The party of small government strikes again

Who says?

God, do you ever stop beating the Public Accommodation nonsense? It would seem you think it means that businesses have to do what ever the state demands.

You open up a section of your business to the public for point of sale items, you have to follow the State's rules on commerce.

I do like choice, which is why I am against this law.

You support the Govt forcing places to take cash, do you also support the Govt forcing places to take cards?
/----/ I had to go back and reread the story to make sure I didn't get it wrong. But the law doesn't require cash only; while omitting credit cards, it just includes cash as an option. So, I'm not understanding what your complaint is since you can still use your CC and DC.
BTW, I rarely use cash anymore unless the store has a minimum charge amount or a CC surcharge.

The Florida Legislature may slam on the breaks.

Refusing cash payments could become illegal for most Florida businesses in 2024 under legislation sponsored by state Sen. Shevrin Jones, a Miami-Dade County Democrat, and state Rep. Joel Rudman, a Panhandle Republican.

So you dont think I should be able to make a business from me trading my goods or services for other goods and services?
What if I didnt have the need for money?

if you make it a private contract with the other party, have at it. Once you open your business as a point of sale PA, that part of the business has to follow the PA laws of the State you are in.

If its yours, you don't owe them anything. But I think any sane court would say it's not yours until you pay for it. They'd just say you were shoplifting.

So by possessing it in said store with the intent to leave with it, you put yourself in debt to the store owner until you remove the debt by paying him.

So by possessing it in said store with the intent to leave with it, you put yourself in debt to the store owner until you remove the debt by paying him.
No. You've committed a crime. And you're subject to arrest and prosecution.

Is this really how you think?

No. You've committed a crime. And you're subject to arrest and prosecution.

Is this really how you think?

No, that's what you idiots are thinking, I'm just clarifying your thought lines.

The crime is based on the fact you owe the person for their property before leaving with it, i.e. a debt to them.

So the debt is incurred when you take possession of the item with intent to keep it, not when you walk up to the counter to pay for it.

I just took the tuna off the shelf, is it mine now or do I owe the owner something for it?

It is not yours, you could put it drop it on any shelf you wish until the time you pay for it, then it becomes yours.

So I can just walk out of the store, because I don't owe the owner anything by your reasoning.

That is called stealing. It belong to the store till the moment you pay for it.

"If you open a public accommodation, the state owns your ass. Get over it!"

That's right. That's why its called a "business license" and not a "business right."

By opening a business in your state you agree to abide by all laws passed in that state. Opening a business there is a privilege not a right. Because you can be forced to close by the state, so it's definitely not a right.

Everyone who owns money has access to cash. They don't necessarily have access to credit or debit cards because neither of those is actual money. So you're unfairly targeting those people for exclusion. What if most of them turn out to be black? Could this turn into a race issue?

"If you open a public accommodation, the state owns your ass. Get over it!"

Not "owns your ass", but you open yourself to regulation based on the States ability to regulate commerce, usually part of the State's Constitution.

We already discussed this. Try to keep up. I know you're a little slow. You have to take cash

yes, I know that is your opinion, as well as that of all the other big government loving fools.

Those of us who actually favor freedom do not agree with you.

It is not yours, you could put it drop it on any shelf you wish until the time you pay for it, then it becomes yours.

That is called stealing. It belong to the store till the moment you pay for it.

Notice I said intent to take possession of it.

Yes, and thus when you pick it up you take on a debt for it to the current owner,

But the law doesn't require cash only; while omitting credit cards, it just includes cash as an option. So, I'm not understanding what your complaint is since you can still use your CC and DC.

The law allows cash only, while it does not allow card only. This is my complaint. If you are going to force one method, why not the other one.

Forum List

Back