The power to propel us to the stars

A non reality, please try again.

All the clown has to do is shrink the laser by 5,000,000 percent, and stop licking Gerry Garcia stamps
Got it wrong again as far as my original post. See post 80.
However, good for you in doing your homework on Lubin.

Last edited:
Can you describe the feasibility test of a solar sail laser powered interstellar probe sending back data from light years away from Earth all packed into a centimeter or less package? Kid the fact is that you have no clue that the article that you read is science fiction just like most of the garbage coming out of Harvard. The purpose of the article is to fool idiotic parents of moronic kids so that the idiotic parents send their moronic kids to Harvard relieving the idiot parents of their cash reserves as the plutonically brain dead communist professors laugh all the way back to Beijing.

How does the transmitter work, being that this transmitter is 1,000,000 times smaller than the present transmitters doing similar activity at .00001 percent the range that the science fiction article presented
Why are you so obsessed with this?

I've been wondering too. He takes it personal. Really weird

may take us 100 years to get to that point and we'll have made much progress in the fields of nano-tech and AI. Imagine a self-replicating AI the size of a molecule. It could be accelerated almost to light-speed and make the trip to the nearest stars in just years (stopping is another issue). Once there it would have the ability to populate it in a variety of ways. We would spread our humanity, just not our humans.
"At a recent talk at Harvard University, Philip Lubin of the University of California, Santa Barbara, presented a plan to launch small probes deep into space. Using an array of laser thrusters, a probe weighing one gram (just 0.035 ounces) would travel 4.4 light years the nearest star, Alpha Centauri, in just two decades. That’s only twice as long as it took the New Horizons spacecraft to fly by Pluto."​

All the clown has to do is shrink the laser by 5,000,000 percent, and stop licking Gerry Garcia stamps

Prof-Philip-Lubin.jpg
Diode lasers are TINY. And they are powerful. Interstellar space is near absolute zero. It's no problem to run a 32 watt laser at absolute zero.

may take us 100 years to get to that point and we'll have made much progress in the fields of nano-tech and AI. Imagine a self-replicating AI the size of a molecule. It could be accelerated almost to light-speed and make the trip to the nearest stars in just years (stopping is another issue). Once there it would have the ability to populate it in a variety of ways. We would spread our humanity, just not our humans.
"At a recent talk at Harvard University, Philip Lubin of the University of California, Santa Barbara, presented a plan to launch small probes deep into space. Using an array of laser thrusters, a probe weighing one gram (just 0.035 ounces) would travel 4.4 light years the nearest star, Alpha Centauri, in just two decades. That’s only twice as long as it took the New Horizons spacecraft to fly by Pluto."​

Prof-Philip-Lubin.jpg
I'm embarrassed to have to point this out but the laser would remain in our solar system, it would never travel anywhere so the size of it wouldn't matter.
LOL you should be embarrassed to point out a laser that would be effective at billions or trillions of miles away

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dude a Sun is not effective at that range, so is this laser more powerful than the Sun at trillions of miles

Prof-Philip-Lubin.jpg
Diode lasers are TINY. And they are powerful. Interstellar space is near absolute zero. It's no problem to run a 32 watt laser at absolute zero.
Using what fuel supply that also has to be crammed into an under gram package.

All of you people together have less cranial activity than an average flea

It is plain to see that you can not back up any of the claims that you believe are valid. As such the troll is you.

It is plain to see that you can not back up any of the claims that you believe are valid. As such the troll is you.
Hey Franie, I'm just the messenger. Why are you so obsessive about my link? Eh? You still sore from a couple years ago when your moniker was Franie?

I buy companies kid, you buy nonsense
Hey Franie, how is that relevant to this thread? Ya lookin for love?

It is perfectly relevant because your claim is that there are centimeter sized probes being built with onboard solar sails and laser beams that will travel to the stars because some dopey Harvard professor said so. Now why are you so obsessed with your mistake in mistaking a fake news article for the truth? It's OK lots of people get net scammed like you did.

I am obsessed with this thread not because it is 100 percent fake, I am obsessed with this post because you are now the poster child for how not to get scammed by the internet.

Using an array of laser thrusters, a probe weighing one gram (just 0.035 ounces) would travel 4.4 light years the nearest star, Alpha Centauri, in just two decades., in search of Tribbles.

cb45c898db268b391ab77b32be6ee991.gif

Last edited:

It is perfectly relevant because your claim is that there are centimeter sized probes being built with onboard solar sails and laser beams that will travel to the stars because some dopey Harvard professor said so. Now why are you so obsessed with your mistake in mistaking a fake news article for the truth? It's OK lots of people get net scammed like you did.
What? You buy companies because I was scammed?

I am obsessed with this thread not because it is 100 percent fake, I am obsessed with this post because you are now the poster child for how not to get scammed by the internet.

Using an array of laser thrusters, a probe weighing one gram (just 0.035 ounces) would travel 4.4 light years the nearest star, Alpha Centauri, in just two decades., in search of Tribbles.

You are obsessed because you think I was scammed? Thanks for your genuine concern.

What? You buy companies because I was scammed?
Actually I do research before I buy, you invested the farm in Madoff industries and the Harvard laser to the stars scam. Seriously dude you have no clue, never did or will. Now tell us more about the gram sized probe with it's own laser solar sail that you believe is being built for star travel

You are obsessed because you think I was scammed? Thanks for your genuine concern.

Actually you are part of the scam when you forward fake links as reality. Not that you have the ability to comprehend

Actually I do research before I buy, you invested the farm in Madoff industries and the Harvard laser to the stars scam. Seriously dude you have no clue, never did or will. Now tell us more about the gram sized probe with it's own laser solar sail that you believe is being built for star travel
You didn't answer the question.

You didn't answer the question.
I answer to no one.

Especially a Buffoon like you

Next.

Last edited:
Actually you are part of the scam when you forward fake links as reality. Not that you have the ability to comprehend
You think NOVA is fake? Here is some more text from the same link for you to ponder.

Here’s Charles Q. Choi, reporting for Popular Science:
"Eventually, the scientists calculate that a 50- to 70-gigawatt array that is 10 kilometers by 10 kilometers large in Earth orbit could propel a gram-sized wafer-like spacecraft with a 1-meter-wide sail to more than 25 percent of the speed of light after about 10 minutes of illumination, which could reach Mars in 30 minutes and Alpha Centauri in about 20 years. The researchers suggest this array could launch roughly 40,000 relativistic wafer-sized probes per year — each “wafersat” would be a complete miniature spacecraft, carrying cameras, communications, power and other systems."
"Lubin’s team isn’t just keeping its ideas on the drawing board. The project has won Phase I funding from NASA’s Innovative Advanced Concepts program. They’ve tested small ground-based laser arrays comparable to what would power the space probe."

Do you think NASA is fake too? That ought to keep you going for a few dozen more denial posts.

You think NOVA is fake? Here is some more text from the same link for you to ponder.

Here’s Charles Q. Choi, reporting for Popular Science:
"Eventually, the scientists calculate that a 50- to 70-gigawatt array that is 10 kilometers by 10 kilometers large in Earth orbit could propel a gram-sized wafer-like spacecraft with a 1-meter-wide sail to more than 25 percent of the speed of light after about 10 minutes of illumination, which could reach Mars in 30 minutes and Alpha Centauri in about 20 years. The researchers suggest this array could launch roughly 40,000 relativistic wafer-sized probes per year — each “wafersat” would be a complete miniature spacecraft, carrying cameras, communications, power and other systems."
"Lubin’s team isn’t just keeping its ideas on the drawing board. The project has won Phase I funding from NASA’s Innovative Advanced Concepts program. They’ve tested small ground-based laser arrays comparable to what would power the space probe."

Do you think NASA is fake too? That ought to keep you going for a few dozen more denial posts.

LOL the doof gets his info from PBS.

Precious

How much did you invest in the space laser scam, be honest

So you believe that NASA has a miniature laser to fit on a probe weighing a gram? Yea OK kiddy.

Yo is this the same NASA that pumped pure O2 into a space capsule frying the astronuts alive, and the same NASA that fucked up rocket science so bad that the USA ended up buying rockets from Russia. That NASA?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back