The party of small government strikes again

Once again the false equivalency of "wanting small government = wanting no government"

Since the currency is government issued and regulated, how is this an example of government overreach?

GolfingGator: Holding the right to impossible standards while letting the left mutilate and drug kids as long as he "Gets teh Trumpers" since 2020!

There are lots of businesses which go cashless. And they quickly change their policies because they lose business. The government should not be involved.

How is this going to be policed. In addition to monitoring the menstral periods of female athletes, what else is Ron DeSantis going to waste taxpayers' money on?

How does this help the American people succeed???

The law allows cash only, while it does not allow card only. This is my complaint. If you are going to force one method, why not the other one.

Because legal tender is the basis for the currency used as a measure for the card transactions, not the other way around.

Currency is the baseline.

There are lots of businesses which go cashless. And they quickly change their policies because they lose business. The government should not be involved.

How is this going to be policed. In addition to monitoring the menstral periods of female athletes, what else is Ron DeSantis going to waste taxpayers' money on?

How does this help the American people succeed???

Easy. Report any business refusing to take your cash. Investigate and fine accordingly. Same as they enforce the labor laws, the cleanliness laws for restaurants, etc.

This stuff really is above you liberals heads, isn't it?

You have no problems forcing people to make you wear masks in private businesses, forcing them to accommodate the elderly, forcing them to pay 15 dollars an hour to burger flippers, trying to force a Christian business to be open on Sunday, etc. But damn, making them take cash you'd think you're asking them to lick your fucking toes.

I love the way everyone switches sides in these kinds of threads. Funny stuff.

Because the debt is still owed to the owners when the person tries to leave the store.

The debt doesn't happen when the person tries to pay for it.
??? - okay. You've completely jumped the shark with this argument. Try something else.

The law allows cash only, while it does not allow card only. This is my complaint. If you are going to force one method, why not the other one.
/----/ OK, giving you the benefit of the doubt, if it allows cash only, then I agree with you. I just didn't read it that way.

I love the way everyone switches sides in these kinds of threads. Funny stuff.

I haven't switched anything, I just draw the line somewhere, as opposed to you who thinks there should be no lines, just anarchy and the strong oppressing the weak because they can get away with it.

I haven't switched anything,
Agreed. You've been a straight up statist since the beginning. But it is funny watching Dems defend the rights of private businesses and Republicans rallying for Public Accommodations laws. You guys must get dizzy. Is it hard to remember which side you're on?

Agreed. You've been a straight up statist since the beginning. But it is funny watching Dems defend the rights of private businesses and Republicans rallying for Public Accommodations laws. You guys must get dizzy. Is it hard to remember which side you're on?

Is it hard to figure out that just because republicans don't like EVERY law or rule made against businesses, doesn't mean we want NO RULES?

Is it hard to figure out that just because republicans don't like EVERY law or rule made against businesses, doesn't mean we want NO RULES?
It's hard to figure out when you're going to be against intrusive government and when you're going to be in favor of it, yeah. Mostly it seems ad hoc. And often flips around a few times before the shit parties sort it out.

It's hard to figure out when you're going to be against intrusive government and when you're going to be in favor of it, yeah. Mostly it seems ad hoc. And often flips around a few times before the shit parties sort it out.
I always imagine a kind of bi-partisan committee who meet regularly to decide which party is going to be on which side of current issues.

Not even close, you absolutist idiot.

I know where I draw the lines, and it's not the Statist side. What you do is advocate a system that guarantees the Statists would eventually take over.

Not even close, you absolutist idiot.

I know where I draw the lines, and it's not the Statist side. What you do is advocate a system that guarantees the Statists would eventually take over.
Yes. You've mentioned that many times. Line Drawer Supreme!

More big government from the government loving fool. Is there any thing you do not think the Govt should control?

You're anything but a 'small government' advocate, this thread premise is a joke. You defend the left at every fascist twist and turn they take. What idiot still believes that any party in charge of running the government is for 'small government', you'd have to be a complete stooge to even try to imply that is anywhere near true, or ever was. It will never be 'small', grow up.

Most of these stores do it to block out the homeless and lower classes that don't have access to banking.

And if they are true Public Accommodations, they open themselves to regulation like this.
In bright blue Spokane, a popular brewhouse has gone cashless due to the crime ridden area that they are located in. I believe this is wrong. The green back dollar is the tender of this republic and is legal for all debts public and private. The business should either provide their own security or demand the city council to provide the services they pay for. Now that they have a progressive mayor, the city has NO POLICE CHIEF and NO FIRE CHIEF. Homelessness and crime are rampant. I will not set foot in that city until massive governmental changes are put into effect and the city starts to once again serve the taxpayers.

You're anything but a 'small government' advocate, this thread premise is a joke. You defend the left at every fascist twist and turn they take. What idiot still believes that any party in charge of running the government is for 'small government', you'd have to be a complete stooge to even try to imply that is anywhere near true, or ever was. It will never be 'small', grow up.
Bend over!

Forum List

Back