🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Propaganda Campaign To Wreck Social Security Is Right On Track

Hang on... So the Republicans are going to propose a Swedish type social security net?

I would seriously love if you were right... Could you please point to were they have proposed this?
they have already

SS was created by white men so it must white supremacy therefore we must end SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course its a fix, and a damn good one.

Eliminate taxes on the benefits, and there will be less pressure to increase them as recipients would get more benefit from them.
Agree. Or at least peg the amount where taxation starts to inflation. I don’t think it’s been touched in 25 years.

Personally, I wish there was no social security. I could have done significantly better taking the amount confiscated from me and investing it on my own.

But that’s me. I am responsible, and always lived beneath my means to save for my retirement years. The majority of Americans, though, spend every penny and have nothing saved at all.

So what would happen is that responsible people, such as myself who lowered their living expenses in anticipation of their old age, would be taxed even MORE to help support the irresponsible people who spent money on things they couldn’t afford in their working years, and now have nothing.

SS is forced retirement savings for the irresponsible. We need it to continue.

That makes all sorts of assumptions about his actions and behaviors as well as facts not in evidence.

It also ignores the effect of dumping trillions into what is arguably already a volatile medium as well as costs associated with management.

Chile again is a cautionary tale. It was a disaster
No it doesn't all I did was use the same amount of money that SS confiscates.

And once again the US is not Chile ( a third world corrupt shithole)

And you do not have to pay anyone to manage your portfolio. There are extremely low fee mutual funds and those fees will be minuscule compared to the income tax saved by using a Roth IRA

Plus he can leave that million to his heirs.

And, if SS guy dies right before retirement he gets ZERO of his dollars he has been contributing for decades.

Its a scam.
Well we can't have people leaving money to their heirs now can we?

Progs want to change SS in a major way. The payers are becoming payees with the globalist designs being interfered with.
Ahh the Globalists... They must be behind this...

Could you tell us on the device made by a globalist economy how the "Globalists" decided? Do they meet in a room?

How do I get a job as a Globalist?

: crickets: from Lesh :banana: :banana: :banana:
Need an actuary and a day to formalise the actual risk...

Just by looking at it they are making money because they investing money with institutions that are taking there money and investing it... This is then about risk, they are OK in a smaller set up and cost should be covered somewhat...

What happens if these institutions goes bust and they do...

Sorry there is no free money out there and the social security has to be more risk adverse. You seem to be happy with being riskier with your retirement plan, which is your choice but if it goes tits up, it is the Government that pick up the tab..

Personally, I wish there was no social security. I could have done significantly better taking the amount confiscated from me and investing it on my own.

But that’s me. I am responsible, and always lived beneath my means to save for my retirement years. The majority of Americans, though, spend every penny and have nothing saved at all.

So what would happen is that responsible people, such as myself who lowered their living expenses in anticipation of their old age, would be taxed even MORE to help support the irresponsible people who spent money on things they couldn’t afford in their working years, and now have nothing.

SS is forced retirement savings for the irresponsible. We need it to continue.
You are responsible but broke according to your testimony in another thread. I myself have enjoyed my feeless SS benefits.

No it doesn't all I did was use the same amount of money that SS confiscates.
It assumes that people will voluntarily save TWELVE PERCENT of their income

That they will leave that money in there. no pulling it out for college No pulling it out for a house, or car or vacations, or health emergency or building a business.

It assumes the market will always produce as it has in the past. (Every prospectus warns against thinking that)

And there WILL be fees because the government will mandate that as it did in Chile.
And once again the US is not Chile ( a third world corrupt shithole)
Actually not. But ignoring what happened there mandates that you make that claim

But thanks for showing a big example of the propaganda noted in the thread title

It assumes that people will voluntarily save TWELVE PERCENT of their income

That they will leave that money in there. no pulling it out for college No pulling it out for a house, or car or vacations, or health emergency or building a business.

It assumes the market will always produce as it has in the past. (Every prospectus warns against thinking that)

And there WILL be fees because the government will mandate that as it did in Chile.

Actually not. But ignoring what happened there mandates that you make that claim
No it doesn't

It uses the same 12% that is confiscated by SS

The mandatory payroll tax and employer match can still stand.

And the US is not fucking Chile so that comparison is pure BULLSHIT.

You've obviously never been to any South American countries. Corruption is king.

By redeeming the special notes issued to SS, which is already happening. At the current rate the Trust Fund will be spent by 2034.
At which point SS will be able to pay out fully 75% of obligations. Raising the cap would eliminate the difference. For those who don’t know what the cap is

Above $110K of income NO social security tax is taken out.

Forum List

Back