The People We Dislike And Why

Which option most closely represents you and your feelings?

• 0. None of the following accurately represents how I feel

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • 1. I dislike all black people

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. I dislike all black people but it's not because they're black

• 3. I dislike some black people because they're black (if they weren't black you'd be okay with them)

• 4. I dislike some black people but not because they're black (you'd dislike them even if they werent

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 5. I don't dislike black people

• 6. I dislike all white people

• 7. I dislike all white people but it's not because they're white

• 8. I dislike some white people because they're white (if they weren't white you'd be okay with them)

• 9. I dislike some white people but not because they're white (you'd dislike them even if they werent

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 10. I don't dislike white people

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 11. It's complicated

• Total voters
I have a reason for these questions but don't want to introduce any bias into the process, at least as best as I can manage. Please indicate which option most closely represents how you feel and see your fellow man/woman:
I dislike thugs regardless of race. Having said that, they are not equally represented in demographics. Far too many Martins, Floyds and Browns for that.

I have a reason for these questions but don't want to introduce any bias into the process, at least as best as I can manage. Please indicate which option most closely represents how you feel and see your fellow man/woman:
What a racist! What about Asians, Indians, Mexicans, Jews, etc. Damn, you haters got no soul.

I don't think in terms of disliking people.

Every person I meet is a potential friend.

You didn't ask the right questions. I don’t dislike black people. They have exhausted me. I am done. I don't want to listen to their many complaints and excuses any more. I don't even want to hear another demand. Not only do black lives not matter, they need to disappear for about ten years.

I grew up in a very integrated slum. One of the first lessons I learned about life was that there are evil people and trash in every race, creed, or nationality. It's all a question of character, not race, religion or national origin. Another was that bad crap can happen to good people. Another was that dwelling on past injustices gets you nowhere.

Interesting that you gave us 11 choices and failed to list the way most people pick and choose the people they hate.

Hate is a serious emotion. It's an individual emotion. You can hate your boss, you can hate your EX, I don't hate my boss because he's bald, I don't hate my EX because she wears white after Labor Day. I hate them for what they, personally, did, or didn't do to me.

Anyone who hate a set , or subset, of people based on a single physical characteristic is a moron. It's not complicated. It's simple and it's visceral.

Interesting that you gave us 11 choices and failed to list the way most people pick and choose the people they hate.

Hate is a serious emotion. It's an individual emotion. You can hate your boss, you can hate your EX, I don't hate my boss because he's bald, I don't hate my EX because she wears white after Labor Day. I hate them for what they, personally, did, or didn't do to me.

Anyone who hate a set , or subset, of people based on a single physical characteristic is a moron. It's not complicated. It's simple and it's visceral.
Except I intentionally didn't use the word hate.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I appreciate you taking the effort to not introduce bias. But it simply isn't a matter of race. Skin color just plain is not the deciding factor in disliking anyone, although there are some on USMB seem to think that it should be. On Jan. 6, for instances, we saw all races and both sexes risking themselves to defend our democracy and Constitution. They kept their oaths. It is character qualities, like integrity and loyalty, that count.

Forum List

Back