The price of normalizing relations with Cuba should have been the release of all political prisoners

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
The price of normalizing relations between the United States and Cuba should have been the release of all political prisoners and a scheduling of free and open elections.

But now it's done, and future Presidents won't have leverage to force these reforms.

In other words, it was a one way bargain, with the United States giving all, and Cuba giving nothing in return.

Obama sucks at negotiations, or he is a Communist who wants Cuba to remain a dictatorship.

The price of normalizing relations between the United States and Cuba should have been the release of all political prisoners and a scheduling of free and open elections.

But now it's done, and future Presidents won't have leverage to force these reforms.

In other words, it was a one way bargain, with the United States giving all, and Cuba giving nothing in return.
How's that worked for us for the last 50 years?

Obama sucks at negotiations, or he is a Communist who wants Cuba to remain a dictatorship.

Or he's a person who recognizes that doing the same thing for 50 years and expecting different results is childishly stupid.

Here is a photo of Obama with Castro....

upload_2016-3-22_14-26-31.jpeg

Ooops wrong President....wrong Communist.....

Or he's a person who recognizes that doing the same thing for 50 years and expecting different results is childishly stupid.

You are right Skylar. Doing the same thing for 50 years and continuing to get poor results is a stupid thing to do.

Which makes me wonder why black folks still vote Democrat. 50 years now. Same results: poverty and dependency.

You are right Skylar. Doing the same thing for 50 years and continuing to get poor results is a stupid thing to do.

Which makes me wonder why black folks still vote Democrat. 50 years now. Same results: poverty and dependency.

Holy awkward subject change, Batman!

Can we take it from your wildly irrelevant claims that you have nothing useful to offer on this topic?

Why don't we discuss it in the thread where you insisted assaults on cops are up. You know, the one you fled from.

Obama just isn't much of a dictator and he's not into "shock and awe" as a way of bullying other dictatorships.
Just think....Obama has done this and nobody in Cuba died. You must be SO disappointed.

Can we take it from your wildly irrelevant claims that you have nothing useful to offer on this topic?

Why don't we discuss it in the thread where you insisted assaults on cops are up. You know, the one you fled from.

I didn't flee. Stats for 2015 and 2016 haven't been compiled by the FBI yet. I'm using the words of police commanders getting feedback from the street.

To the topic......

I'm actually ok with the Cuba visit in theory. Expose some capitalism to them. Show them their evil tyrants ways.

But they are still a communist terrorist dictatorship. And when an allie is hit by an enemy terror attack....being on TV smiling with a terrorist at a ball game is horrible leadership.

What better message to the world....upon this attack...than to leave the tyrants side and say THIS IS why you must change. THIS IS why your ways cannot endure.

But no.....the baseball game was too good and you know....hot dogs and soda and all that.

I didn't flee. Stats for 2015 and 2016 haven't been compiled by the FBI yet. I'm using the words of police commanders getting feedback from the street.

Sure you did. You have nothing to back your claims. I presented overwhelming evidence contradicting you....and you fled. I ran you off your own thread.

That had to be humiliating.

To the topic......

I'm actually ok with the Cuba visit in theory. Expose some capitalism to them. Show them their evil tyrants ways.

But they are still a communist terrorist dictatorship. And when an allie is hit by an enemy terror attack....being on TV smiling with a terrorist at a ball game is horrible leadership.

What better message to the world....upon this attack...than to leave the tyrants side and say THIS IS why you must change. THIS IS why your ways cannot endure.

But no.....the baseball game was too good and you know....hot dogs and soda and all that.

Sure they are. But engagement is a better strategy than isolation. As isolation hasn't done shit.

Obama took a page from the Nixon foreign policy play book...and engaged.

To the topic......

And so you were there and you know for a fact that that was how his day was spent. Fascinating. You should get your own blog.
Elect Trump....he'll sit inside his apartment on 5th Ave and tweet about it.

Luckily Obama has seen the comprehensive and utter failure in the method of telling other countries what they are going to do and has realized that not putting a country on the defensive makes them more inclined to become less dictatorial as they see fit.

Ignorant, partisan nonsense.

The president’s mission was to normalize diplomatic relations with Cuba, end the pointless, failed policy of isolation, and lay the groundwork upon which future negotiations might take place.

Obama successfully accomplished this, ending the failed policy of isolation was warranted, appropriate, and justified.

To the topic......

The stupidity of this speaks for itself – a classic false comparison fallacy.

Typical for obuthole

To the topic......

Stfu jailhouse idiot.

To the topic......

Stfu jailhouse idiot.
So youre an ex con? No wonder you are so stupid.

Luckily Obama has seen the comprehensive and utter failure in the method of telling other countries what they are going to do and has realized that not putting a country on the defensive makes them more inclined to become less dictatorial as they see fit.

Obama is better at other countries telling him what to do...He's a sad, pathetic, case really, an embarrassment to the country

Obama is better at other countries telling him what to do...He's a sad, pathetic, case really, an embarrassment to the country
Name one thing another country has changed here in the US. I'll wait......

Name one thing another country has changed here in the US. I'll wait......

Our policy towards dealing with the islamofascist Scum in Iran..our policies against dealing with the communist fascist regime, 90 miles from our borders. Obama is lectured by these people how embarrassing. This is a sad time in the history of the United States of America:(

Forum List

Back