The pope is such a hypocrite!!!

I love that this pope has RW heads exploding...much like Jesus would I imagine.
Do you like his stance against homosexuality, his opposition to abortion, or his hostility to birth control the most?

Actually, yeah...I'm good with his more progressive stance on those issues...compared to previous popes. He's taking steps in the right direction. His stance on women in the priesthood is what concerns me the most. He's still in the popish dark ages on that.
You understand he supports traditional Catholic teaching on all of them, right?

I understand it makes you feel better to think that. His public statements on all those issues has not been like any Pope in the past.

I'm very much on the right wing but I find it amusing how little both sides misunderstand this Pope.

This Pope is a moralist, not a liberal or a conservative. He lives his life according to the example Christ set. We as conservatives should reexamine our total commitment towards wealth accumulation. There's nothing wrong with pursuing wealth but it should never interfere in our moral responsibility to our fellow human beings. For the libs, you need to reexamine your total commitment to morally deficient position on abortion. Biology already states that life begins at conception therefore our responsibility to protect that life begins there as well. It's fine to keep in mind the needs of the mother but it's not okay to murder the unborn for convenience either.

This Pope is challenging us all from a moral standpoint. He's not a communist nor is he a complete conservative. He's a moralist...

KGB,

You early comments are right, this Pope doesn't subscribe to right or left on issues...

But if you say life begins at conception then you are also saying IVF are murders... They discard fertilized eggs all the time... So 1.5% of babies a year are born using murder techniques, therefore these a murder babies...

I would also point out that the Catholic Church believed abortion was acceptable until the tenth week up until 150 years ago... There is a long story but St. Augustine and other saints have stated abortion to be acceptable until the 10th week.
The Catholics stance on Abortion has varied a lot till now, so the whole murder thing is not quite true.

I challenge you to find any evidence that states the Church accepted abortion up until the 10th week. It does not exist...

Library : The Roman Catholic Church and Abortion: An Historical Perspective - Part II

Don't confuse what a Saint said to be official Church position either. Unless said Saint was a Pope....

Modern Look at Abortion Not Same as St. Augustine's

If an egg is fertilized, it is human life. Louisiana already prohibits this....

The forgotten embryo / Fertility clinics must store or destroy the surplus that is part of the process

Hypocrite? Pope Francis? Funny idea.

papst-franziskus-angela-merkel.jpg

First that illegal alien girl was staged and planned for over a year. Second, how many refugees did Vatican City taking in? The answer is zero! The arrogant pope is not taking in one! He especially is going to take in any Muslims. Third, he lectures us on greed and the evils of capitalism. Yet the Vatican sits on $100s of millions of dollars of both liquid and not liquid assets. When is the hypocrite going to have a fire sale to get rid of the vatican's vanity and greed. The answer is never. This is a case of do as I say not do as I do. Private citizens in just one mid sized US city do more charity work and give back more to the poor in a month than Vatican City has done since it existence.

This asswipe never spoke about the plight of Christians in the Middle East. He never speaks about the dangers of radical islam!

He is a self-righteous SOB! But the left adores him because he is a devoted communist and promotes the leftist agenda!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How rich is the Vatican? So wealthy it can stumble across millions of euros just 'tucked away'

Forum List

Back