The Other Day I read About A Gay Couple Who Had Been Together Over 70 Years...

And because you supposedly read this somewhere, it must be true.

I read somewhere that peace broke out in the middle east. It must be true.

Forgive me if I am skeptical that a couple living an unhealthy lifestyle has been together 70 year when most couples don't live long enough for them to be together 70 years. Unless they met as teenagers, they would have to be in their 90s. That's quite a bit longer than the life expectancy of the average person. A homosexual has a significantly shorter life expectancy.

And how do we know they've been completely faithful to one another? Because you say so? Or this mysterious article that you didn't have the decency to quote.

And, btw they still aren't married. You can call a tiger a dog all you want, but the tiger is still a cat. Marriage, by definition, is a union between man and woman. You could call a tea kettle a marriage too, but it's still a tea kettle. Mislabeling things does not change the definition, it's just an attempt to lie to yourself and others.

My husband and I have been together for almost 14 years. We've been married for almost 3 and our marriage was just legally recognized by my state.

Why people continue to fight this losing battle is beyond me? I can't wait for the SC to finally put this issue to rest.

Forgive me if I am skeptical that a couple living an unhealthy lifestyle has been together 70 year when most couples don't live long enough for them to be together 70 years. Unless they met as teenagers, they would have to be in their 90s. That's quite a bit longer than the life expectancy of the average person. A homosexual has a significantly shorter life expectancy.

And how do we know they've been completely faithful to one another? Because you say so? Or this mysterious article that you didn't have the decency to quote.

And, btw they still aren't married. You can call a tiger a dog all you want, but the tiger is still a cat. Marriage, by definition, is a union between man and woman. You could call a tea kettle a marriage too, but it's still a tea kettle. Mislabeling things does not change the definition, it's just an attempt to lie to yourself and others.

If you took some time out from your hate you might Google "gay couple together 72 years" and you'd find it is a legit story. How does if feel when your theology crashes into reality?

As to gay life expectancy, it has been found that gay marriage improves the health of the partners. Do you hate gays enough to want them to die early than necessary?

Since the advent of same-sex marriage in Denmark, married gay men and women have seen their death rates drop, a new study finds.

The research fits well with other studies that have linked health and marriage among opposite-sex couples. Men in same-sex couples now have lower mortality rates than unmarried or divorced men, with only men in opposite-sex marriages living longer.

"Among men in Denmark, it is more dangerous to be unmarried or divorced than to be married to another man," said study researcher Martin Frisch of the Statens Serum Institute in Copenhagen and the Center for Sexology Research of Aalborg University.

BTW, you don't get to select the definition of a word, society does, and in our society the definition of marriage includes same-sex couples.

It sounds like a wonderfully healthy lifestyle to me. The degree of love it must of taken to stay together that long during periods when unreasoning hatred certainly created great stresses for them can only be called a testament in their honor. They should be held out as a shining example of how people should act toward each other. Bravo for them.

What was the point? I mean, it's not like they're going to celebrate a tenth anniversary or anything.

Obama was against same sex marriage until a very short time ago, so blame him that these women couldn't get married.

The other fifty percent don't know about their partners infidelity, obviously.

So you believe that only gays can commit to one another? And that all straight marriages last only because one spouse doesn't find out about the others infidelity?
How cynical.

Cute old lady couple. I am glad they finally get to make it "legal". :)

And they have just gotten married.
Over 70 years of faithfulness. Seventy freaking years of being in love, and committed to one another. Just gotten married.

Would someone like to tell me why the fuck you feel its okay for straight couples to get married willy nilly, but not okay for this wonderful gay couple (they are women) to be married?

Seventy years. Think about that.

Can't think about 70 years without being at least that old. Would have nothing in your experience to compare such a span of time to.

Have to conceed too if they've been together for 70 years, at some critical tipping point they really didn't have an option if they split up. Single lesbian, a few miles, iso female. :) So being together past that point of viability was possibly just a lack of options.

Would have to notice too perhaps the reason they've been so successful is they hadn't gotten married. Marriage is a legal obligation. Living with someone isn't (but for some arcane legal stuff where you're 'as good as') If they wanna commit to each other (hehe) am all for it. I just don't get as hot n bothered about it as others do. I'm 43 and very happily unmarried with no aspirations of that ever changing.
This is a completely stupid post. Gay couples are not any different than straight couples. If two people have been together for 70 years it means they have a close, strong relationship of love and companionship: just like it would be for a straight couple. They are not together because they have no other options. That's a really ignorant statement.
Thanks for the laugh
IDIOT.

And they have just gotten married.
Over 70 years of faithfulness. Seventy freaking years of being in love, and committed to one another. Just gotten married.

Would someone like to tell me why the fuck you feel its okay for straight couples to get married willy nilly, but not okay for this wonderful gay couple (they are women) to be married?

Seventy years. Think about that.

Well maybe if they got married they would of got a divorce. Maybe they had open arrangement. Gay marriages are just going to make more attorneys money.

Over 50% of marriages today end in divorce. so I guess they're fighting for marriage so they get the pleasure of going through a divorce?

Many people in this and age live together without marriage.

Yes, 50% of marriages end in divorce. Straight marriages.

Seems straight people are the problem here.

and we really don't know the outcome of gay marriages do we. It will be just as bad.

Forum List

Back