The Police really taught Tarantino a lesson

He's a racist liberal Hollywood idiot who knows nothing about the real world. Most Hollywood people are. Americans generally don't care what an artists views are if their art is enjoyable they still consume it.

I hate the politics of Tupac, Jay Z, Lil Wayne and 2 Chainz. But guess what....I have songs by all of them in my workout mix because their music is great.

I hate the politics of Michael Bay but i watch his films. Oliver Stone too.

I don't like Tarantino films, even before the police comments. He's too racist and sexist for my taste.

Absolutely. I listen to and watch all kinds of things. Doesn't mean I agree with the artist's/actor's/musician's personal opinions.

I'm going to say this. This movie is not nearly as good as Kill Bill 1 and 2, or Pulp Fiction, and it has the same plot as Reservoir Dogs.

Every one of his movies are extremely violent and involve male on male rape. I still like them, but I feel like it's wrong to like them.
I know there was homosexual rape in Pulp Fiction but I don't recall any of that in True Romance, which is an intensely powerful love story.

We can like Tarantino's presentations of violence for the same reason we like Puzo and Coppola's presentations in the Godfather trilogy (although Godfather III was a redundant turkey). It doesn't mean we like cruelty and pathological violence. But a glimpse of that level of human behavior expands our awareness of reality from a safe distance.

The relevance resides in the quality of the presentation. I believe The Godfather, Godfather II and Tarantino's movies are a specific art form.

Every one of his movies are extremely violent and involve male on male rape. I still like them, but I feel like it's wrong to like them.
I know there was homosexual rape in Pulp Fiction but I don't recall any of that in True Romance, which is an intensely powerful love story.

We can like Tarantino's presentations of violence for the same reason we like Puzo and Coppola's presentations in the Godfather trilogy (although Godfather III was a redundant turkey). It doesn't mean we like cruelty and pathological violence. But a glimpse of that level of human behavior expands our awareness of reality from a safe distance.

The relevance resides in the quality of the presentation. I believe The Godfather, Godfather II and Tarantino's movies are a specific art form.

Also, because the movies would be boring. Lol. :D

Forum List

Back