The party of small government strikes again

I’m glad my government is focusing on the important stuff

I see your shit memory is kicking in again

Then what was the point of posting this?

The point of the posting was the outlawing of participation awards.

How did you miss that in the OP?

With that you all can have this thread, I am done with it

Enjoy your circle jerk.

The point of the posting was the outlawing of participation awards.

How did you miss that in the OP?
Outlawing participation awards and who passed it? NC state lawmakers

And who funds youth sports leagues around the nation? As you said earlier
"Federal funding"

So why are you against state's opposing the fed?

I do oppose the decision as it is not the job of the state Govt. And I made the thread mocking the Repubs because they claim to be the party of small government.

At least the Dems are honest about their love of big government.
Who do you think you're fooling? You've never done anything in this forum other than support and defend big goverment.

No where in this thread did I say I supported Fed Govt funding of youth sports.

If you are just going to lie, why even bother to post.
Of course you support it. How else are you going to impose your social engineering on our children?

Outlawing participation awards and who passed it? NC state lawmakers

And who funds youth sports leagues around the nation? As you said earlier
"Federal funding"

So why are you against state's opposing the fed?

There is no law that says children have to get participation trophies, moron. The state government is trying to tell local levels that they can't.
Golfing Gator never said he agreed with participation trophies. Only that he disagreed with the state government telling locals that they can't.

IE big government. Something you Trumpbots apparently agree with.

Democrats/liberals..........Trump & his supporters.........Center...............Everyone else
...........................................You're here ^^^^^

Yes, this is an example of big government. when a higher level takes away power from a lower level that is an example of big government
The key point here is that it took power away from these local entities. That's a reduction in government authority. The state government did what parents wanted.

If you really oppose big government, then come out against public schools.

If he really opposed big government, he'd be railing against Democrat, which is something I've never heard him do. Gator is just a phony, always criticizing Republicans, especially Trump But I've never heard him make a peep about Biden or the Democrat Party.

I thought you had some sense but clearly you're another lolbertarian

I'm no longer a libertarian. I stopped supporting them when the liberals invaded them in about 2013.

I'm a fiscal and constitutional conservative. Something you Trumpbots don't have a clue about.

Fiscal conservatism is a political position (primarily in the United States of America) that calls for lower levels of public spending, lower taxes and lower government debt. Fiscal conservatism may also support limited periods of higher taxes in order to lower the public debt. It can include any or all levels of government, federal, state and local. Fiscal conservatism is typically justified in terms of economic efficiency (it assumes the private sector is more efficient than the public sector), and in moral terms with high spending, budget deficits, and high debt seen as indicators of corruption. In opposition to corruption fiscal conservatism develops classic themes of republicanism that emerged in the era of the American Revolution. Fiscal conservatism rejects the Keynesian policy of deficit spending.

North Carolina lawmakers introduce bill to ban participation trophies for kids

North Carolina lawmakers introduced a bill to ban giving children participation trophies for youth sports activities.

The three Republican state representatives — Sens. Tim Moffitt, Eddie Settle, and Bobby Hanig — introduced the bill, called Eliminate Participation Trophies, to the state senate on March 30.

The bill says that any award given to children for youth recreation activities must be based on identified performance achievements.

"Youth sports or other youth recreation activities operated under the authority of a local government shall not include awards for participants based solely on their participation in the sport or other activity," according to the proposed one-page bill.

Now, whether you agree with participation trophies or not, I think we could all agree it is not something the government needs to be sticking its nose in to.
Agreed. We need more intervention in our lives like we need another hole in our head.

Forum List

Back