🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Propaganda Campaign To Wreck Social Security Is Right On Track

Good, we need to phase out Social Security.
It is none of the govt's business to confiscate our money to supposedly take care of us when we retire.

Freedom comes with responsibility & saving for the future is just common sense that the feds have tried to replace with a Big Brother type system that is going to be completely broke before most of us retire.

Get rid of it

Ok. And the people who have paid in for decades. What do they get out of it? The knowledge that their money was used to buy expensive weapons systems like Drones and Stealth Port a Potty’s?

Oh Christ. That tired chestnut?

If you believe that then no Treasury Bill is worth a shit.

Soooooooo your solution is to keep borrowing. Typical economic cripple.

Ok. And the people who have paid in for decades. What do they get out of it? The knowledge that their money was used to buy expensive weapons systems like Drones and Stealth Port a Potty’s?
Progs and RINOS just went to Ukraine to genuflect to their masters. A hundred billion dollars easily spent in the last few months.

Refer to my earlier post of today, 6:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,

Personally, I wish there was no social security. I could have done significantly better taking the amount confiscated from me and investing it on my own. ...
SS is forced retirement savings for the irresponsible. We need it to continue.
Lissa558, we agree incidences of poverty not being just detrimental to individuals and their families, but in aggregate they're detrimental to our nation's economy.
Respectfully, Supposn

Agreed, and Social Security was supposed to be a security net for you to live on at poverty level and help boost your retirement pay and not be what you live on solely in your retirement.

People like the Op has this delusion believing Social Security is your main source of income in retirement while it is not and you should have put away money on top of it…
Yes true. BUT Social security is a necessary safety net.

SS is very successful in its mission, to provide a measure of financial security to wage earners in their retirement years. And for those of us who continue to work it's a source of investment income. It's the best social program the gov't has ever conceived.

At which point SS will be able to pay out fully 75% of obligations. Raising the cap would eliminate the difference. For those who don’t know what the cap is

Above $110K of income NO social security tax is taken out.
Wrong

For 2022, the maximum earnings subject to Social Security taxes is $147,000, up from $142,800 in 2021

I'm much better at investing my earnings than the government will ever be. The rest of your snotty, juvenile drivel doesn't merit a response.
You may be better at investment most wont be. And many will think they will save or invest. But wont. We don't need more starving / dependent senior's 20 years down the road

SS is very successful in its mission, to provide a measure of financial security to wage earners in their retirement years. And for those of us who continue to work it's a source of investment income. It's the best social program the gov't has ever conceived.
It's very successful at keeping people dependent on government and robbing them of the opportunity to create wealth for themselves and their families.

You may be better at investment most wont be. And many will think they will save or invest. But wont. We don't need more starving / dependent senior's 20 years down the road
And you just think people are too fucking stupid to learn how to handle their own money , right?

Investing in a balanced portfolio is not rocket science and anyone can do it.

Shit you can buy a package of mutual funds that will shift focus as you age

I never said anything about fixing it I was just pointing out your error.

It seems you don't know as much about SS as you think you do.
I said raising the cap would fix it and it would.

Pointing to a minimal cap increase does nothing to disprove that

I don't treat adults like they're my children. Not my responsibility. Make the program voluntary and let adults live or die with the consequences of their decisions.

I don't treat adults like they're my children. Not my responsibility. Make the program voluntary and let adults live or die with the consequences of their decisions.
Right. So kill social security and then say”Hey… not my problem if the result is terrible”

Makes sense… sure

Right. So kill social security and then say”Hey… not my problem if the result is terrible”

Makes sense… sure
Do you have reading comprehension issues? I said "make it voluntary", not "kill it".
If making a program voluntary kills it, perhaps it's not the panacea you perceive it to be.

Forum List

Back