The president fails to believe that vetoing a veto proof bill will do nothing to stop its passage

He should just sign it into law instead of being a prick about it
maybe he wants his opinion to be put in the record as being against wars,,,

Kinda late for that. If he wanted that as his record he would have brought all the troops home. What one does on the way out the door really doesn't account for much.
hes been trying but both the dems and repubes are stopping him,,

They can't. It's 100% his call.

Kinda late for that. If he wanted that as his record he would have brought all the troops home. What one does on the way out the door really doesn't account for much.

so you didnt know the NDAA he wants to veto takes away that authority???

Irrelevant. He's had 4 years.

I sure wish he'd have brought the troops home from Afghanistan. I am SO TIRED of seeing all the ads with men with no legs on TV. And remind me why people getting their legs blown off makes them heroes? I'd call the man who puts a stop to all this a hero.

We tried security colonialism. Iraq, Afghanistan, Philippines, Yemen, Sudan, etc. Well, that sure didn't work.

nice dodge,,,

I always thought you dems were antiwar not warmongers,,

guess I was wrong,,,

I sure wish he'd have brought the troops home from Afghanistan. I am SO TIRED of seeing all the ads with men with no legs on TV. And remind me why people getting their legs blown off makes them heroes? I'd call the man who puts a stop to all this a hero.

We tried security colonialism. Iraq, Afghanistan, Philippines, Yemen, Sudan, etc. Well, that sure didn't work.

I see those ads also and while they need the assistance I also understand they had no business being where they were to get hurt.

nice dodge,,,

guess I was wrong,,,

When you have no argument to stand on, start with the ad hominem attacks.

nice dodge,,,

guess I was wrong,,,

youve not given me reason to think otherwise,,,

why didnt dems call for an end to the wars???

they did under obama,,,

nice dodge,,,

guess I was wrong,,,

they did under obama,,,

No they didn't. Obama expanded the wars. Obama is the reason they are cowards today.

nice dodge,,,

guess I was wrong,,,

they did under obama,,,

No they didn't. Obama expanded the wars. Obama is the reason they are cowards today.

nice dodge,,,

guess I was wrong,,,

they did under obama,,,

His "pledges" were worthless.

Never should have invaded in the first place

I suppose we had to teach Afghanistan a lesson after 9/11. Iraq wasn't in it at all, however. And why we didn't make war on Saudi Arabia instead, since they were actually the bad guys ----- oh, don't get me started.

However, dropping a few good-size bombs on the Taliban and leaving out would have been a lot better than this 20-year defeat to that bunch of goat-herders.

I suppose we had to teach Afghanistan a lesson after 9/11. Iraq wasn't in it at all, however. And why we didn't make war on Saudi Arabia instead, since they were actually the bad guys ----- oh, don't get me started.

However, dropping a few good-size bombs on the Taliban and leaving out would have been a lot better than this 20-year defeat to that bunch of goat-herders.
Only Allah knows why we allow the Saudis to get away with what they do.

He can still veto it and force them to go though the motions of overturning the veto by 2/3 majority.

Kudos to President Trump if he vetoes that bill.

Even if the Senate overrides his veto, so what?

He at least did his best to stop this Cancel Culture virus.

If I had my druthers, no military base would be renamed and no sports team name would be changed and no statues would be torn down and no school names would be erased.

Of course, the activists never know when to stop. Sooner or later, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Jefferson Memorial will all be renamed. And, of course, Shakespeare will no longer be taught.

If anyone thinks that the United States will be a better nation in the coming decades, well, I have a bridge in Brooklyn ...

The defense part of it is not his concern. That being said, yes the only reason to veto in this situation is to have it on record.

Forum List

Back