The Politics of the "Abortion" Word Games

I didn't lie about anything, it is well publicized that Obama voted for a bill as an Illinois state senator that would have allowed abortions after birth

You just lied about it again.

Obama has NEVER supported any legislation that "would have allowed abortions after birth".

I didn't lie about anything, it is well publicized that Obama voted for a bill as an Illinois state senator that would have allowed abortions after birth

You just lied about it again.

Obama has NEVER supported any legislation that "would have allowed abortions after birth".

OMGosh! The posters on this forum.... :eek:

Triple_facepalm.png

Just please. Please shut the fuck up. This is going nowhere. A fetus is not a person. It's probably not even alive. Abortion is no different than an appendectomy. If you don't like that, then move to a country that hasn't yet legalized it. I recommend the Philippines. And take your fucked up woman hating ideas with you.

A fetus isn't a human being. Neither was the living basil carcinoma that was removed from my brother's nose last year.

Yes, a fetus is a living human being. There is no biological debate regarding this, there is not even a legal debate. A cancerous growth are cells the living organism is producing, they are not a living organism like a fetus. Learn some fucking science, moron!

Just please. Please shut the fuck up. This is going nowhere. A fetus is not a person. It's probably not even alive. Abortion is no different than an appendectomy. If you don't like that, then move to a country that hasn't yet legalized it. I recommend the Philippines. And take your fucked up woman hating ideas with you.

No sir, I will NOT shut the fuck up. Not today, not tomorrow, not until we stop killing a million Americans each year for the sake of vanity and convenience. That's not going to happen, so get used to hearing me. A fetus most certainly IS a human being. It can't be anything else and be a living organism that needs to be aborted or terminated. You've not supported your argument and claim in ANY way, with science or logic and reason. You're simply bowing up and denouncing basic fucking biological facts of life.

What I can't stand the thought of is a million lives per year being sucked down a tube for the sake of vanity and convenience. You're okay with that because you have no regard for the sanctity of human life. You don't even value the mental health of those who are getting the abortions.

Guy, we've already established that the 'Depressed abortion patient' thing is a myth. Reagan told C. Evereet Coop to prove that, and he couldn't.

People just don't matter to you at all, this is one of the key liberal agenda items so you have to do battle for it, and that's really all you give a fuck about.

People do matter to me. But what' I've seen is that in the last 40 years, your side hasn't really tried to outlaw abortion, you just use it to keep the CHristian Stupids upset and voting against their own economic interests.

Which actually probably CAUSES more abortions when working folks can't afford the babies.

I've never said anything about "criminalizing' abortion, just as I've never mentioned "outlawing" abortion. I have explained my position numerous times. I think abortion should be rare and not "on demand." In situations where the woman became pregnant through no choice of her own... rape, incest, etc., I believe the woman should have the option to terminate the pregnancy within the first trimester. Where tests indicate the child will have severe birth defects or brain damage, I think the mother should have the right to terminate such a pregnancy within the first trimester. If the mother's life is at risk, again... she should have the right to choose. However, if the woman has chosen to willingly have unprotected sexual intercourse and has become pregnant and has remained pregnant for some time past the first trimester, she should not be allowed to abort the child. If she does not want the child, it can be adopted. The madness has to stop and it will.

Okay, guy, the thing is that you just said you won't "outlaw" or "criminalize" abortion, but then gave a set of circumstances where you think it shouldn't be allowed. I'm having a hard time figuring out how you do that without the force of law.

Now you liberal schmucks can be as condescending as you please here, Roe v. Wade is law of the land and women can get abortions in every state. But I believe Roe will be revisited in our lifetimes and when it is, I hope that SCOTUS acknowledges the rights of the unborn.

Guy, here's the problem. The majority that decided Roe was 5 Republicans and 2 Democrats. The majority of Republican appointees to the court since then - Souter, Stevens, O'Connor and Kennedy - voted to retain it. Republicans don't want this ruling overturned. Not really.

But even if they did, most states would simply put laws on the books leaving it up to the woman and her doctor, and the few cases where you'd get laws, the doctors will pretty much ignore them.

A fetus isn't a human being. Neither was the living basil carcinoma that was removed from my brother's nose last year.

Yes, a fetus is a living human being. There is no biological debate regarding this, there is not even a legal debate. A cancerous growth are cells the living organism is producing, they are not a living organism like a fetus. Learn some fucking science, moron!

Is everyone who disagrees with you a moron? I ask, because if you think that, perhaps the error is in your thinking, not that half the world is populated with morons.

No sir, I will NOT shut the fuck up. Not today, not tomorrow, not until we stop killing a million Americans each year for the sake of vanity and convenience. That's not going to happen, so get used to hearing me. A fetus most certainly IS a human being. It can't be anything else and be a living organism that needs to be aborted or terminated. You've not supported your argument and claim in ANY way, with science or logic and reason. You're simply bowing up and denouncing basic fucking biological facts of life.

Fetuses aren't people, and the rich are playing you for a fool.

Once again Don PoliticalSpice Quixote is on her futile crusade to tear down the wall of separation between church and state.

There is no such "wall, " you uneducated dunce.

The KKKer, Hugo Black, FDR's first Supreme Court nominee, inserted it and dopes like you believe that the concept was not anathema to the view of the Founders.

1. The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting ... First Amendment to the United States Constitution

Once again PoliticalSpice exposes her woeful ignorance of American history.

The KKKer, Hugo Black, FDR's first Supreme Court nominee, inserted it and dopes like you believe that the concept was no anathema to the view of the Founders.

Try reading Thomas Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists.

Jefferson s Letter to the Danbury Baptists June 1998 - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson​
Jan. 1. 1802.

It was Jefferson himself who first used the phrase to describe the intent of the 1st Amendment.

Once again you have made a fool of yourself!

:lmao:

Jefferson recognized America as a Christian nation but didn't believe that any particular denomination should be dominant over the others. That was one of the reasons why he broke from England. He was wholly opposed to any government regulating a person's right to religion:

Jefferson understood their concern; it was also his own. In fact, he made numerous declarations about the constitutional inability of the federal government to regulate, restrict, or interfere with religious expression. For example:

[N]o power over the freedom of religion . . . [is] delegated to the United States by the Constitution. Kentucky Resolution, 1798 [3]

In matters of religion, I have considered that its free exercise is placed by the Constitution independent of the powers of the general [federal] government. Second Inaugural Address, 1805 [4]

[O]ur excellent Constitution . . . has not placed our religious rights under the power of any public functionary. Letter to the Methodist Episcopal Church, 1808 [5]

I consider the government of the United States as interdicted [prohibited] by the Constitution from intermeddling with religious institutions . . . or exercises. Letter to Samuel Millar, 1808 [6]
WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - The Separation of Church and State

By the same token, Jefferson was responsible for using the halls of Congress for church services:

It is no exaggeration to say that on Sundays in Washington during the administrations of Thomas Jefferson (1801-1809) and of James Madison (1809-1817) the state became the church. Within a year of his inauguration, Jefferson began attending church services in the House of Representatives. Madison followed Jefferson's example, although unlike Jefferson, who rode on horseback to church in the Capitol, Madison came in a coach and four. Worship services in the House--a practice that continued until after the Civil War--were acceptable to Jefferson because they were nondiscriminatory and voluntary. Preachers of every Protestant denomination appeared. (Catholic priests began officiating in 1826.) As early as January 1806 a female evangelist, Dorothy Ripley, delivered a camp meeting-style exhortation in the House to Jefferson, Vice President Aaron Burr, and a "crowded audience." Throughout his administration Jefferson permitted church services in executive branch buildings. The Gospel was also preached in the Supreme Court chambers.
Religion and the Federal Government Part 2 - Religion and the Founding of the American Republic Exhibitions Library of Congress

The first Congress sponsored the first Bible printed in the USA:

Congress appointed chaplains for itself and the armed forces, sponsored the publication of a Bible, imposed Christian morality on the armed forces, and granted public lands to promote Christianity among the Indians. National days of thanksgiving and of "humiliation, fasting, and prayer" were proclaimed by Congress at least twice a year throughout the war. Congress was guided by "covenant theology," a Reformation doctrine especially dear to New England Puritans, which held that God bound himself in an agreement with a nation and its people. This agreement stipulated that they "should be prosperous or afflicted, according as their general Obedience or Disobedience thereto appears." Wars and revolutions were, accordingly, considered afflictions, as divine punishments for sin, from which a nation could rescue itself by repentance and reformation.
Religion and the Congress of the Confederation - Religion and the Founding of the American Republic Exhibitions Library of Congress

Are you joining PoliticalSpice in her crusade to tear down the wall of separation between church and state?

Yes or no?

"Duke University's decision to sound Muslim call to prayer riles some
(CNN)The Muslim call to prayer will sound from a bell tower at North Carolina's Duke University -- but not everyone is considering the chant music to the ear.

Starting Friday, the Duke Muslim Students Association will chant the call, or adhan, from the Duke Chapel bell tower. The adhan signals the beginning of the weekly prayer service. It's ubiquitous in Muslim countries the world over; not so in the Carolina piedmont.

The call will last three minutes and will be only "moderately amplified," the school said."
Duke University s decision to sound Muslim call to prayer riles some - CNN.com

so....how soon can one expect John 3:16 to receive a similar broadcast?

Once again Don PoliticalSpice Quixote is on her futile crusade to tear down the wall of separation between church and state.

The KKKer, Hugo Black, FDR's first Supreme Court nominee, inserted it and dopes like you believe that the concept was not anathema to the view of the Founders.

1. The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting ... First Amendment to the United States Constitution

The KKKer, Hugo Black, FDR's first Supreme Court nominee, inserted it and dopes like you believe that the concept was no anathema to the view of the Founders.

Jefferson s Letter to the Danbury Baptists June 1998 - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson​
Jan. 1. 1802.

It was Jefferson himself who first used the phrase to describe the intent of the 1st Amendment.

Jefferson recognized America as a Christian nation but didn't believe that any particular denomination should be dominant over the others. That was one of the reasons why he broke from England. He was wholly opposed to any government regulating a person's right to religion:

Jefferson understood their concern; it was also his own. In fact, he made numerous declarations about the constitutional inability of the federal government to regulate, restrict, or interfere with religious expression. For example:

[N]o power over the freedom of religion . . . [is] delegated to the United States by the Constitution. Kentucky Resolution, 1798 [3]

In matters of religion, I have considered that its free exercise is placed by the Constitution independent of the powers of the general [federal] government. Second Inaugural Address, 1805 [4]

[O]ur excellent Constitution . . . has not placed our religious rights under the power of any public functionary. Letter to the Methodist Episcopal Church, 1808 [5]

I consider the government of the United States as interdicted [prohibited] by the Constitution from intermeddling with religious institutions . . . or exercises. Letter to Samuel Millar, 1808 [6]

By the same token, Jefferson was responsible for using the halls of Congress for church services:

It is no exaggeration to say that on Sundays in Washington during the administrations of Thomas Jefferson (1801-1809) and of James Madison (1809-1817) the state became the church. Within a year of his inauguration, Jefferson began attending church services in the House of Representatives. Madison followed Jefferson's example, although unlike Jefferson, who rode on horseback to church in the Capitol, Madison came in a coach and four. Worship services in the House--a practice that continued until after the Civil War--were acceptable to Jefferson because they were nondiscriminatory and voluntary. Preachers of every Protestant denomination appeared. (Catholic priests began officiating in 1826.) As early as January 1806 a female evangelist, Dorothy Ripley, delivered a camp meeting-style exhortation in the House to Jefferson, Vice President Aaron Burr, and a "crowded audience." Throughout his administration Jefferson permitted church services in executive branch buildings. The Gospel was also preached in the Supreme Court chambers.
Religion and the Federal Government Part 2 - Religion and the Founding of the American Republic Exhibitions Library of Congress

Congress appointed chaplains for itself and the armed forces, sponsored the publication of a Bible, imposed Christian morality on the armed forces, and granted public lands to promote Christianity among the Indians. National days of thanksgiving and of "humiliation, fasting, and prayer" were proclaimed by Congress at least twice a year throughout the war. Congress was guided by "covenant theology," a Reformation doctrine especially dear to New England Puritans, which held that God bound himself in an agreement with a nation and its people. This agreement stipulated that they "should be prosperous or afflicted, according as their general Obedience or Disobedience thereto appears." Wars and revolutions were, accordingly, considered afflictions, as divine punishments for sin, from which a nation could rescue itself by repentance and reformation.
Religion and the Congress of the Confederation - Religion and the Founding of the American Republic Exhibitions Library of Congress

Are you joining PoliticalSpice in her crusade to tear down the wall of separation between church and state?

Yes or no?

(CNN)The Muslim call to prayer will sound from a bell tower at North Carolina's Duke University -- but not everyone is considering the chant music to the ear.

Starting Friday, the Duke Muslim Students Association will chant the call, or adhan, from the Duke Chapel bell tower. The adhan signals the beginning of the weekly prayer service. It's ubiquitous in Muslim countries the world over; not so in the Carolina piedmont.

The call will last three minutes and will be only "moderately amplified," the school said."

'In the tower of Duke Chapel is a 50-bell carillon, played on weekdays at 5:00 p.m. and before and after Sunday worship services and special events."

Here, you can listen to them you ignorant cow:

... You right wing anti abortion nuts have taken over and controlled the conversation for far too long. Making people feel guilty about their decision to abort.

Guilt is a natural consequence of doing the wrong thing. The guilt is the intellectual manifestation which comes with the reality, that by having taken the life of another, without a sound moral justification, you have; quite by default, authorized others to take your life without a sound moral justification.

The guilt comes as the mind tries to plot a solution wherein it gropes for a means to defend against that justification... out of the natural instinct for self preservation.

Your entire position here is a similar rationalization.

You have a right to engage in sexual intercourse with whom ever you can talk into it. You have a responsibility that only do so when you're prepared to raise the child conceived through that act... .

Ya can't have both and not have guilt... unless you succumb to sociopathy wherein you lose the sense of responsibility for your actions, at which time you forfeit the right to remain free, because a sick mind is a threat to everyone.

Now at the moment, our culture is tolerating sick minds. But soon, we will pay an extreme price for that. As every culture which has ever done, has experienced.

In the wake of that catastrophe, tolerance for such will come to an end and people like you will either be eliminated or locked away, in places where no one wants to be.

So you don't need to add to their guilt. They already feel bad enough. But it isn't murder. Its the same sadness when you have a miscarriage. Certainly isn't equal to the loss of your 2 year old child. But anyways, they have a sound enough reason to be getting an abortion. You stay out of it. And its not that big of a deal.

I agree with you our culture is fucked up. But that's even more reason why abortion should not be illegal. We just don't want the dumb and poor having babies. Or people who aren't going to be good parents or don't want them. You're asking them to not fuck. Yea right. Be realistic. In a perfect world maybe. But even still. I love how you people talk about being free but you don't want anyone free enough to decide not to have a baby if they have an accident. Insane. Unrealistic.

So what you are telling 20 somethings is in this day and age to not have sex unless they are prepared to go through with 9 months of pregnancy and then 18 years rearing a child. When they can just go get an abortion? Crazy. Why? Because of guilt? I sense you may realize that god is just made up in our minds. You seem to understand the psychological reasons for guilt. Do you also realize god is all in your head? So if you want to live to those high standards, fine. But leave us the fuck alone. Snip snip problem solved.

And I bet you would like to banish people like me from your society. That is Christian 101. For how many centuries did you guys kill, torture and banish non Christians?

A catastrophe for me would be me either having any baby when I was 18 or having a retarded baby at any age. That's all I would need to want to get an abortion.

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson​
Jan. 1. 1802.

Yes or no?

Never! "Separation of church and state" or, in this case, "we don't want to offend non-Christians."

Interestingly, Duke was founded by Christians (as were most of America's institutes of higher learning):

Duke University is a privateresearch university located in Durham, North Carolina, United States. Founded by Methodists and Quakers in the present-day town ofTrinity in 1838, the school moved to Durham in 1892.[7] In 1924, tobacco and electric power industrialist James B. Duke established The Duke Endowment, at which time the institution changed its name to honor his deceased father, Washington Duke.
Duke University - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Evil is insidious and grows slowly like a cancer. The founders of Duke are likely rolling in their graves.

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson​
Jan. 1. 1802.

Yes or no?

Never! "Separation of church and state" or, in this case, "we don't want to offend non-Christians."

Interestingly, Duke was founded by Christians (as were most of America's institutes of higher learning):

Duke University is a privateresearch university located in Durham, North Carolina, United States. Founded by Methodists and Quakers in the present-day town ofTrinity in 1838, the school moved to Durham in 1892.[7] In 1924, tobacco and electric power industrialist James B. Duke established The Duke Endowment, at which time the institution changed its name to honor his deceased father, Washington Duke.

Evil is insidious and grows slowly like a cancer. The founders of Duke are likely rolling in their graves.

They're probably rolling over in their graves at seeing black students on campus. Duke was whites only until 1963.

Gimme that old time Religion!!!!!!!!!

lol

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson​
Jan. 1. 1802.

Yes or no?

They're probably rolling over in their graves at seeing black students on campus. Duke was whites only until 1963.

Gimme that old time Religion!!!!!!!!!

lol
That's when it was truly "higher education." They teach at a high school level these day and if you can run fast and catch a ball you don't need to learn at all.

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson​
Jan. 1. 1802.

Yes or no?

Never heard church bells, PoliticalSpice?

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson​
Jan. 1. 1802.

Yes or no?

Never heard church bells, PoliticalSpice?

Hmmmmm......Duke must have decided that it wasn't such a great idea....

"Duke reverses decision, will not allow Muslim call to prayer at its chapel"

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ams-duke-over.html#.VLg1ESvF-So#storylink=cpy

Forum List

Back