the only remaining argument against capatalism

It is not immoral to have more than another.

It is jealousy to covet what is not yours

You just don't get it do you?

Where did I say give more to anyone?

Anyone is completely free to earn as much as he can.

And if someone earns more than me I have absolutely no right to any of it.

No one is stopping you or anyone else from making more money. You just don't have the gumption to do what it takes so you whine about other people's wealth instead.

It's pathetic.

Pathetic is you don't think or that Gov't policy doesn't influence wealth or the distribution of it, good or bad

Ayn Rand wrote fiction Bubba

I never read Atlas Shrugged.

So tell me how is the government keeping you from making more money?

Never having read it doesn't mean you don't believe in the myth of perpetuates

You mean how does Gov't keep the "job creators" in luxury and the GOP fighting for them at every turn?

I'm not a republican and I never said the rich were job creators.

I just don't believe I have a right to take what other people have.

So now will you answer the question

What rich guy, what government policy that allegedly favors rich guys has stopped you from making more money?

conservative-logic-87490692705.jpeg

Conservatives don't say we need to give the rich money.

No, they just GIVE it to them through tax loopholes.

So people you call rich pay far more income taxes than the 47% of people who pay no income taxes yet you think the so called rich are getting money given to them?

Seems to me the people who pay ZERO are the ones getting something given to them

You mean the share of the top 1% who have almost tripled and are paying the lowest sustained tax burden on those incomes are paying to much? Even though the total tax burden has dramatically been lowered on those INCOME SHARE? Yet the bottom HALF of US who've lost almost $5,000 PER family with their 11% pierce of the pie, are moochers??? lol

BTW, Income taxes are 45% of the federal revenue pies!

TOTAL effective tax burden by group

taxmageddon.png

So now ZERO income tax is too much?

Oh you mean the zero tax bite on income taxes?

Weird

Poor Americans Pay Double The State, Local Tax Rates Of Top One Percent

Nearly every U.S. state taxes the poor more than the rich, according to a 2009 report by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy. Overall, the poorest 20 percent of households paid an average 10.9 percent of their incomes in state and local taxes in 2007, while the top 1 percent on average paid just 5.2 percent of their incomes in state and local taxes

Poor Americans Pay Double The State Local Tax Rates Of Top One Percent

Sure they don't Bubba, sure. What do you think 30+ years of trickle down Reaganomics does again???
Well, there you go. (-: One can make good arguments that Reaganomics really did result in more wealth overall, and our houses and tvs are lot bigger, to say nothing of greater consumer choice. But at the same time, you have guys like skull pilot parroting how the top quintile (or whatever) pay 47% of income tax, while conveniently ignoring just not that their income/wealth increased much more than the tax bite, but also that property and local sales tax bites have risen on the working class faster than their incomes rose.

Taxes aren't fair. They never were supposed to be. We want to tax as little as possible, but we also need a society to deliver basic education and healthcare so as to maintain a middle class. And the middle class was largely a creation of the GI bill ....or govt intervention.

I said the bottom 47% pay zero income taxes.
It's still an intentional argument made to ignore the alterations in tax and income overall.

it's not an argument it is a fact.

So people you call rich pay far more income taxes than the 47% of people who pay no income taxes yet you think the so called rich are getting money given to them?

Seems to me the people who pay ZERO are the ones getting something given to them

You mean the share of the top 1% who have almost tripled and are paying the lowest sustained tax burden on those incomes are paying to much? Even though the total tax burden has dramatically been lowered on those INCOME SHARE? Yet the bottom HALF of US who've lost almost $5,000 PER family with their 11% pierce of the pie, are moochers??? lol

taxmageddon.png

Weird

Nearly every U.S. state taxes the poor more than the rich, according to a 2009 report by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy. Overall, the poorest 20 percent of households paid an average 10.9 percent of their incomes in state and local taxes in 2007, while the top 1 percent on average paid just 5.2 percent of their incomes in state and local taxes

Sorry but the taxes are the same for everyone because most state taxes are flat taxes.

But now tell me how any of these states stop the "poor" from making more money.

taxmageddon.png

Weird

And I'm going to bet that instead of lowering that taxes for "poor" American (for whom I also bet you are not including the value of the transfer payments they receive in addition to actual wages), you'd rather see increased tax rates for pretty much everyone.

No one is stopping you or anyone else from making more money. You just don't have the gumption to do what it takes so you whine about other people's wealth instead.

It's pathetic.

Pathetic is you don't think or that Gov't policy doesn't influence wealth or the distribution of it, good or bad

You mean how does Gov't keep the "job creators" in luxury and the GOP fighting for them at every turn?

What rich guy, what government policy that allegedly favors rich guys has stopped you from making more money?

Nope you are a libertarian asshat who believes in myths and fairy tales, yet simply votes the GOP line. Go figure

IF left up to conservative policy, the US would look like any other 3rd world nation, like the US did BEFORE the PROGRESSIVE policies created the worlds largest middle class. NOT a natural thing!

Sure they don't Bubba, sure. What do you think 30+ years of trickle down Reaganomics does again???
Well, there you go. (-: One can make good arguments that Reaganomics really did result in more wealth overall, and our houses and tvs are lot bigger, to say nothing of greater consumer choice. But at the same time, you have guys like skull pilot parroting how the top quintile (or whatever) pay 47% of income tax, while conveniently ignoring just not that their income/wealth increased much more than the tax bite, but also that property and local sales tax bites have risen on the working class faster than their incomes rose.

Taxes aren't fair. They never were supposed to be. We want to tax as little as possible, but we also need a society to deliver basic education and healthcare so as to maintain a middle class. And the middle class was largely a creation of the GI bill ....or govt intervention.

Yep, that 45% of the pie of federal revenues, and you are using old numbers. It's about 43%, mostly younger workers who will pay income taxes in the future, the elderly who already paid or the disabled. But let me guess, the bottom HAL;F of US who get 11% of the pie aren't paying enough? lol

It's pathetic.

Nope you are a libertarian asshat who believes in myths and fairy tales, yet simply votes the GOP line. Go figure

IF left up to conservative policy, the US would look like any other 3rd world nation, like the US did BEFORE the PROGRESSIVE policies created the worlds largest middle class. NOT a natural thing!

I don't label myself as you need to label yourself.

So are you going to answer the question?

What government policy has stopped you or anyone else from making more money?

taxmageddon.png

Weird

And I'm going to bet that instead of lowering that taxes for "poor" American (for whom I also bet you are not including the value of the transfer payments they receive in addition to actual wages), you'd rather see increased tax rates for pretty much everyone.

Oh right, "transfer payments", the "job creators" aren't paying a living wage, so must be subsidized to keep American's at a min level, but you think it's wrong for the "job creators" to start stepping up the way they did when the US created the worlds largest middle class?

We had no rich "job creators" when top tax rates were 70%-94% right

It's still an intentional argument made to ignore the alterations in tax and income overall.

it's not an argument it is a fact.

Yes, it's 45% of the federal revenue pie. Of course the tax they have paid, the SS has been used to fund Gov't since 1983, to the tune of $2.7+ trillion right?

It's pathetic.

What rich guy, what government policy that allegedly favors rich guys has stopped you from making more money

Good question

I think the shift to supply side economics has prevented all Americans from making more money. It has created an economy where workers fear for their jobs, where workers sacrifice benefits for some hope of job security, where unions are powerless and where workers are expected to pick up more of the tab for healthcare, education and retirement

Yep, that 45% of the pie of federal revenues, and you are using old numbers. It's about 43%, mostly younger workers who will pay income taxes in the future, the elderly who already paid or the disabled. But let me guess, the bottom HAL;F of US who get 11% of the pie aren't paying enough? lol
There is no pie.

You can get as much as you want because no one is stopping you from getting it

except you.

Without false premises, distortions and lies, what would the right EVER have bubba?

It's pathetic.

What rich guy, what government policy that allegedly favors rich guys has stopped you from making more money

Good question

I think the shift to supply side economics has prevented all Americans from making more money. It has created an economy where workers fear for their jobs, where workers sacrifice benefits for some hope of job security, where unions are powerless and where workers are expected to pick up more of the tab for healthcare, education and retirement

Everyone's job is temporary and always has been

And how does any of that stop anyone from making more money if they want to?

The problem is that no one wants to sacrifice their TV time or their over 40 beer ball league to better their own finances

Without false premises, distortions and lies, what would the right EVER have bubba?

Still won't answer the question.

I know why you won't because the answer is

NO ONE IS STOPPING YOU FROM MAKING MORE MONEY

you just need to believe someone is.

The problem is that no one wants to sacrifice their TV time or their over 40 beer ball league to better their own finances

Correction, everyone's job is temporary except for those held by Unionized Public Employees. Even when they fail to do their jobs, they aren't fired. In the rare event one of them becomes an embarassment, he is retired with a fat pension.

Good question

You are ignoring what has happened to a society and using what a single individual may accomplish as a justification that 100 million working Americans can just hunker down and earn mor

Good question

You are ignoring what has happened to a society and using what a single individual may accomplish as a justification that 100 million working Americans can just hunker down and earn mor

um they can.

What one man can do another can do.

People just don't have the drive anymore. It's been replaced by learned helplessness.

taxmageddon.png

Weird

For 30+ years conservatives have duped the low informed into gutting federal tax revenues to benefit the top 1/10th of 1% of US. The only time the US had enough revenues was for 4 short years of Clinton (3 after he vetoed the GOP's $792 billion tax cut). Somehow the Americans survived and prospered with THE SHARED RESPONSIBILITY OF TAXES THAT BENEFITED ALL. now for some reason, attempting to actual pay for Gov't we ALL wanted as we voted for it, is somehow wrong?

Nah, who needs taxes to fund Gov't right?

Why should the "job creators" be expected to have a tax burden like they did when the US created the worlds largest economy, built the worlds largest middle class with a SHARED economy!

taxmageddon.png

Weird

For 30+ years conservatives have duped the low informed into gutting federal tax revenues to benefit the top 1/10th of 1% of US. The only time the US had enough revenues was for 4 short years of Clinton (3 after he vetoed the GOP's $792 billion tax cut). Somehow the Americans survived and prospered with THE SHARED RESPONSIBILITY OF TAXES THAT BENEFITED ALL. now for some reason, attempting to actual pay for Gov't we ALL wanted as we voted for it, is somehow wrong?

Nah, who needs taxes to fund Gov't right?

Why should the "job creators" be expected to have a tax burden like they did when the US created the worlds largest economy, built the worlds largest middle class with a SHARED economy!

Exactly why those who pay no income taxes should be paying.

Forum List

Back