the only remaining argument against capatalism

Conservatives don't say we need to give the rich money.

Sure they don't Bubba, sure. What do you think 30+ years of trickle down Reaganomics does again???
Well, there you go. (-: One can make good arguments that Reaganomics really did result in more wealth overall, and our houses and tvs are lot bigger, to say nothing of greater consumer choice. But at the same time, you have guys like skull pilot parroting how the top quintile (or whatever) pay 47% of income tax, while conveniently ignoring just not that their income/wealth increased much more than the tax bite, but also that property and local sales tax bites have risen on the working class faster than their incomes rose.

Taxes aren't fair. They never were supposed to be. We want to tax as little as possible, but we also need a society to deliver basic education and healthcare so as to maintain a middle class. And the middle class was largely a creation of the GI bill ....or govt intervention.

I said the bottom 47% pay zero income taxes.

Yep, that 45% of the pie of federal revenues, and you are using old numbers. It's about 43%, mostly younger workers who will pay income taxes in the future, the elderly who already paid or the disabled. But let me guess, the bottom HAL;F of US who get 11% of the pie aren't paying enough? lol
There is no pie.

You can get as much as you want because no one is stopping you from getting it

except you.

Conservative damagogues like Limbaugh have been able to convince the public that the huge incomes of the wealthiest Americans are irrelevant to those who make moderate-to-low incomes. They even suggest that the more money the wealthiest Americans make, the more wealth will trickle down to the lower classes.

If you've swallowed this line of conservative garbage, get ready to vomit. As all conservative economists know, and deny to the public that they know, wealth is a zero-sum game. That is true at both the front end—when income is divided up, and the back end—when it is spent.

The Front End of Zero-Sum: Dividing the Loot

There is only so much corporate income in a given year. The more of that income that is used to pay workers, the less profit the corporation makes. The less profit, the less the stock goes up. The less the stock goes up, the less the CEO and the investors make. It’s as simple as that. Profit equals income minus expenses. No more, no less. Subtract the right side of the equation from the left side and the answer is always zero. Hence the term, “zero-sum.”

So, to the extent a corporation can keep from sharing the wealth with workers—the ones who created the wealth to begin with—investors and executives get a bigger slice of the income pie and become richer.

The Zero-sum Nature of economics

The Top 0.1% Of The Nation Earn Half Of All Capital Gains (includes dividends) 1/10th of 1% of US

The Top 0.1 Of The Nation Earn Half Of All Capital Gains - Forbes

Capital Gains Tax Cuts ‘By Far’ The Biggest Contributor To Growth In Income Inequality, Study Finds

Capital gains and other investment income was taxed as regular wage income from 1986 until 1996, when the capital gains rate was reduced. It was further reduced as part of the Bush tax cuts, and over the last decade, it has reversed the equalizing effects of taxes and allowed for massive income gains for the wealthy that translated directly into increased income inequality:

By far, the largest contributor to this increase was changes in income from capital gains and dividends.

Pathetic is you don't think or that Gov't policy doesn't influence wealth or the distribution of it, good or bad

Ayn Rand wrote fiction Bubba

I never read Atlas Shrugged.

So tell me how is the government keeping you from making more money?

Never having read it doesn't mean you don't believe in the myth of perpetuates

You mean how does Gov't keep the "job creators" in luxury and the GOP fighting for them at every turn?

I'm not a republican and I never said the rich were job creators.

I just don't believe I have a right to take what other people have.

So now will you answer the question

What rich guy, what government policy that allegedly favors rich guys has stopped you from making more money?

What rich guy, what government policy that allegedly favors rich guys has stopped you from making more money

Good question

I think the shift to supply side economics has prevented all Americans from making more money. It has created an economy where workers fear for their jobs, where workers sacrifice benefits for some hope of job security, where unions are powerless and where workers are expected to pick up more of the tab for healthcare, education and retirement

Everyone's job is temporary and always has been

And how does any of that stop anyone from making more money if they want to?

The problem is that no one wants to sacrifice their TV time or their over 40 beer ball league to better their own finances

2a5517344bf4c7dae63ba658f36551fc.jpg

So people you call rich pay far more income taxes than the 47% of people who pay no income taxes yet you think the so called rich are getting money given to them?

Seems to me the people who pay ZERO are the ones getting something given to them

You mean the share of the top 1% who have almost tripled and are paying the lowest sustained tax burden on those incomes are paying to much? Even though the total tax burden has dramatically been lowered on those INCOME SHARE? Yet the bottom HALF of US who've lost almost $5,000 PER family with their 11% pierce of the pie, are moochers??? lol

BTW, Income taxes are 45% of the federal revenue pies!

TOTAL effective tax burden by group

taxmageddon.png

So now ZERO income tax is too much?

Oh you mean the zero tax bite on income taxes?

Weird

Poor Americans Pay Double The State, Local Tax Rates Of Top One Percent

Nearly every U.S. state taxes the poor more than the rich, according to a 2009 report by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy. Overall, the poorest 20 percent of households paid an average 10.9 percent of their incomes in state and local taxes in 2007, while the top 1 percent on average paid just 5.2 percent of their incomes in state and local taxes

Poor Americans Pay Double The State Local Tax Rates Of Top One Percent

And I'm going to bet that instead of lowering that taxes for "poor" American (for whom I also bet you are not including the value of the transfer payments they receive in addition to actual wages), you'd rather see increased tax rates for pretty much everyone.

For 30+ years conservatives have duped the low informed into gutting federal tax revenues to benefit the top 1/10th of 1% of US. The only time the US had enough revenues was for 4 short years of Clinton (3 after he vetoed the GOP's $792 billion tax cut). Somehow the Americans survived and prospered with THE SHARED RESPONSIBILITY OF TAXES THAT BENEFITED ALL. now for some reason, attempting to actual pay for Gov't we ALL wanted as we voted for it, is somehow wrong?

Nah, who needs taxes to fund Gov't right?

Why should the "job creators" be expected to have a tax burden like they did when the US created the worlds largest economy, built the worlds largest middle class with a SHARED economy!

Gawd, you are blithering bag of babble.

Gutting Tax Receipts? The Feds collected over $3TRILLION last year, a 43% increase over receipts of 2009 (which was supposed to be the end of the recession). Has the ECONOMY grown 43% since then? Hardly. Have middle class wages grown 43% since then? No. Then why the hell does the government deserve 43% more money?

Sure they don't Bubba, sure. What do you think 30+ years of trickle down Reaganomics does again???
Well, there you go. (-: One can make good arguments that Reaganomics really did result in more wealth overall, and our houses and tvs are lot bigger, to say nothing of greater consumer choice. But at the same time, you have guys like skull pilot parroting how the top quintile (or whatever) pay 47% of income tax, while conveniently ignoring just not that their income/wealth increased much more than the tax bite, but also that property and local sales tax bites have risen on the working class faster than their incomes rose.

Taxes aren't fair. They never were supposed to be. We want to tax as little as possible, but we also need a society to deliver basic education and healthcare so as to maintain a middle class. And the middle class was largely a creation of the GI bill ....or govt intervention.

Yep, that 45% of the pie of federal revenues, and you are using old numbers. It's about 43%, mostly younger workers who will pay income taxes in the future, the elderly who already paid or the disabled. But let me guess, the bottom HAL;F of US who get 11% of the pie aren't paying enough? lol
There is no pie.

except you.

Conservative damagogues like Limbaugh have been able to convince the public that the huge incomes of the wealthiest Americans are irrelevant to those who make moderate-to-low incomes. They even suggest that the more money the wealthiest Americans make, the more wealth will trickle down to the lower classes.

If you've swallowed this line of conservative garbage, get ready to vomit. As all conservative economists know, and deny to the public that they know, wealth is a zero-sum game. That is true at both the front end—when income is divided up, and the back end—when it is spent.

There is only so much corporate income in a given year. The more of that income that is used to pay workers, the less profit the corporation makes. The less profit, the less the stock goes up. The less the stock goes up, the less the CEO and the investors make. It’s as simple as that. Profit equals income minus expenses. No more, no less. Subtract the right side of the equation from the left side and the answer is always zero. Hence the term, “zero-sum.”

So, to the extent a corporation can keep from sharing the wealth with workers—the ones who created the wealth to begin with—investors and executives get a bigger slice of the income pie and become richer.

The Top 0.1% Of The Nation Earn Half Of All Capital Gains (includes dividends) 1/10th of 1% of US

Capital Gains Tax Cuts ‘By Far’ The Biggest Contributor To Growth In Income Inequality, Study Finds

Capital gains and other investment income was taxed as regular wage income from 1986 until 1996, when the capital gains rate was reduced. It was further reduced as part of the Bush tax cuts, and over the last decade, it has reversed the equalizing effects of taxes and allowed for massive income gains for the wealthy that translated directly into increased income inequality:

By far, the largest contributor to this increase was changes in income from capital gains and dividends.
I don't listen to Limbaugh or any other blowhard partisan hack on the radio or the idiot box.

That's how I know that there is no one stopping me from improving my financial situation.

You think everyone else is holding you back when all you have to do to see who the real culprit is is look in the mirror.

So now tell me who is stopping you from making more money?

You mean how does Gov't keep the "job creators" in luxury and the GOP fighting for them at every turn?

What rich guy, what government policy that allegedly favors rich guys has stopped you from making more money?

Nope you are a libertarian asshat who believes in myths and fairy tales, yet simply votes the GOP line. Go figure

IF left up to conservative policy, the US would look like any other 3rd world nation, like the US did BEFORE the PROGRESSIVE policies created the worlds largest middle class. NOT a natural thing!

I don't label myself as you need to label yourself.

So are you going to answer the question?

What government policy has stopped you or anyone else from making more money?

Without false premises, distortions and lies, what would the right EVER have bubba?

Still won't answer the question.

I know why you won't because the answer is

NO ONE IS STOPPING YOU FROM MAKING MORE MONEY

you just need to believe someone is.

The causes which destroyed the ancient republics were numerous; but in Rome, one principal cause was the vast inequality of fortunes. Noah Webster

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR GAINS
Productivity has surged, but income and wages have stagnated for most Americans. If the median household income had kept pace with the economy since 1970, it would now be nearly $92,000, not $50,000.

It s the Inequality Stupid Mother Jones

change-since-1979-600.gif

ONLY LITTLE PEOPLE PAY TAXES
400-top-taxpayers.png

What rich guy, what government policy that allegedly favors rich guys has stopped you from making more money

Good question

I think the shift to supply side economics has prevented all Americans from making more money. It has created an economy where workers fear for their jobs, where workers sacrifice benefits for some hope of job security, where unions are powerless and where workers are expected to pick up more of the tab for healthcare, education and retirement

The problem is that no one wants to sacrifice their TV time or their over 40 beer ball league to better their own finances

What are those 400 people doing specifically that is stopping any of the 150 million from getting richer?

You mean the share of the top 1% who have almost tripled and are paying the lowest sustained tax burden on those incomes are paying to much? Even though the total tax burden has dramatically been lowered on those INCOME SHARE? Yet the bottom HALF of US who've lost almost $5,000 PER family with their 11% pierce of the pie, are moochers??? lol

taxmageddon.png

Weird

Nearly every U.S. state taxes the poor more than the rich, according to a 2009 report by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy. Overall, the poorest 20 percent of households paid an average 10.9 percent of their incomes in state and local taxes in 2007, while the top 1 percent on average paid just 5.2 percent of their incomes in state and local taxes

And I'm going to bet that instead of lowering that taxes for "poor" American (for whom I also bet you are not including the value of the transfer payments they receive in addition to actual wages), you'd rather see increased tax rates for pretty much everyone.

For 30+ years conservatives have duped the low informed into gutting federal tax revenues to benefit the top 1/10th of 1% of US. The only time the US had enough revenues was for 4 short years of Clinton (3 after he vetoed the GOP's $792 billion tax cut). Somehow the Americans survived and prospered with THE SHARED RESPONSIBILITY OF TAXES THAT BENEFITED ALL. now for some reason, attempting to actual pay for Gov't we ALL wanted as we voted for it, is somehow wrong?

Why should the "job creators" be expected to have a tax burden like they did when the US created the worlds largest economy, built the worlds largest middle class with a SHARED economy!

Exactly why those who pay no income taxes should be paying.

Yet those "paying" have shifted the BURDEN down the rung the past 30+ years AS US debt has ALSO soared

Weird'

taxmageddon.png

Weird

Yet those "paying" have shifted the BURDEN down the rung the past 30+ years AS US debt has ALSO soared

Weird'

taxmageddon.png

Post all the charts you want but you still can't answer the question

WHO IS STOPPING YOU FROM MAKING MORE MONEY?

taxmageddon.png

Weird

Gawd, you are blithering bag of babble.

Gutting Tax Receipts? The Feds collected over $3TRILLION last year, a 43% increase over receipts of 2009 (which was supposed to be the end of the recession). Has the ECONOMY grown 43% since then? Hardly. Have middle class wages grown 43% since then? No. Then why the hell does the government deserve 43% more money?

lol

Really? Static dollars? Sorry Bubba, Carter/Clinton had US at 20% of GDP (you know how economist measure it). thanks to Dubya/GOP "job creator" policies federal revenues went to 15% of GDP, Korean war levels. True Obama is getting US back to where Reagan cut it to, but we are STILL a long ways off of where Clinton/Carter had US!

Yes, Dubya's recession hurt US revenues A LOT in 2009 too..

There is no pie.

except you.

I don't listen to Limbaugh or any other blowhard partisan hack on the radio or the idiot box.

That's how I know that there is no one stopping me from improving my financial situation.

You think everyone else is holding you back when all you have to do to see who the real culprit is is look in the mirror.

So now tell me who is stopping you from making more money?

Like I said, you believe in myths and fairy tales and you can't see as a society how it works. I'm shocked. No really I am

Weird

Weird'

taxmageddon.png

You wouldn't recognize a fact if it slapped you on the ass and called you Judy. Please explain how on earth the share of taxes being paid by "The Rich" has increased if the burden has been pushed down the rung?

Good question

What are those 400 people doing specifically that is stopping any of the 150 million from getting richer?

Don't know how monopoly or capitalism works huh? Shocking

The reason we had more equality of income back in the 1950's through the 1970's is that the 1% couldn't keep the money they gave themselves. When high earner's income went into the 70% margin rate (or the 91% rate under Ike), they were simply paying more taxes. No board of directors would okay increases in CEO wages because most of it would go to the IRS. Cap gains rates were also higher. Paying yourself a big salary or bonus was worthless if you couldn't keep it.

It is not immoral to have more than another.

It is jealousy to covet what is not yours

Is it jealosy to expect a wage you can support your family on?

It depends on the skills you bring to the table.

If all you can do is stuff shit into a bag then yes it is too much

Yet since 1980 the top 1% has been more worthy because they are more educated? Work more? What exactly?

What changed about 1981?

cassidy_01.jpg
And how has any of that stopped you from making more money?

It's a question none of you sheep ever answer.

It's a stupid question. Simple answers to complex issues are stupid too.

Weird

Weird'

taxmageddon.png

Post all the charts you want but you still can't answer the question

WHO IS STOPPING YOU FROM MAKING MORE MONEY?

You mean I must believe in the myths and fairy tales you do Bubba? PLEASE show ONE nation to EVER use your libertarian nonsense ANYWHERE at any time?

We created as UNION of the US which is a society. NO ONE ever did it on their own, no one!

Gov't policy matters Bubba

The best and greatest argument against the burgoise society otherwise known as capitalism is the moral argument. I just keep mentioning wealth gap or how it is unfair and people are so outraged that they rush to shut it down. Despite the fact that real communist societies have their own wealth gap between between favoured bureaucrats, chosen individuals and everyone else I just keep telling people how unjust the capatalism system is. I really don't care if nothing else has ever worked in the history of the world or how every other unfree economy was riddled with corruption and had appointed aristocracies to rule over the peasants. I just keep beating this drum to death just so I can shut it down.

First of all, communism can't exist for longer than about 10 minutes once the community grows past just a hand full. What you are calling Communism is actually a corrupted Oligarchy. It ends up being Capitalism unchecked.

Now, Capitalism isn't a government. It's a business practice. If used in a healthy method, it's great for everyone But if you allow it to become an integral part of Government it becomes corrupt. Capitalism, unregulated, takes us back to the old Railroad Baron Days where thousands a year die in "Industrial Accidents" and the Company Store. Yah, I know, regulation is supposed to be a bad thing but it's even worse without it. Too much and it inhibits the Corporation and too little inhibits everyone else.

There is little difference between the US and Russia except we have a better class of Government.

Weird

Weird'

taxmageddon.png

You wouldn't recognize a fact if it slapped you on the ass and called you Judy. Please explain how on earth the share of taxes being paid by "The Rich" has increased if the burden has been pushed down the rung?

Going from 70% effective tax rate to 34% is increased? Really? lol

Good question

Exactly

Especially when those 400 are abiding by the Golden Rule

He who has the gold, makes the rules

Pathetic is you don't think or that Gov't policy doesn't influence wealth or the distribution of it, good or bad

Ayn Rand wrote fiction Bubba

Nope you are a libertarian asshat who believes in myths and fairy tales, yet simply votes the GOP line. Go figure

IF left up to conservative policy, the US would look like any other 3rd world nation, like the US did BEFORE the PROGRESSIVE policies created the worlds largest middle class. NOT a natural thing!

I don't label myself as you need to label yourself.

So are you going to answer the question?

What government policy has stopped you or anyone else from making more money?

Not me, but I suspect the failure to raise the minimum wage hurts workers who are generally the poorest, andsince they are also those without the benefits many of us feel we our entitled to recieve.

Some cities and states are raising the minimum wage, pissing off the greedy and callous since doing so may have no negative effect on the local economy, and may in fact benefit local economies.

I do. I've said it many times.
Why do you want more illegals to drive down wages?
Are you a rich business man?
Why do you hate poor Americans?

Sure, you "said it" yet support policy and politicians who support and do the opposite. Weird

I support politicians who want to seal the border.
You support Obama who wants to import more illegals.
Why do you hate poor Americans?
obamniscient%20hannity.jpg

Obama doesn't want to let millions more illegals come here?
Obama didn't sign an executive amnesty? LOL!
Maybe Obamacare can help you with that brain damage?

Like I said, without false premises, distortions and lies, what would right wingers EVER have?

"Obama doesn't want to let millions more illegals come here?"

There is the LIE

"Obama didn't sign an executive amnesty? "

Thee is the distortion

What else do you morons have Bubba?

Obama is doing nothing to prevent millions of illegals from coming here and reducing wages for Americans.
He hates poor Americans and if you support him, you do too.

Forum List

Back