The power to propel us to the stars

Did NASA get funding,
Lubin got funding from NASA.
Like I said just another deep state fake. So did Lubin build a working probe or did he buy KY jelly

Really NASA is so fucked up that they sent Americans into space on Russian rockets because they fucked up the American space program completely. That said the people who toasted astronuts in pure O2 would be your heroes.
Google Lubin to see a progress report. Geez, you are so obsessed with this, and now you are ranting against NASA.

If NASA said that they need funding for a probe that weighs a gram that has it's own laser and solar sail that will travel to alpha centaury with no means to relay back information. Yea NASA lied.
No, they did not lie. We send a series of probs, each probe sends data to the next probe behind it. That probe relays the data to the next probe. The data is passed on from probe to probe until earth sensors picks up the data for our review.

It is really that simple.

:)-
LOL the transmitter for the gram sized probe does not exist, neither does the laser or solar sail, or fuel source or any other part. However that does not stop fools from surrendering their money

But you go right on believing the krap on the internet and on PBS
Solar sails have been tested and they work exactly as they were expected to. They also don't care is the light comes from the sun or a laser.
Wrong, no solar sail weighing under a gram has ever been tested and shown as useful for anything

You are a deep state believing sucker, the chinese have you brainwashed

Next
Solar sails have been tested, do you think the physics are different for smaller sails? The Japanese IKAROS sail was all of 2 kilograms.
There is no physics that allows for a solar sail, and laser and fuel source and transmitter and a frame that all weighs less than a gram. This is either science fiction or just another deep state fake to sucker America out of funds that end up in the hands of communist professors preaching their lies at Harvard.

What company is making this microscopic solar sail? My guess is that it can not weigh any more than a 20th of a gram, or the 20th of a gram transmitter that can relay 4.36 light year data?
Again, the laser and its power source will never leave our solar system so there are no constraints on its size (your gram limit is not my limit though in the future it may be possible).

The transmitter on the probe can be very small since the receiver on this end can be very big.

Getting there is a lot easier than stopping once you are there.
The space probe may be more along the line of the Pluto probe. No stopping there either, but the gravitational assist allowed it to probe other things in the Kuiper belt.

Did NASA get funding,
Like I said just another deep state fake. So did Lubin build a working probe or did he buy KY jelly

Really NASA is so fucked up that they sent Americans into space on Russian rockets because they fucked up the American space program completely. That said the people who toasted astronuts in pure O2 would be your heroes.
Google Lubin to see a progress report. Geez, you are so obsessed with this, and now you are ranting against NASA.
You get the progress report for me, I seldom do what I am told to do by buffoons like you. However what is going to power the data stream so that communication can be maintained with the gram sized probe.

Seriously a typical marble weighs 4 to 5 grams, so the probe has to be smaller than a marble quartered.

That said you appear to have no clue what Boobin is proposing.

Tell us more

Did NASA get funding,

You get the progress report for me, I seldom do what I am told to do by buffoons like you. However what is going to power the data stream so that communication can be maintained with the gram sized probe.

Seriously a typical marble weighs 4 to 5 grams, so the probe has to be smaller than a marble quartered.

Tell us more

I'm not as obsessed with it as you are.

Did NASA get funding,

Tell us more

I'm not as obsessed with it as you are.

In other words I proved that the probe is as real as your IQ.

Now go have a nice dogmeat stir fry and dream about your interstellar probe that is 25 percent the size of a marble

Now go have a nice dogmeat stir fry and dream about your interstellar probe that is 25 percent the size of a marble
Of course the probe is not real. But the NASA funding and research for it is real.

And I proved that you are a troll (AKA Franie) with an obsessive aversion to progress in the frontiers of space science.

Of course the probe is not real. But the NASA funding and research for it is real.

And I proved that you are a troll (AKA Franie) with an obsessive aversion to progress in the frontiers of space science.

What is the power source for the probe? Perhaps it will employ a mini dilithium crystal warp engine with an entangled tachyon particle beam communications system linking Earth thru starfleet command.

All that you have proved here is that you believe what you are told because you are told, like the good commy that you are

Not my style, or function to believe what the enemy spews

Last edited:
All that you have proved here is that you believe what you are told because you are told, like the good commy that you are
Do you now believe that NASA did not fund Lubin?

Does not matter to me what NASA did. Do you accept that NASA murdered two astronauts by pumping pure O2 into a space capsule and that NASA screwed up American space flight so badly that they resorted to using RUSSIAN ROCKETS that also power RUSSIAN ICBM'S

Seriously your communist party ideology that whatever NASA says must be believed is retarded

1 gram of methamphetamine, can take a fool to Alpha Centauri, so enjoy your trip

1-gram-per-box.jpg

Last edited:
Does not matter to me what NASA did. Do you accept that NASA murdered two astronauts by pumping pure O2 into a space capsule and that NASA screwed up American space flight so badly that they resorted to using RUSSIAN ROCKETS that also power RUSSIAN ICBM'S

Seriously your communist party ideology that whatever NASA says must be believed is retarded

1 gram of methamphetamine, can take a fool to Alpha Centauri, so enjoy your trip
Franie, how can I be your BFF if you always digress from the space probe theme.

Franie, how can I be your BFF if you always digress from the space probe theme.
There is no 1 gram space probe to Alpha Centauri. Unless you are into LSD like your favorite professor

LSD can go anywhere, no nuclear decay needed

There is no 1 gram space probe to Alpha Centauri. Unless you are into LSD like your favorite professor

Wow. You forgot that it is a proposal now. Of course it doesn't exist.

The probe does not exist
The laser does not exist
The mini solar sail does not exist
The mini nuclear reactor does not exist
The mini receiver transmitter does not transmit

Why not include a mini fusion reactor and quantum digital camera and tickets to the Grateful Dead reunion

Again if all the parts do not exist the proposal is not real, but that does not stop suckers like you from getting fooled.

The probe does not exist
The laser does not exist

Why not include a mini fusion reactor and quantum digital camera and tickets to the Grateful Dead reunion

Again if all the parts do not exist the proposal is not real, but that does not stop suckers like you from getting fooled.
Wow. Again, you forgot that it is a proposal as of now. Of course they don't exist.
This may help you with your obsession, Franie, the young monk.

The probe does not exist
The laser does not exist

Wow. Again, you forgot that it is a proposal as of now. Of course they don't exist.
This may help you with your obsession, Franie, the young monk.

More chinese bullshit. Are the Monks sending gram sized probes to Alpha Centauri too

may take us 100 years to get to that point and we'll have made much progress in the fields of nano-tech and AI. Imagine a self-replicating AI the size of a molecule. It could be accelerated almost to light-speed and make the trip to the nearest stars in just years (stopping is another issue). Once there it would have the ability to populate it in a variety of ways. We would spread our humanity, just not our humans.
"At a recent talk at Harvard University, Philip Lubin of the University of California, Santa Barbara, presented a plan to launch small probes deep into space. Using an array of laser thrusters, a probe weighing one gram (just 0.035 ounces) would travel 4.4 light years the nearest star, Alpha Centauri, in just two decades. That’s only twice as long as it took the New Horizons spacecraft to fly by Pluto."​
A non reality, please try again.

All the clown has to do is shrink the laser by 5,000,000 percent, and stop licking Gerry Garcia stamps

Prof-Philip-Lubin.jpg
I'm embarrassed to have to point this out but the laser would remain in our solar system, it would never travel anywhere so the size of it wouldn't matter.
LOL you should be embarrassed to point out a laser that would be effective at billions or trillions of miles away

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dude a Sun is not effective at that range, so is this laser more powerful than the Sun at trillions of miles
Here ya go kid,

Voyager's transmitter:

As you said, the radio strength of Voyager 1 is about 23 watts. This signal is directed toward Earth, but since Voyager 1 is about 15 billion kilometers from Earth, by the time Voyager 1's signal reaches us its power is less than an attowatt, or a billionth of a billionth of a watt

I buy companies kid, you buy nonsense
Hey Franie, how is that relevant to this thread? Ya lookin for love?

It is perfectly relevant because your claim is that there are centimeter sized probes being built with onboard solar sails and laser beams that will travel to the stars because some dopey Harvard professor said so. Now why are you so obsessed with your mistake in mistaking a fake news article for the truth? It's OK lots of people get net scammed like you did.
What? You buy companies because I was scammed?
"Dusty's" real name is Walter Mitty. :auiqs.jpg:

He lives in his own imaginary world.

Forum List

Back