The Politics of the "Abortion" Word Games

1. If one accepts this divided concept of human nature, i.e., person, and body, this aligns one with the liberal political view, which rejects moral limits on desire as a violation of its liberty.

You seem to misunderstand the liberal political view. Liberals don't reject moral limits. They reject the idea that you, Political Chic, define what moral limits are.

Your misconception is rooted in your belief in an absolute moral code. Where you conceive what you believe to the the only true morality, and objective truth. Thus, per your reasoning, the rejection of you as an infallible moral arbiter is a rejection of morality itself.

The obvious problem with that reasoning being......you're not an infallible moral arbiter. Your personal beliefs don't define any objective moral system. And just because you believe something to be true doesn't mean it is, your nested assumptions not withstanding.

Your perspective requires the assumptions
1) There is a singular, objective moral code for all situations
2) That you could understand such a code if it existed
3) that you do understand that code
4) that you have the insight and information to apply that code accurately
5) anything that violates the objective moral code should be criminally prohibited

If any one of those assumptions is invalid, then your perspective on abortion is invalid. If any of those assumptions are invalid, all dependent assumptions that follow it are invalid.

And I think its reasonable for principled, thinking people to doubt that the validity of your assumptions. Individually, or together.

"Your misconception is rooted in your belief in an absolute moral code."

I mention ' moral relativity, self-determined morality, and 'if it feels good, do it,' and a dunce comes up to prove it.

Laughing....notice you don't actually disagree with anything I said. Nor could you. You don't have anything to cut and paste that addresses it. Consequently, you have nothing to say.

And thus you demonstrate once again the difference between repeating......and reasoning.

You didn't understand that I put you in your place?

You dunce.

Laughing......I understand that you cut and ran. That you couldn't address any specific point I raised, or reason your way out of a paper bag.

You're not a thinker, PC. You're a regurgitator. You vomit up other people's ideas....and you don't have the slightest clue what you're apeing. Which is why when I give you a specific critique with examples.....you have nothing but petty insults.

Because you don't understand what's being discussed. Not what you cut and paste. Nor my reply to it.

Once again Don PoliticalSpice Quixote is on her futile crusade to tear down the wall of separation between church and state.

There is no such "wall, " you uneducated dunce.

The KKKer, Hugo Black, FDR's first Supreme Court nominee, inserted it and dopes like you believe that the concept was not anathema to the view of the Founders.

1. The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting ... First Amendment to the United States Constitution

Once again PoliticalSpice exposes her woeful ignorance of American history.

The KKKer, Hugo Black, FDR's first Supreme Court nominee, inserted it and dopes like you believe that the concept was no anathema to the view of the Founders.

Try reading Thomas Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists.

Jefferson s Letter to the Danbury Baptists June 1998 - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson​
Jan. 1. 1802.

It was Jefferson himself who first used the phrase to describe the intent of the 1st Amendment.

Once again you have made a fool of yourself!

:lmao:
And once again the OP exhibits her ignorance of the Constitution and its case law.
The Constitution and case law are two very different things. Can you guess which one is the law of the land?

The constitution....according to who? The interpretation of the constitution is the duty of the courts. And they are granted the authority to rule on questions of constitutional significance.

The KKKer, Hugo Black, FDR's first Supreme Court nominee, inserted it and dopes like you believe that the concept was not anathema to the view of the Founders.

1. The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting ... First Amendment to the United States Constitution

The KKKer, Hugo Black, FDR's first Supreme Court nominee, inserted it and dopes like you believe that the concept was no anathema to the view of the Founders.

Jefferson s Letter to the Danbury Baptists June 1998 - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson​
Jan. 1. 1802.

It was Jefferson himself who first used the phrase to describe the intent of the 1st Amendment.

Jefferson recognized America as a Christian nation but didn't believe that any particular denomination should be dominant over the others. That was one of the reasons why he broke from England. He was wholly opposed to any government regulating a person's right to religion:

Jefferson understood their concern; it was also his own. In fact, he made numerous declarations about the constitutional inability of the federal government to regulate, restrict, or interfere with religious expression. For example:

[N]o power over the freedom of religion . . . [is] delegated to the United States by the Constitution. Kentucky Resolution, 1798 [3]

In matters of religion, I have considered that its free exercise is placed by the Constitution independent of the powers of the general [federal] government. Second Inaugural Address, 1805 [4]

[O]ur excellent Constitution . . . has not placed our religious rights under the power of any public functionary. Letter to the Methodist Episcopal Church, 1808 [5]

I consider the government of the United States as interdicted [prohibited] by the Constitution from intermeddling with religious institutions . . . or exercises. Letter to Samuel Millar, 1808 [6]
WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - The Separation of Church and State

By the same token, Jefferson was responsible for using the halls of Congress for church services:

It is no exaggeration to say that on Sundays in Washington during the administrations of Thomas Jefferson (1801-1809) and of James Madison (1809-1817) the state became the church. Within a year of his inauguration, Jefferson began attending church services in the House of Representatives. Madison followed Jefferson's example, although unlike Jefferson, who rode on horseback to church in the Capitol, Madison came in a coach and four. Worship services in the House--a practice that continued until after the Civil War--were acceptable to Jefferson because they were nondiscriminatory and voluntary. Preachers of every Protestant denomination appeared. (Catholic priests began officiating in 1826.) As early as January 1806 a female evangelist, Dorothy Ripley, delivered a camp meeting-style exhortation in the House to Jefferson, Vice President Aaron Burr, and a "crowded audience." Throughout his administration Jefferson permitted church services in executive branch buildings. The Gospel was also preached in the Supreme Court chambers.
Religion and the Federal Government Part 2 - Religion and the Founding of the American Republic Exhibitions Library of Congress

The first Congress sponsored the first Bible printed in the USA:

Congress appointed chaplains for itself and the armed forces, sponsored the publication of a Bible, imposed Christian morality on the armed forces, and granted public lands to promote Christianity among the Indians. National days of thanksgiving and of "humiliation, fasting, and prayer" were proclaimed by Congress at least twice a year throughout the war. Congress was guided by "covenant theology," a Reformation doctrine especially dear to New England Puritans, which held that God bound himself in an agreement with a nation and its people. This agreement stipulated that they "should be prosperous or afflicted, according as their general Obedience or Disobedience thereto appears." Wars and revolutions were, accordingly, considered afflictions, as divine punishments for sin, from which a nation could rescue itself by repentance and reformation.
Religion and the Congress of the Confederation - Religion and the Founding of the American Republic Exhibitions Library of Congress

Are you joining PoliticalSpice in her crusade to tear down the wall of separation between church and state?

Yes or no?

Never has been a separation. You and others have embraced a misconception routinely spewed forth as "truth" in America's public FOOL system. The Constitution protects religious folks from government but government can be influenced by religion.

If that is what you were taught when you were home schooled you should ask for your money back because it it utterly fallacious.

Religion doesn't get to dictate what a secular government does.
You're dumber than I first thought. I am a religious person. My religion is Christianity. I can vote for other religious men (or women) who share my ideals. I can also cite the wise words of our founding fathers who were vastly Christian in their beliefs.

But you clearly didn't read my earlier PROOF that our first Congress was wholly Christian and that Jefferson and Hamilton held Christian services within the halls of Congress on Sundays. But, as they say, ignorance is bliss. Keep your blinders on. I don't care!

Once again Don PoliticalSpice Quixote is on her futile crusade to tear down the wall of separation between church and state.

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson​
Jan. 1. 1802.

And once again the OP exhibits her ignorance of the Constitution and its case law.
The Constitution and case law are two very different things. Can you guess which one is the law of the land?

Case law is a part of the Constitution and you are an idiot.

Within a few years after Dred Scott the country was in the Civil war and by 1866 the matter of Slavery was settled.

The Taney Court was Conservative.

You lying moron....every one of you tries to hide your evil by casting the word 'conservative ' around.

Taney made a deal with Buchanan that allowed Buchanan to become the 15th President.
Buchanan was a Democrat....and his deal with Taney was that of a pair of racists.

As were, and are, Democrats.

The Court ruled 7-2. Slave owners were Democrats and conservatives. The Northern Republicans were liberals.

Liar.

Jim Crow was an example of Democrat liberal big government in action.

Wrong. Jim Crow was conservatism giving businesses a choice to discriminate.
Jim Crow started in Illinois with the help of Herr Abraham Lincoln Uber Alles. His laws were emulated by Ohio and Indiana...long before the war. Know what you're talking about or STFU.

Your post has nothing to do with mine. You people need to learn to read.

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson​
Jan. 1. 1802.

And another lie from NYLiar.

Case law is largely repudiation of the Constitution.
It is a product of the Progressive era, Roscoe Pound, and Christopher Columbus Langdell

Within a few years after Dred Scott the country was in the Civil war and by 1866 the matter of Slavery was settled.

The Taney Court was Conservative.

You lying moron....every one of you tries to hide your evil by casting the word 'conservative ' around.

Taney made a deal with Buchanan that allowed Buchanan to become the 15th President.
Buchanan was a Democrat....and his deal with Taney was that of a pair of racists.

The Court ruled 7-2. Slave owners were Democrats and conservatives. The Northern Republicans were liberals.

Liar.

So....is this the sort of lie you're famous for?

Right up to today, Liberal Democrats were and are racists through and through
  1. Governor Clinton invited Orval Faubus to his inauguration and they exchanged an almost South American abrazo, embrace, Booknotes Watch
    1. Clinton’s mentor was J. William Fulbright, a vehement foe of integration who had voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
    2. Governor Orval Faubus, progressive New Deal Democrat, blocked the schoolhouse door to the Little Rock Central High School with the state’s National Guard rather than allow nine black students to attend.
  1. 1966- pro-integrationist Republican Winthrop Rockefeller won Arkansas, replacing Clinton-pal Orval Faubus.
  2. 1966 Republican Bo Calloway ran against Democrat Lester Maddox, who “gained national attention for refusing to serve blacks in his popular cafeteria near the Georgia Tech campus. Newsmen tipped off about the confrontation reported how restaurant patrons and employees wielded ax handles while Mr. Maddox waved a pistol. …” Lester Maddox Dies at 87 Segregationist Ex-Governor Leaves Complicated Legacy HighBeam Business Arrive Prepared
    1. Maddox was endorsed by Democrat Jimmy Carter in the above governor’s race. When the race was too close to call, the Democrat state legislature gave it to Maddox.
    2. Calloway appealed to the Supreme Court….but the court upheld the legislature’s decision.
    3. On that very Supreme Court was former KKK member Justice Hugo Black.
    4. Democrat Hugo Black was Democrat FDR’s first appointee, in 1937. This KKK Senator from Alabama wrote the majority decision on Korematsu v. US; in 1967, he said ‘They all look alike to a person not a Jap.” Engage Conversations in Philosophy They all look alike to a person not a Jap The Legacy of Korematsu at OSU
    5. And, Hugo Black's anti-Catholic bias, which showed up in his actions on the Supreme Court:
"... Black was head of new members for the largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..."
Egnorance Hugo Black and the real history of the wall of separation between church and state

1. Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

I have more if you like getting beaten...

Segregation was a not a liberal position. It is a conservative position no matter who holds it.

The Democratic South was the conservative wing of the Democratic party.

You are fundamentally so stupid that you are incapable of distinguishing a party affiliation with a political philosophy.

Liar.

1. Governor Clinton invited Orval Faubus to his inauguration and they exchanged an almost South American abrazo, embrace, Booknotes Watch
    1. Clinton’s mentor was J. William Fulbright, a vehement foe of integration who had voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
    2. Governor Orval Faubus, progressive New Deal Democrat, blocked the schoolhouse door to the Little Rock Central High School with the state’s National Guard rather than allow nine black students to attend.
  1. 1966- pro-integrationist Republican Winthrop Rockefeller won Arkansas, replacing Clinton-pal Orval Faubus.
  2. 1966 Republican Bo Calloway ran against Democrat Lester Maddox, who “gained national attention for refusing to serve blacks in his popular cafeteria near the Georgia Tech campus. Newsmen tipped off about the confrontation reported how restaurant patrons and employees wielded ax handles while Mr. Maddox waved a pistol. …” Lester Maddox Dies at 87 Segregationist Ex-Governor Leaves Complicated Legacy HighBeam Business Arrive Prepared
    1. Maddox was endorsed by Democrat Jimmy Carter in the above governor’s race. When the race was too close to call, the Democrat state legislature gave it to Maddox.
    2. Calloway appealed to the Supreme Court….but the court upheld the legislature’s decision.
    4. Democrat Hugo Black was Democrat FDR’s first appointee, in 1937. This KKK Senator from Alabama wrote the majority decision on Korematsu v. US; in 1967, he said ‘They all look alike to a person not a Jap.” Engage Conversations in Philosophy They all look alike to a person not a Jap The Legacy of Korematsu at OSU
    5. And, Hugo Black's anti-Catholic bias, which showed up in his actions on the Supreme Court:
"... Black was head of new members for the largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..."
Egnorance Hugo Black and the real history of the wall of separation between church and state

1. Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

Segregation was a not a liberal position. It is a conservative position no matter who holds it.

You are fundamentally so stupid that you are incapable of distinguishing a party affiliation with a political philosophy.

This is one of those lies that Liberals tell each other so as not to have to face their past.

Let's get to the interesting stuff: What's the story you tell yourself about why people don't like you?

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson​
Jan. 1. 1802.

And another lie from NYLiar.

Case law is largely repudiation of the Constitution.
It is a product of the Progressive era, Roscoe Pound, and Christopher Columbus Langdell

That is even more retarded than your claim that your stupid claim that segregation was a liberal position.

Here's a question you won't answer:

What repudiation of the Constitution is found in McDonald v City of Chicago?

McDonald v. City of Chicago law case Encyclopedia Britannica

Liar.

This is one of those lies that Liberals tell each other so as not to have to face their past.

Let's get to the interesting stuff: What's the story you tell yourself about why people don't like you?

Barry Goldwater agreed with the Southern Democrats. Now prove that Barry Goldwater was a liberal.

Liar.

Barry Goldwater agreed with the Southern Democrats. Now prove that Barry Goldwater was a liberal.
Barry Goldwater was the horse's ass that started the idiotic trend of calling Leftists "liberal" to begin with. I spend all of my time on these forums opposing the idiocy he stood for.

You truly believe you can lie history into submission, then rewrite it to meet party goals, don't you.

First off, you and your filthy party are not "liberal," not even close. You are leftists who fight every day to crush civil liberty. Anti-gun, anti-speech, anti-religion? - every time a filthy democrat will be behind it

So, you can show that these democrats were advocates of lower taxes, smaller government, reduced entitlements, etc>

Or are you just lying again?

Gentlemen

Th Jefferson​
Jan. 1. 1802.

Jefferson recognized America as a Christian nation but didn't believe that any particular denomination should be dominant over the others. That was one of the reasons why he broke from England. He was wholly opposed to any government regulating a person's right to religion:

Jefferson understood their concern; it was also his own. In fact, he made numerous declarations about the constitutional inability of the federal government to regulate, restrict, or interfere with religious expression. For example:

[N]o power over the freedom of religion . . . [is] delegated to the United States by the Constitution. Kentucky Resolution, 1798 [3]

In matters of religion, I have considered that its free exercise is placed by the Constitution independent of the powers of the general [federal] government. Second Inaugural Address, 1805 [4]

[O]ur excellent Constitution . . . has not placed our religious rights under the power of any public functionary. Letter to the Methodist Episcopal Church, 1808 [5]

I consider the government of the United States as interdicted [prohibited] by the Constitution from intermeddling with religious institutions . . . or exercises. Letter to Samuel Millar, 1808 [6]

By the same token, Jefferson was responsible for using the halls of Congress for church services:

It is no exaggeration to say that on Sundays in Washington during the administrations of Thomas Jefferson (1801-1809) and of James Madison (1809-1817) the state became the church. Within a year of his inauguration, Jefferson began attending church services in the House of Representatives. Madison followed Jefferson's example, although unlike Jefferson, who rode on horseback to church in the Capitol, Madison came in a coach and four. Worship services in the House--a practice that continued until after the Civil War--were acceptable to Jefferson because they were nondiscriminatory and voluntary. Preachers of every Protestant denomination appeared. (Catholic priests began officiating in 1826.) As early as January 1806 a female evangelist, Dorothy Ripley, delivered a camp meeting-style exhortation in the House to Jefferson, Vice President Aaron Burr, and a "crowded audience." Throughout his administration Jefferson permitted church services in executive branch buildings. The Gospel was also preached in the Supreme Court chambers.
Religion and the Federal Government Part 2 - Religion and the Founding of the American Republic Exhibitions Library of Congress

Congress appointed chaplains for itself and the armed forces, sponsored the publication of a Bible, imposed Christian morality on the armed forces, and granted public lands to promote Christianity among the Indians. National days of thanksgiving and of "humiliation, fasting, and prayer" were proclaimed by Congress at least twice a year throughout the war. Congress was guided by "covenant theology," a Reformation doctrine especially dear to New England Puritans, which held that God bound himself in an agreement with a nation and its people. This agreement stipulated that they "should be prosperous or afflicted, according as their general Obedience or Disobedience thereto appears." Wars and revolutions were, accordingly, considered afflictions, as divine punishments for sin, from which a nation could rescue itself by repentance and reformation.
Religion and the Congress of the Confederation - Religion and the Founding of the American Republic Exhibitions Library of Congress

Are you joining PolitcalSpice in her crusade to tear down the wall of separation between church and state?

Yes or no?

As you learned earlier, Chief Justice Rehnquist stated that the Jefferson quote has been misinterpreted.

You, being an imbecile, require remediation:

Hugo Black's anti-Catholic bias, showed up in his actions on the Supreme Court:

http://egnorance.blogspot.com/2011/10/hugo-black-and-real-history-of-wall-of.html]

Jefferson’s wall in actuality had federal government on one side of the wall and the state government and religion on the other side. The barrier was impervious in only one direction — meaning federal government was to have no control over the religious activities inside the individual states. This was in line with Jefferson’s strict interpretation of the non-establishment clause.

Yet more flailing ignorance on your part.

The states cannot impose a state religion because that would violate the federal constitution.

Try enrolling in an adult remedial education class for social studies at your local community college, PoliticalSpice.

And the State can, in no way, impose its will upon Christianity or impair the free exercise thereof. That means that if a religious institution is opposed to abortion the State CANNOT force that institution to do anything whatsoever that goes against its tenets.

Who exactly is opposed to a person or religious institutions opposing abortion? I don't care if someone chooses not to have an abortion based on their religion. Just don't try and hold everyone in society to that religious belief.

Are you joining PolitcalSpice in her crusade to tear down the wall of separation between church and state?

Yes or no?

As you learned earlier, Chief Justice Rehnquist stated that the Jefferson quote has been misinterpreted.

http://egnorance.blogspot.com/2011/10/hugo-black-and-real-history-of-wall-of.html]

Jefferson’s wall in actuality had federal government on one side of the wall and the state government and religion on the other side. The barrier was impervious in only one direction — meaning federal government was to have no control over the religious activities inside the individual states. This was in line with Jefferson’s strict interpretation of the non-establishment clause.

The states cannot impose a state religion because that would violate the federal constitution.

Try enrolling in an adult remedial education class for social studies at your local community college, PoliticalSpice.

And the State can, in no way, impose its will upon Christianity or impair the free exercise thereof. That means that if a religious institution is opposed to abortion the State CANNOT force that institution to do anything whatsoever that goes against its tenets.

Who exactly is opposed to a person or religious institutions opposing abortion? I don't care if someone chooses not to have an abortion based on their religion. Just don't try and hold everyone in society to that religious belief.
Since when is not allowing murder an exclusively religious principle?

You truly believe you can lie history into submission, then rewrite it to meet party goals, don't you.

First off, you and your filthy party are not "liberal," not even close. You are leftists who fight every day to crush civil liberty. Anti-gun, anti-speech, anti-religion? - every time a filthy democrat will be behind it

So, you can show that these democrats were advocates of lower taxes, smaller government, reduced entitlements, etc>

Or are you just lying again?

Segregationists were states rights anti-civil rights conservatives.

Liar.

No no no, owning slaves was entirely a liberal thing..........:laugh2:

Now back to reality!

I wish I could sit on my azz, draw SS or SSDI or SNAP whatever federal funding she gets, and just post screeching right wing talking points all day, except they'd be left wing talking points, of course.

Yes or no?

Should abortion be a crime of murder? Should women who have abortions be prosecuted as having committed the crime of murder?

Yes or no?

Abortion is not murder.

Forum List

Back