only system that gives the poor and non privileged a chance to become a billionaire. Well, it's the only system that doesn't require the mass murder of competitors and others in your way that is.

You are advocating for a system that results in misery for the poor, and for a very small ruling elite to live very large on their suffering. Why do you advocate for that? Are you simply so stupid that you believe it will turn out different than every other time it has been tried? Or are you so ignorant you simply don't know the history.

You just don't get it do you?

Where did I say give more to anyone?

Anyone is completely free to earn as much as he can.

And if someone earns more than me I have absolutely no right to any of it.

No one is stopping you or anyone else from making more money. You just don't have the gumption to do what it takes so you whine about other people's wealth instead.

It's pathetic.

Pathetic is you don't think or that Gov't policy doesn't influence wealth or the distribution of it, good or bad

Ayn Rand wrote fiction Bubba

I never read Atlas Shrugged.

So tell me how is the government keeping you from making more money?

Never having read it doesn't mean you don't believe in the myth of perpetuates

You mean how does Gov't keep the "job creators" in luxury and the GOP fighting for them at every turn?

11078190_937160719639127_7160288127216593823_n.png

It might be fiction, but it's laced with truth born of experience. She was born and raised in the Soviet Union. You know not of what you speak.

Sure, a hypothetical anarchic-syndicalist commune is a Utopian ideal, and we all know Utopian ideals don't work. But, just like A Brave New World, 1984, or Animal Farm, there are lessons there to be learned. Apparently, you have yet to learn them.

10998657_10206013282559192_7113027131357582565_n.jpg

Said Ayn Rand BEFORE she started sucking off the Teet of Gov't via SS and Medicare. IF she held TRUE convictions she espoused,m she wouldn't have!

ONE nation to EVER use her bullsh*t philosophy EVER? lol

And yet, with a capitalistic society there IS a middle class. With the world you wish to create there is a serf class, and a ruling elite. No middle class. You really think that's better? what makes you think that you'll be part of the ruling class?

Nonsense. Capitalism has a very small middle class naturally, look to most of Latin America and Asia to see that. The US middle class was (largely) built by Gov't policy!

taxmageddon.png

Weird

The Rich are paying a higher share of the money collected by the government. That is not pushing the burden down.

You lose.

OH it wasn't YOU saying tis:

"Poor people with lower incomes pay a higher state and local income tax rate? LOL!
Liberal lies strike again!"

lol

You mean AS the "job creators" have taken a historic SHARE of the pie AS their tax burden has plummeted on that share?

taxmageddon.png

Sorry Bubba, your lies don't cut it. You lose

Weird

You lose.

OH it wasn't YOU saying tis:

"Poor people with lower incomes pay a higher state and local income tax rate? LOL!
Liberal lies strike again!"

lol

You mean AS the "job creators" have taken a historic SHARE of the pie AS their tax burden has plummeted on that share?

taxmageddon.png

Sorry Bubba, your lies don't cut it. You lose

Well, you finally got something right. It wasn't me who said what you are quoting.

That said, you lose for misquoting me in the first place.

Forum List

Back