The power of social media

Trump accuses the free press of being the enemy of the people.

Oh, is he going to get a rude, rude awakening.
The mainstream media is the enemy of the people. I'm so glad to have an honest President. It's a welcome change, isn't it?
Lying Donald is a liar. He has been caught repeatedly. And he will be removed from office for it in due time.
Nope, liberals proved with Obama you like a liar in office. Obama couldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it.
One, Lying Donald is a liar, or you want Lying Donald to be like your image of Obama. You can't have it both ways, sweet cheeks.
Trump isn't lying, but Obama did daily. Your fake outrage that Trump lies while supporting Obama proves you're a hypocrite.

The mainstream media is the enemy of the people. I'm so glad to have an honest President. It's a welcome change, isn't it?
Lying Donald is a liar. He has been caught repeatedly. And he will be removed from office for it in due time.
Nope, liberals proved with Obama you like a liar in office. Obama couldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it.
One, Lying Donald is a liar, or you want Lying Donald to be like your image of Obama. You can't have it both ways, sweet cheeks.
Trump isn't lying, but Obama did daily. Your fake outrage that Trump lies while supporting Obama proves you're a hypocrite.
^^^ Example of a trumpeteer blindly stepping to the trumpen music march. Lying Trump lies. That is what he does. He does not realize just how thick and entangling is social media. Everybody accesses it, and now that all Americans know that Trump lies, he will become embedded in fish bowl of social media.

^^^ Example of a trumpeteer blindly stepping to the trumpen music march. Lying Trump lies. That is what he does. He does not realize just how thick and entangling is social media. Everybody accesses it, and now that all Americans know that Trump lies, he will become embedded in fish bowl of social media.
Hillary Clinton is the queen of liars. If you weren't voting for Trump who did you vote for? The Queen of liars?

Trump isn't lying, he has keep his campaign promises, unlike your chocolate Jesus.

Certainly President Trump is shaking up the status quo, but I disagree that a free press is the enemy of the people. The Founders included it in the First Amendment for a reason.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Written Behind Closed Doors by Lawyers for the 1%

The real reason, which the Constitutionalists won't tell you, was that the rich owned all the newspapers and could get even richer if allowed to print any simple-minded sensationalism they wanted to.

Using Social Media Data to Predict the Result of the 2016 US Presidential Election

I'm told that if one were to try to predict the last election outcome only on the basis of opinions on social media, it would have projected Trump as the winning. Instead, many news sources uses antiquated polls in which people probably did not want to admit they were voting Trump. With the rabid PC sweeping the nation and scarlet "A"s being passed around for not agreeing with the PC crowd, this is understandable. People no longer feel "free" to express their non-PC thoughts with their name associated with them. Instead, many feel "free" to express their thoughts without broadcasting the world who they may be or being selective as to who they tell based on trusting them.

But predicting election outcomes is just the tip of the ice burg. Using social media to predict other things like what products you may desire or whether you are a terrorist threat are also being explored.

Back in the day, tyrants felt as though their power depended upon suppressing free speech, so as not to allow a movement to grow through the said free speech that might endanger their power. But perhaps tyrants had it all bass ackwards all these years. Perhaps the key to targeting "dangers" to their power is to allow free speech. Through social media, they can target those that oppose them so that they can monitor them better. The only reason to stop them would be to prevent loss of life or perhaps a loss of their power through their activities.

"Machete don't text." If he did, he would have told his fellow illegals to go to the batttleground states and vote for Señora Deploradora. And if Machete tells you something, you'd better listen.

The reason why Trump won is because he understands social media while others, like yourself, are just now researching it.
Thanks for the condescending remark. It helps reveal your personality.

The reason why Trump won is because he understands social media while others, like yourself, are just now researching it.
Thanks for the condescending remark. It helps reveal your personality.

Looking back I can see why you would think that.

My apologies.

Looking back I can see why you would think that.

My apologies.
Thanks and no worries. Text is a very crappy form of communication.
Sitting across a table over a few beers is much better.
cheers.gif

Forum List

Back